November surgery

wrkinprogress
on 9/7/18 9:00 am

Happy Friday all :)

As promised, I'm just updating those who are following similar timelines.

Wednesday I had my "meet the surgeon" teleconference which was actually Dr.Grantcharov's fellow and a medical student. They let me know I was an ideal candidate for surgery whether it ends up being RNY or VSG. He gave me the possible complications and percentages of each (super low) and asked about any prior surgeries, allergies to medications, and issues with anesthesia. He asked if I had any questions and I felt very comfortable leaving the session.

My surgery will be at St. Mikes Toronto with Dr.Grantcharov in November... day yet to be determined. (they said I will be called)

I have 4 weeks of Optifast to do before surgery,,,,so I bought 6 chocolate and 2 vanilla.

I go back October 1st for PAC - Pre Admin Consult

Question: I was given a bloodwork sheet but it doesn't say when this is supposed to be done. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be done before the PAC apt or closer to surgery.

Target date is in sight !

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 9/7/18 10:03 am

I would call your clinic to confirm when the blood work is due by. Typically they want it done before your next appointment.

*hugs to all*

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

jayjen789
on 9/7/18 10:33 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

What an exciting time! Good for you! I have read other threads where folk have done the bloodwork 2 weeks before the Pre Surgery Meeting. But Squishy is right, give the centre a quick shout.

Referral May 2018, Humber River (HRRH) Orientation June 2018...Surgery December 2018

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/18 12:09 pm - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

Yay! Congrats to you.

My meet the surgeon appointment was Wednesday with my PAC appointment the following Monday. I had to rush to get the blood work done. They do need it for your PAC appointment, but call to find out how close you need to be.

wrkinprogress
on 9/7/18 1:04 pm

Luckily I don't have to rush but just wondered if there is a window before the PAC appt. I'll just give them a quick call as everyone suggested.

Thanks all!

Chrissyq333
on 9/7/18 2:25 pm - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

I just got all my information today and they are saying that they need the information done by the PAC appointment. So I would get it done as soon as you can just to make sure they have it in time for October 1st. I am also having surgery at St Mikes, on November 5th, but with Dr. Rotstein.

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

kamac
on 9/7/18 6:48 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Exciting! It won't be long now.

I agree with the others, call to confirm about the blood work.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics