RESPECT YOUR TRIGGERS!

lexxiblue
on 8/21/18 1:28 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

Maybe you let your son buy chips at the store yesterday. Or you have eaten at restaurants more often lately. Did you offer to bake something to bring to a party--something you know will trigger food cravings in you? Once on the road to recovery, you may feel that you can handle more temptations. Sometimes you can. And sometimes allowing your food triggers to creep back into your life is a recipe for disaster. Your triggers are a part of you and must be acknowledged and respected. Obesity is a deadly disease, and you have it, whether you are thin or heavy. It's time to gently tell yourself, "No." There are some foods you just can't be around safely. Staying away from a trigger food is a one-day-at-a-time challenge. But you can do it. Make an honest list of your trigger foods. Are any of them in your house? Ask a friend to help you get rid of them now. It will never get any easier. Not even after you've gained 10 pounds. So do it now.

linda11665
on 8/22/18 1:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada

After 7 years i still have triggers. Cookies!!! So I decided to make healthier versions of cookies. Still can't eat one. So I don't make them, I don't have them in my house. However, I cannot nor can it be possible to control where you go. I make sure when I go somewhere that I know will have my trigger food, I make sure I am not hungry, that I have eaten, and or I have a bottle of water in my hands, cause keeping my hands busy stop me from picking up something I know I cannot have.

I am lactose and celiac I know if I have someone else's cookies I will get sick. Still would not stop me from having one.

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
lexxiblue
on 8/23/18 5:45 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

Sounds like we're both in the same boat... but long as my trigger foods don't get in the house I'm ok.. but geee, somehow they still get in!!! Discovering I could tolerate sugar was the worst day of my life!! I prayed I'd have an RNY so I would dump with sugar... well, I dumped only twice in my 6+years... damn sugar!!!! My never ending battle!!

Most Active
Recent Topics