Anyone having surgery at Michael Garron hospital?

Beckylynn74
on 9/3/18 9:22 am

Hi there - I am not new to this site but this is my first post. I heard on Friday that I am having my surgeon appointment via Skype on September 12. I am so excited but a little nervous of knowing what to ask and go through the process. It feels a little strange to not go to the hospital until the actual day of surgery. Just wondering if anyone in here has had their surgery at Michael Garron hospital? Any feedback of your experience would be wonderful. My experience with the process for surgery has been pretty quick. It's the second time through the process for me - first time I got approved and then had to cancel. So this is uncharted territory for me so any advice/help I can get is really appreciated. Thanks!

Orientation - May 7/18 Nurse Consult - May 10/18 Nutrition Class - June 5/18 Dr Appt - June 19/18 Social Work - June 27/18 Social work F/U and Dietitian - Aug 2/18 Surgery Education Class - August 20/18 Meet the surgeon - Sept 12/18

Surgery - October 23/18!!

Greatmum41
on 9/3/18 9:51 am

I had surgery there on July 10 with Dr Aarts. She was fantastic at putting me at ease. She met me in the waiting room and we had a talk then we both walked into the surgical room together. The staff there are great as well. You are in good hands there.

Tuktu
on 9/3/18 11:45 am
RNY on 03/07/17

I had surgery at Michael Garron in March 2017 with Dr Jamie Cyriac. I had to have my surgeon appointment via Skype too. They took care of me and it was great. All the staff and support people were kind and helpful and you are definitely going to be taken good care of. Best of luck to you!!

sweetart
on 9/4/18 8:27 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

I had my surgery at Michael Garron in 2016 with Dr Aarts. They were great! Good luck to you!

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Most Active
Recent Topics