What are you eating/doing today/Thursday?

Ginnny
on 8/30/18 5:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Dang it, OH had a glitch and my post is gone.....try it again

Good morning Ontario Peeps! I had to drag myself out of bed this morning to get to the gym. I went to bed early last night and slept right till the alarm went off. Had it not been set I'm sure I would have slept longer. My motivation to move was an encounter I had at the mall last night. A lady stopped me and asked me where I got my dress from. When I told her it was just Old Navy she said "well you look spectacular in it." Yep get your butt moving. Also when I don't go to the gym I just ramble around the house reprimanding myself for wasting the morning by not going.

2 yrs 4 mos

B - 4 oz pot roast

S - 3.3 oz chicken, 200 gr watermelon (didn't eat this yesterday)

L - TBD - out with a friend and haven't decided where

S - deli turkey, cheese, dill pickles

D - pot roast, spaghetti sauce - not together just left overs of both!

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 8/30/18 7:08 am

Good morning Ginny and other lovely Ontario Peeps. Ginny that is excellent motivation. You could rock any dress.

It was a late night for DH and I. We went to a place with another couple where the table is a touchscreen and you order your food through the table and then you play games on the table. We played air hockey with the touchscreen. I suck, I scored on myself too many times, lol.

Today I am still not exercising because of my leg. It should be good to go by next week, but I hate not going to the gym or the pool.

Accountability: I was good, but my scale doesn't believe me today.

The eats today at 4 years post op are:

B. Gallons of decaf

L. Leftover wings from last night

D. Cobb salad with bacon, egg, chicken, avocado, spring mix, WF Honey Dijon dressing.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kamac
on 8/30/18 12:41 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

That restaurant sounds like fun, CC. I remember over 20 years ago, I was working as a waitress at a pretty nice restaurant and we got these new-fangled touch screens for us to punch in the orders. It was so new and cool at the time, lol.

Hope your leg is feeling better soon.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

staceycvd
on 8/30/18 11:40 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Breakfast: 1 cheestring and 1 protein drink(27g for 1 cup that I sip for 3 hours)

Lunch: 83g ricotta bake

Dinner: Likely chicken or something of that nature.

:)

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

kamac
on 8/30/18 12:29 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Afternoon menu peeps! Ginny that's awesome

I'm a bit under the weather today. Haven't been sleeping so well lately, and when I don't get enough sleep I tend to get sick. Nothing major though.

Had a NSV yesterday! I've got this go-to pair of jeans I wear a lot. A week or so ago, I noticed my reflection in the freezer section of the grocery store, and my jeans were looking baggy in the legs. I decided it was time to retire them. Then yesterday, the scale went up 0.5lbs. My reaction: "uh oh, better wear my old jeans today". It's not rational, but I honestly believed I wouldn't fit into anything else.

So I pulled on my old jeans and as soon as my hands let go, they slide right off me, all the way back down to the floor. I was so shocked! Lol. Only 3 months ago I'd still have days where they felt tight on my waist.

So I wore a newer pair yesterday. Not sure if they're the same size or one size smaller, but they're a much different cut and smaller fit. I remember trying them on about a month before surgery, and they were tight on my legs and I couldn't even pull them up over my hips, let alone do them up.

After I got home yesterday, I went to get changed. I easily slipped the newer jeans right off, without unbuttoning or unzipping them. So I think I need to retire those jeans, as well! Last thing I need right now is for my pants to fall down in the middle of Loblaws.

Accountability: All good, except I did eat an extra snack yesterday. Some cheese and Mt Olive sugar free Bread & Butter Pickles (which are zero calorie and delicious).

Food, at just over 7 weeks post-op: I need groceries, but I'm not feeling up to shopping today. So I'm finishing up with I have in the fridge: Greek yogurt, cheese, and protein shakes (incl. 2 tbsp whipping cream in my shake this morning).

Calories: 790; Protein: 95.8gr; Carbs: 12.3gr; Fat: 31.5gr.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

crqvingchange
on 8/31/18 3:51 am

What a great NSV. No, none of us need to go half naked in Loblaws. "But officer, you don't understand, it's not my fault, I lost weight" lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

VioletFemme
on 8/30/18 2:02 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

B- Breakfast sandwich (same as yesterday), plus my faux coffee with soy cream

L- bbq chicken leg + broccoli

S- Watermelon

D - bbq chicken leg + salad

Anyone find that they are super sensitive to the taste of sweets now? I ate some watermelon and it tasted super sweet (probably normal sweetness, but i feel more sensitive). It also spiked my blood sugar to 9.4 :( (it hasn't been above 7 for weeks). I guess I'll have to eat a super small portion if it some again. I guess I shouldn't see it as a snack, but more so a garnish for something like yogurt. Or maybe, a few months post surgery, when I weigh less, my insulin resistance will be lower?

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

crqvingchange
on 8/31/18 3:54 am

It might be better to work with the alchemy of food and combine fruit with a fat or protein to slow the absorption of sugars. Post surgery I dumped on watermelon and it was horrible. Never want to go there again. I also had some episodes of reactive hypoglycemia.

Most Active
Recent Topics