What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 8/16/18 3:23 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. It's Happy Friday Junior as Karen calls it. Let's hear your plans for the day.

This morning I'm taking a little time to clean out the garage, then going swimming. Later this morning I am getting my hair done because I'm tired of scaring myself when I look at it. Tonight DH and I are going to a friend's house for dinner with her family. We will bring the food. I saw that Sobey's has a meal deal where you buy one roasted chicken and got 50% off the other one, plus a deli salad and a lemon meringue pie.

Accountability: Nope, there was a Justin's almond butter pouch that snuck in at the end of the day. Not bad, but just wasn't on my plan.

Question of the day: Tell me about your favourite teacher. Did you like them because they were pretty, or funny, or just kind? Mine was funny and kind. A great combination. For all the value society places on looks, my fav teacher choice had nothing to do with looks.

B. Rivers of decaf

L. This may have to be a protein bar while I am getting my hair done. Maybe I'll bring another Justin's almond butter packet.

D. Roasted chicken, salad, NO pie. lol.

Hope everyone has a great day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/16/18 5:59 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good Morning! Friday Junior...I like that

Today for me is group therapy all morning, getting my butt on the treadmill, and doing laundry. I'm a little grumpy because the scale went up this morning. Just when I get all excited about finally starting to feel sleeve restriction, my body says "You think that's cool? Well check this out. I can gain a pound in a day. See?" Grrrr

QOTD: My grade 4 teacher, Mrs. Campbell. She was kind and motherly but also firm and nobody's fool. I loved her. I can't remember what she looked like exactly, just that she was slender and had brown hair. She seemed ancient to me at the time, but she was probably in her 40's.

Accountability: All good.

Food:

Breakfast: 4 slices (15g) genoa salami, 1 oz (15 g) parmigiano reggiano

Lunch: Protein shakes with egg white protein

Snack: 4 slices (15g) genoa salami, 1 oz (15 g) parmigiano reggiano

Dinner: Protein shakes with egg white protein

Calories: 560, Protein: 69.4g, Carbs: 8g, Fat: 24g

Have a great day everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Monica9811
on 8/16/18 6:54 am - Peterborough, Canada

Is there a lot of sodium in your salami? Could be reason for the gain.

kamac
on 8/16/18 12:46 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Good point, Monica. I was wondering the same, although I don't seem to have any puffiness. What's funny is in the stage before I was eating all this cheese, salami, and prosciutto, I added sodium to my water because I wasn't getting any in my diet and I think I was suffering from carb withdrawal. The added sodium seemed to help my headaches and fatigue.

Not doing the sodium water any more, but maybe I'm going overboard on the salami (it's so delicious!)

Tomorrow I'm going to try some chicken breast done in the crock pot. Never done crock pot before, I'm looking forward to it.

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/16/18 7:43 pm

Up a pound, down a pound, don't fret the small changes. Mine used to go up a pound and then it would drop the next day. It's all good and you are doing great. The further out from surgery the more you will see days when it won't move and then you can drop 2 in a day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/17/18 7:59 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks, CC. This journey sure teaches us a lot about patience, especially with respect to our bodies.

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Meggles07
on 8/16/18 6:11 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We are making the big trek to the midwife clinic this morning. It's our first outing and a new adventure ;)

Later we will definitely be napping and my grandparents are coming to visit. They are so excited. This is the first great-grandkid and my youngest cousin is now 17 so it has been a long time since there was a baby in the family.

QOTD: my favourite teacher was my high school math teacher. I had her for five classes over four years. I always say if it wasn't for her I don't know if I would have stuck it out through high school because I didn't love high school even though I had good grades. She is now a vice principal at a different high school. She's the kind of teacher that is still in contact with her students because so many people loved her (I have her on Facebook).

Post-op three years and five months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - dates and almonds

Lunch - chicken sandwich (MIL brought cooked chicken, fresh buns, garden tomatoes, and a whole blueberry pie).

Snack - yogurt and muffin

Dinner - tbd possibly casserole leftovers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

kamac
on 8/16/18 6:37 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Good luck at the appointment, I'm sure it will go great. It's wonderful your little one has great-grandparents. Lots of family to love and spoil her ?

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics