What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 8/14/18 3:43 am

Good morning lovely Menu Maties. Today is a special day, we get the new A/C. Almost 3 weeks of hot and humid in the house with little sleep has been a challenge. But these are 1st world problems and in general we have a lot to be grateful for. Yesterday's lunch with my girlfriend was so much fun. She is the sweetest and I have known her for over 30 years. She drove from out of town holding a vase full of gladioli for me. They are absolutely beautiful and the wait staff came to our table and took pics of them with their phones.

This evening we are going out for birthday celebrations and to listen to live music. This is a small venue and the acoustics are great. I will have the duck wings that they slow roast in the oven for hours like duck confit.

Accountability: surprisingly really good

Question of the Day: I try not to think of food as a treat or a celebration for a special event. I am trying to make my regular meals more interesting. So my question is, how do you mark those special moments and events now? Because I am old (well a year older today, lol) for me being with the people I love on those special days seems far more rewarding than any cake ever could be. Also, after the workmen have left, I am hoping to get to the gym for an hour. Being able to workout is the gift that keeps on giving.

4 years post-op, the eats today are:

B. Rivers of decaf with a little cream and sweetener

L. Charcuterie with Brie, spicy cappicola, olives, a fresh fig

D. Duck wings with a side salad

May squeeze in a protein shake at the gym

Have a wonderful day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 8/14/18 4:49 am - Peterborough, Canada

Happy Birthday CC!!

kamac
on 8/14/18 5:59 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good morning all.

Happy Birthday, CC! Have a fantastic time tonight. Glad to hear about your AC, it will feel soooo good and I believe it's going to be another sticky one out there today.

Had a busy day yesterday with no time to post, but my 1 month post-surgery class went well. We also got an opportunity to meet with the nurse one-on-one. I've been cleared to eat nuts and seeds at 8 weeks, and given the okay to switch back to the slow-release version of my medication, since I have a sleeve. I came out of my appointment a happy camper.

I have appointments and errands most of the morning, then a short visit with my sister and kids. Then just taking it easy the rest of the day. I still get quite tired in the afternoons.

Accountability: Didn't get in as much water as I should have yesterday, and went too long between meals. Let myself get thrown off by busyness and stress. I need to be mindful of that.

QOTD: Like you say CC, it's spending time with loved ones' that really matters. I have a coupe of birthday celebrations coming up in the next couple of weeks, the first since surgery. I can honestly say that I don't care about the cake or sweets. I've had enough of those to last me several lifetimes! But I will have a lot of fun watching my niece opening her presents and trying some cake for the first time. And I will enjoy helping my dad feel extra loved and appreciated on his b-day.

Food:

B- 1.5oz genoa salami (about 12 slices)

L- 100ml Greek yogurt with Naked Goat protein powder, SF flavouring

D- Protein shake with egg white protein powder and 1/2 cup almond milk

S- 8 slices salami and 30g parmigiano reggiano

Water (90oz) and vitamins

Calories: 650, Protein: 80g, Carbs: 7.8g, Fat: 30.7g

Hope everyone has a good day!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/14/18 11:35 am

Great news on your 1 month anniversary visit. You should be a happy camper. You are doing so well.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Murt65
on 8/14/18 6:31 am

Happy Birthday CC,

This year my family decided instead of gifts, birthdays are about experiences and making memories. For my birthday we are going to the Zoo! The food doesn't even enter into the decision. I love it!

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

Meggles07
on 8/14/18 6:33 am - Canada

Happy birthday CC!!!!! :)

We were close but just didn't quite make it to today ;) it's my cousin's birthday as well and I'm no longer her favorite lol.

Not much planned for today. The midwife will do her last home visit today. Then we have to get out act together and go out in public ;) lol.

QOTD: we did sort of celebrate with food this year but we went to a BBQ restaurant and got the meat platter so it still worked ;) otherwise I'm into taking photos of our important memories, hanging out with friends and family, and sometimes buying something bigger that we have wanted for a while. This past year we bought a new fancy stove instead of buying each other anniversary gifts. We were both super excited about it because DH cooks and I bake. Our old stove would burn the cookies on the outside of the tray and the inner ones would still be raw. DH is extra happy because I make more cookies for him lol.

Post-op three years and five months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - yogurt and mini muffin

Lunch - tbd... Cheese toast maybe

Snack - almonds and dates?? Lol

Dinner - tbd

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/14/18 11:39 am

The cutie pie will be everyone's favourite.

If you went to Q for BBQ, you probably left with LOTS of leftovers. We have a convection oven and it does a good job of evenly distributing the heat. It also works great on the convection roast setting.

Meggles07
on 8/14/18 6:32 pm - Canada

We actually went to the Lancaster. That place is crazy busy.

We really like the convection setting... I found I had to adjust my recipes for baking though.

corriev
on 8/14/18 7:32 am, edited 8/14/18 12:38 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Morning ...

Happy Birthday CC - whats it like being 21?

loving the weather eh?

being new to WLS - i try and trade it up with spice and different flavors. Like adding salsa to my tuna, and a few curry spices to my BBQ chicken.. That seems to work, even though Im sticking to the basics. As a treat, I change the venue, ill move my BBQ to the front deck, to change the scenery... weird i know but it works for me. I agree with your statement CC, having people around me to, beat any cake.

My day

b - Protein shake

S - Spitz

L - grilled chicken and greek salad

S - left overs

D - Pork loin

S - More pork loin

Will check on MFP later

Have a blessed day yall.

crqvingchange
on 8/14/18 11:40 am

Corrie, I am so old that I don't remember what 21 was like, lol. I'm pretty sure I misbehaved on my 21st birthday.

Most Active
Recent Topics