What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 4:31 am

Good morning my menu lovelies. Meg we are waiting for the latest cute thing that Keira did. The weekend was wonderful. DH and I tooled around in the new car and he even let me drive it, lol. Ended up going to the Mandarin with my inlaws on Saturday. I had sashimi, 3 shrimp, roasted chicken wing, small amount of green beans, and a little SF Cappuccino icecream all spread out over 2 hours. These places are a waste for me, but it keeps my MIL happy and that is half the battle.

Today I'm going swimming, meeting a friend for coffee, and then meeting a group of ladies for lunch. The rest of the day will be household drudgery.

Accountability: Really good

Question of the day: What is your fav thing to do with chicken? I have some chicken that I need to use up and I'm looking for some ideas.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Deluge of decaf with sweetener

L. Grilled chicken souvlaki with some tzatziki and a Greek salad

D. Poached egg on baked Jalapeno Havarti with a little Hollandaise on top, sliced fresh beefsteak tomato on the side, or maybe sliced avocado (it depends on if my avocado is ripe enough) I had something similar on the weekend in a restaurant and now I have a new love.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/20/18 6:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Ontario Gang! Back at it today. Sigh. Hit the gym this morning and did 5 km. I thought it might be harder but I still did it in just under 30 mins, so that's a win for me! I went through my emails over the weekend so I wouldn't get angry on my Monday morning....some people.

CC I like just sauteing some onions and peppers with my chicken and put a little cheese and sour cream on it to eat. Basically the insides of a fajita. I have a new recipe to try it's chicken enchilada's but the "tortilla" is made out of cheese. I will be trying it this week and will report back.

Post Op 2 yrs 4 mos

B - 1 egg, 1/4 cup turkey sausage crumbles, 30 grams cheese

S - lite and fit with blueberries

L - 4 oz beer can chicken, broccoli salad

S - 2 pepperoni/mozzarella wraps, cucumbers

D - like more left over chicken and a salad of some sort

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 7:11 am

Chicken fajita innards. You are brilliant (as always).

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 8/20/18 7:58 am

I had gone cross border shopping to Syracuse last Friday and had half a slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for lunch. (Great going down but really not delicious on my sugar jitters driving home.)The waitress kept asking if I wanted anything else maybe soup or a small salad tea or coffee. I finally told her not to worry as a grownup I had given myself permission to eat cake for lunch! PS the weirdest thing after losing so much weight is trying to find bras that fit, hence the trip to the states

In that spirit.....

Breakfast

12 shrimp pan tossed with s+p

Quinoa .25 of a cup

Lunch

Banana with greek yogurt flavoured with cocoa and kefir

Supper

Thai coconut chicken .5 of a cup

Mixed veg

Snacks

Cottage cheese .5 cup and half a grapefruit cut into it

Apples brie and pecans

Cals 820 prot 66 carbs 92

Probably will hv some chicken or turkey slices when I get home from work. I work 4pm to 12 midnight so my meals are not eaten in the same order or organized in the same way as day people.

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 12:46 pm

Rosie I have dumped on sugar, so I try to stay away,especially if I am away from home. The cheesecake factory used to have a sugar-free version of their cheesecake that was quite good.

Now that is my kind of breakfast.

Meggles07
on 8/20/18 8:02 am, edited 8/20/18 1:03 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I'm not going to bother with a menu today... I'm doing a phone detox as Keira is having a bit of trouble gaining weight so we are on a breastfeeding bootcamp. I probably won't be posting much until we get through that. DH has been making me lunch and dinner when he is home so I don't have anything planned.

Keira is otherwise awesome and sleeping much better since we started the new feeding schedule. She gets the hiccups daily which is pretty cute. She also loves looking at lights so we walk around past the windows which mesmerizes her.

QOTD: MIL brought a whole roasted chicken from her farm so DH had been doing different things. Last night we had BBQ quesadillas with cheese, corn, and jalepenos. We have also been doing chicken, tomato, and mayo sandwiches. I bought some ham, cheese, and milk so I can start getting more protein in my snacks. We will see how that goes :)

Post-op three years and five months.

Food tbd. All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 12:50 pm

Baby's hiccuping are so cute. I hope that the feeding goes well and little Keira (Thorbellina) puts on some more weight. No problem about posting. If you get a chance every now and then give us a quick post to let us know how you and the little nugget (your DH too) are doing.

kamac
on 8/20/18 11:03 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Hello! Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the weekend.

CC, sounds like you did great at the Mandarin. All you can eat buffets are the worst but so many people love them, it can be difficult to avoid them completely. Glad you had fun zooming around in your new car!

Newbie "well duh" epiphany of the day: I had chicken breast for the first time since surgery this weekend (shredded chicken made in the crock pot), and now I really get what "slider food" means, and the difference between sliders and dense protein.

All my protein sources until now have been sliders (shakes, yogurt, salami, prosciutto, cheese, pureed crab, pureed meat sauce, even those dastardly Quest bars).

Non-pureed chicken breast, even though it was very tender, moist, and shredded, was much more filling and felt more dense in my chest. And it kept me satiated for hours.

Accountability: all good

QOTD: If it's leftover cooked chicken, I like eating it sliced cold with avocado slices and a bit of blue cheese or chevre. If it's raw, well I'm a total crock pot convert now. I don't know many recipes yet, but the shredded chicken is easy and versatile- throw chicken breasts in the slow cooker with either broth, or some cream cheese & a sprinkle of ranch powder dressing. Cook 6-8 hours, then shred.

Food (doing an experiment today):

Morning: Protein shake with 2 cups decaf, 1 scoop egg white protein powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp salted butter, 2 tbsp whipping cream, SF Torani chocolate syrup

Afternoon: Protein shake (1 scoop egg white protein, water, crushed ice, SF Torani)

Evening: Protein shake (1 scoop egg white protein, water, crushed ice, SF Torani)

Calories: 682; Protein: 76.4g, Total Carbs: 3.9g; Fat: 35.6g

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 12:55 pm

Somebody's having a bulletproof coffee, ;). I love your ideas for the chicken. Everyone today has made me crave chicken and I was just about done with chicken. I would say your menu is a good ratio for what you are doing. The protein will help you heal right now. I was in Bulk Barn today and saw that they had MCT oil on sale.

kamac
on 8/20/18 2:22 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Curiosity got the better of me

Verdict? Delicious and satiating. Too satiating, because I've had no desire to eat all day. Getting my water in, but still haven't had my 2nd protein shake because I'm not hungry at all in any way and it's coming on 5pm.

So, not a good choice at this stage! But I might try eating a tbsp of coconut oil in the evenings, to see if it helps with my nighttime hunger pangs. Might not make a difference if it's just acid, but I figure it can't hurt.

If you're looking for more ideas for chicken, Pinterest is great for recipes. There's a lot of wls and low carb ideas on there.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics