What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 9/19/18 4:30 am

Happy Hump Day everyone. Yesterday was a busy day, but I did get quite a bit done. My doctor was pleased with my results, and said to keep up with the iron supplements and try to eat more iron rich foods, sigh.

Today I'm going swimming, then yoga, and then errands and the gym. Tonight we are going out for dinner with another couple, so I am not sure what I am going to have. Their website refuses to list a menu because they say their chef is fussy and won't do it.

Accountability: There was a half a cup of Halo Top Pumpkin Pie icecream after we had a visit with my MIL. 'Nuff said.

Question of the Day: Back to the Thanksgiving theme (this will continue until I get question suggestions or Thanksgiving, whichever comes first, lol). Right now I am grateful for the less humid weather. DH and I drove to Cambridge last night with the top down and it was wonderful. Oh and I'm grateful for a wonderful DH.

4 years post-op, the eats today are:

B. Rivers of decaf with Stevia

L. Portobello mushroom, stuffed with spicy salami, peppers, cheese, baked in the microwave.

D. Not sure. I will try to do protein first, but I am bringing a snack with me in case this fussy chef doesn't believe in non-carb laden dishes. Meat stick is in my purse. This is a work dinner for DH, or I would have had some say in the restaurant choice.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 9/19/18 5:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC. Well I slept much better last night so back in the saddle this morning. I did 20 kms on the recumbent bike in 52-1/2 mins. I just covered up the screen and kept on cycling. Rubber legs and tired eyes now but think my eyes are from the water in the shower. I live in the country so I have well water, I find the treated water makes my eyes really red.

I think I have a pretty good Post Op meal plan for today.....2 years 5 mos out

B - 2 scrambled eggs, smattering of onions/red peppers, slice of cheese, 2 strips of bacon (might not get through all the eggs)

S - Lite and Fit yogurt

L - shepperds pie

S - 4 deli turkey slices, 3 ****tail tomatos

D - bacon wrapped filet mignon (if the farm stand had corn on my way home I will stop for some otherwise I may do up a small salad OR best yet, just eat the MEAT!!)

Total Cal 965, Protein 101, Carbs 31

Have an awesome day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 9/19/18 11:17 am

Do you have a chlorinator on your well? Is your well water hard? Inquiring minds need to know, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 9/19/18 11:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

No chlorinator and no water softener. Our water is hard! Tough to keep the whites white in the laundry and the bathtub sparkly LOL.

My hair dresser noticed a huge difference in my hair once I joined the gym. The majority of my showers are there so it really helped with my locks!!

I did a 5.8 km walk at lunch....now I'm tired, hungry (just ate my lunch) and want to eat stuff I know I shouldn't (Le Sigh) and of course I have a drawer full of all "that sorta stuff" right behind me. Clearly I enjoy torturing myself, first with the exercise and then with the temptations.

wrkinprogress
on 9/19/18 1:56 pm

Rust Out works for whites in the laundry. (Can't remember where I used to buy it, possibly Home Hardware) I have had well water since I was a kid and still do at my current house. Luckily there isn't much rust in the water where I live now but it can be a pain for sure.

Meggles07
on 9/19/18 7:12 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Yesterday we had our last midwife appointment. Miss K has gained almost two pounds over her birth weight so we are now well on our way :)

Today we are going to the OB for our follow up appointment. We may go grocery shopping after depending on how we are doing.

QOTD: today I'm thankful for our puppies. They are just too cute and sweet. They come to check on us. Hopefully now that the weather is cooling off we can try going for walks together.

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and cheerios

That's all I've got so far.

Lots and lots of water and my vitamins.

crqvingchange
on 9/19/18 4:17 am

Thorbellina is bulking up nicely. Chubby cheeks here we come. She is so precious.

Mellywog
on 9/19/18 7:43 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Restaurant sounds fancy.. What is it called? Lets us know tomorrow what it was like.

crqvingchange
on 9/19/18 11:20 am

It is called Arabella Park and is new. This is what their website says about the menu, lol. I'll let you know how fancy it is tomorrow.

http://www.arabellaparkbar.com/#menu

Ginnny
on 9/19/18 11:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

The BOBB salad looks like an okay choice!

Most Active
Recent Topics