What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 8/9/18 7:23 am

Good morning everyone. Sorry I'm a little late, but I decided to sleep in. It was a little cooler last night, so I opened up the windows and caught up on some much needed sleep.

Today DH and I are going to a pool party this afternoon. Not sure what the menu holds there. It's supposed to be a BBQ. I will stick with protein, and I am bringing some cheese, nuts, and fruit. Also I am bringing pastries to distract the others from eating all the protein, cheese and nuts.

You know there will be lots of decaf throughout the day.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

corriev
on 8/9/18 7:25 am
VSG on 03/06/18
VSG on 03/06/18

Hi there,

enjoy the pool party... and yes its nicer to sleep when its cooler ( especially without conditioners)

My meal plan for the day

B - Protein shake

S - a few spits

L - Left over BBQ chicken

D - Tuna with Salsa

S - Jerky

MFP says

Protein - 102

Carb - 10

Cal - 655

crqvingchange
on 8/9/18 7:34 am

Nice stats there Corrie.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/9/18 7:27 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning!

And gah, sorry! I'm going to delete my post as soon as I figure out how, lol.

CC, I'm glad you were able to get some sleep last night. Hopefully the heat won't build up like that again.

Today is 1 month since my surgery. I've lost approx. 22 lbs since surgery, and approx. 46lbs since starting Optifast. I still have a very long way to go, but I'm already noticing positive differences- my tops fit better, my pants are too loose. My hands, feet, and face are less puffy. When I sit in the bathtub, there's actually some room between the outside of my thighs and the sides of the tub. My knees don't hurt when I'm out shopping.

Next Tuesday marks 2 months since starting Optifast, and part of me REALLY wants to have lost an even 50lbs by then. But I'm trying not to obsess about it.

Food:

Breakfast: 6 slices prosciutto, 1 oz Gruyere

Lunch, Snack, Dinner: Protein shake (egg white protein powder, water, SF flavouring)

Calories: 637, Protein: 102g, Carbs: 3.1g, Fat: 18.2g

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/9/18 7:39 am

Also great stats Kara. The NSV's will keep on coming. You are doing so well. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, you body will hit 50 when it decides to. Everyone here will tell you that the last pounds before Onederland, hitting the Century Club, and other milestones, will be a pain in the butt. Just be happy with how your body is doing and you just might end up surpassing that goal at 2 months. I watched Ginny suffer trying to hit Onederland she was so frustrated.

kamac
on 8/9/18 8:01 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks, CC. I'm so grateful to you vets who keep posting here. You guys are such an inspiration and support for us newbies.

Have a good time at the pool party today!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/9/18 9:44 am

Thank you very much my lovely. Technically I'm not a vet until 5 years post-op. I pay it forward for all of those that helped me in the beginning - KarenM, PatM, Birdiegirl, KellyBelly, Tracey, DiminishingDawn, there are so many. They kept me on the straight and narrow in a firm but loving way.

staceycvd
on 8/9/18 8:31 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Good morning! I want to go to a pool party, that sounds awesome!!

Breakfast for me is a premier protein shake.

L- Puree'd chicken teriyaki

D- Scrambled eggs

Baritastic says:

66g protein

10 carbs

4 sugar

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 8/9/18 9:46 am

T minus 2 hours and counting to pool party time. I am so excited. Truthfully they will need to get something pretty enticing to lure me out of the pool. I love being in the water.

Most Active
Recent Topics