The wait (and I guess weight) is killing me!!!

VioletFemme
on 8/11/18 10:40 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I had my referral in summer 2017 and had my orientation in November 2017. I did the orientation, nutrition class, dietician meeting, nurse assessment, social worker meeting, psychological assessment. In between that I had to deal with h pylori and a sleep study. Passed all steps, infection gone, no sleep apnea. Now, I'm just waiting for an appointment with surgeon/internest and having to do updated blood work. The waiting sucks.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

JRo
on 8/12/18 6:11 am - Cobourg , Canada

I can relate to that. I have yet another wedding to go to while still at this weight....

What centre are you with? If the infection is gone it shouldn't be too much longer before you get a call about your appointment date. I find it easier if I at least have a calendar date to work towards. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

~ j.

My Journey: Oct 2017 Referred to Ontario Bariatric Network by Family Doctor; Nov 2017 Received letter from Toronto Western; Jan 2018 Orientation @TWH; Mar 2018 Social Worker and Nurse Assessments (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Apr 2018 Nutrition Class @TWH; Jul 2018 Psychologist Assessment (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Aug 2018 Dietitian (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Jan 11 2019 Meet the Surgeon; March Scheduled surgery changed to Jan 29 2019 ( VSG )

VioletFemme
on 8/12/18 8:57 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I am with Toronto Western Hospital. They said I completed all the steps. Though they didn't give an official approval, they said no reason why I would be denied. I'm just waiting for rounds. I don't know when that is.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

JRo
on 8/12/18 10:17 am - Cobourg , Canada

I heard they would be going though some cases on Friday; hang in there - you are probably in that bunch and they will get back to you soon.

~ j.

My Journey: Oct 2017 Referred to Ontario Bariatric Network by Family Doctor; Nov 2017 Received letter from Toronto Western; Jan 2018 Orientation @TWH; Mar 2018 Social Worker and Nurse Assessments (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Apr 2018 Nutrition Class @TWH; Jul 2018 Psychologist Assessment (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Aug 2018 Dietitian (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Jan 11 2019 Meet the Surgeon; March Scheduled surgery changed to Jan 29 2019 ( VSG )

shiney
on 8/14/18 7:11 am

To pass the time, I have been working out more often. I have a little resistance training program that I am very slowing starting to get into. I keep telling myself I'm training for the surgery.

Basically I'm trying to prevent loose skin by gaining some muscle before hand. I know my arms don't stand a chance because there's gonna be a looot of skin, but psychologically, it's helping.

*TWH* Referral - December 2017; Orientation - March 2018; SW Assessment - May 2018; Nurse Practitioner - June 2018; Nutrition Class - June 2018; Psych - August 2018; Dietitian - August 2018; Appt. w/ Surgeon - November 2018; Surgery date - January 2019

Weight loss

Pre-surgery: 14, M1: 18, M2: 9, M3: 8, M4: 10, M5:6 , M6:9

jayjen789
on 8/15/18 7:25 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

This is exactly what I am doing as well! I say to myself that I am training for surgery. Apparently, muscle VS fat makes it better/easier for the surgeon...or so I've read. So I am a soldier in training until I am called to war. War fat that is lol

Referral May 2018, Humber River (HRRH) Orientation June 2018...Surgery December 2018

Ontario_Girl
on 8/13/18 10:08 am - Canada

I hope you hear back soon!!! I had asked my doctor to do a referral in Dec, but she didn't get to it and resubmitted this past January. I too had to deal with that darn hpylori bacteria! It took 3 rounds to finally eradicate it! Having surgery next week. Keep calling them? Maybe a call will nudge your file along. Best of luck!! you are almost there!!

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

Karen M.
on 8/13/18 7:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I know that every day feels like a painful hell. The waiting does totally suck. You're so close now. (Sleep studies are not so awesome FYI) My only advice is to take this time to continue reasearch, make changes where you're able ( like eating a protein first menu before you have to) and hang in there while continuing to follow up). Your day will come.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

VioletFemme
on 8/15/18 12:44 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Thanks for you're support. I'm basically living a post-bari life just w/o the super small portion sizes. I am so ready for this.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

VioletFemme
on 8/21/18 9:20 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Just got called with an appointment with a surgeon. I was advised to bring a credit card. :)

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

Most Active
Recent Topics