What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 8/13/18 3:46 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Hope everyone had a good weekend. DH and I went to the music festival in town for 2 of the days. There were 4 venues at the festival, so if you didn't like the music at one stage you could just walk down the street to another. All free music, beautiful weather, good food trucks, loads of people/dog watching. I was in heaven.

This morning I'm going swimming then meeting a friend for coffee. Later I'm meeting another friend for lunch. Tomorrow we get our new A/C. I really wanted a pony for my birthday, but an A/C will have to do, lol.

Accountability: Really good.

Question of the day: How do you plan your eating when you are at an all day event? For me, if there are food trucks, I will go for the insides of a fish taco, or a bunless burger, or BBQ chicken. I try to stay away from sauces that have sugar in them. If there are no food trucks, I will bring my little Bento Box and fill it with snacks that don't need refrigeration, just an ice pack - nuts, pepperettes, berries, Baby Bell, celery and carrot sticks with some hummus or a packaged ranch dip, protein bar, protein powder to make a drink, electrolyte drink mix.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B: Rivers of decaf, some black with Stevia and some with cream and sweetener.

S. Protein iced coffee

L. Ahi tuna on a bed of avocado and Asian slaw.

D. Probably the other half of lunch. If it's not enough, I have a Mango/Jalapeno Grilled Chicken sausage with some Ancho/Chipotle aoili.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 8/13/18 7:22 am - Canada

Good morning :)

DH is back to work today so we are slow getting started :) We had a whole bunch of visitors yesterday and we are all tired today so we will be napping a lot. My friends brought dinner and did our dishes (I love them) so I just spent a few minutes putting them away. I held Keira and she fell asleep while I was walking around. She's so delightful.

QOTD: we don't typically do all day events because DH and I are both pretty introverted. When I'm planning to be out for a long period of time I pack my cooler bag with enough food for all meals and snacks that we will be away for and then add some food like jerky, cheese sticks, protein bars, etc. to make sure I'm well covered. If we find food somewhere that's great, otherwise I know I'm good with what I brought. Now that I think about it I'm going to have to be super conscientious about this now so I can make sure both me and Keira are covered. I tend to be pretty organized when my brain is working properly lol.

Post-op three years and five months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - muffin and Greek yogurt

Lunch - tbd once DH gets home

Snack - pepperoni and cheese

Dinner - tbd - leftovers??

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/13/18 9:05 am

Keira is going to want trips to the park, and you will have to pack snacks for both of you. She is so adorable you may not get time to eat with strangers coming up to see the baby.

You do have good friends.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

wrkinprogress
on 8/13/18 9:21 am

Welcome Keira - Such a beautiful name for that precious little girl! (Too bad C.C. she didn't take your suggestion )

So nice to see you back Meg, enjoy those simple moments because they grow up way too quickly!

crqvingchange
on 8/13/18 9:24 am

I'm pretty sure her second name is Thorbellina, roflmfao.

Meggles07
on 8/13/18 4:11 pm - Canada

Absolutely... We named her just for you ;)

Murt65
on 8/13/18 7:27 am

Cc that sounds fun. Where was the music festival? We love going to things like that.

QOTD- I always pack protein drinks and snacks but if there is good I will go for the protein. I went to a gold tournament yesterday and they were serving itslianso I expected mostly pasta. I was happy to be served cheese or meat cannoloni and chicken on a stick. It was easy to eat the inside protein and leave the pasta.

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

crqvingchange
on 8/13/18 9:08 am

It was the TD Bluesfest in Kitchener-Waterloo. Every year there are more people than the year before. They provide chairs, but those fill up quickly so DH and I bring our camping chairs and you can put them anywhere on the street because they have closed it off from traffic.

Murt65
on 8/14/18 6:14 am

Thanks CC. We are in Brantford and other than jazz fest in September we don't really have anywhere to sit outside and listen to music. We need a restaurant or pub that has a patio and guitarist! I would be there all the time!

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

linda11665
on 8/13/18 9:33 am - Ottawa, Canada

Good Afternoon Everyone,

QOTD: I always bring a lunch bag full of stuff I can eat, I have too many food allergies to just wing it. lol

Accountability: After this week end crappy!! My youngest daughter is experimenting in the kitchen. Yes I only have low fat, sugar free ingredients. Substitute butter with greek yogurt, chocolate with dairy free dark chocolate but if you have more than one, well it ain't that healthy either. She made these peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecakes, little muffin portions, but I did not stop at one

So back on track for me *****y pouch demands it. lol

B : Two egg whites with turkey sausage

S: Greek yogurt with sf powder (1/4) cup in total with some strawberries

L: Two turkey meatballs that I make from scratch

S: nothing probably will still be full from lunch

Supper: Greek salad with chicken (1/2) cup because I probably will still be full from lunch

S: If I need one it will probably be 1/2 cup of a protein shake (protein powder and kale mixed with water)

Two hours of weight training and cardio today!! 795 calories burned!!!!

Have a super day!!

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Most Active
Recent Topics