It's time!!!

Mallory
on 9/24/18 3:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

It's that time again ladies!!!

November 4, 2018. 1pm to 5 pm.

East York Community Recreational Centre 1081 1/2 Pape Avenue, Toronto, ON, Toronto, Ontario M4K 3W8

Anything not claimed will be donated to a local charity. Open to all ladies wishing to exchange clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, books, etc...

Water will be provided. Feel free to bring healthy snacks to share, if you wish.

Please remember that this is an adult event where ladies will be trying on clothes. As such, I must insist that children, pets and husbands be left at home.

We have had great turnouts at previous exchanges. Nobody goes home empty-handed and we always donate many bags of clothing to a local charity!

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone needing my cellular number, PM me.

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Mallory
on 9/24/18 3:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Clothing/Book Exchange Event Synopsis
The clothing exchange is a bi-annual event held in May and November for women of all ages and sizes. Comprised mainly out of the plus-sized and weight loss surgery (WLS) communities, the clothing exchange enables larger women to meet and trade/donate items, thereby helping to offset the need to purchase new clothing, especially for those whom have had WLS and are losing weight rapidly.
As plus-size clothing tends to be more expensive, this twice yearly event gives larger women the opportunity to:
a) Recycle clothing that is no longer required or desired,
b) Obtain newer items to update current wardrobe, without the pressure of salespeople,
c) Provide a charitable service to the community by donating unclaimed items at the end of the event,
d) Meet like-minded women and engage in companionship without distractions from regular day to day life.
The Fall 2011 event was the first to incorporate book exchanging as well. Previously a separate event, it was determined that the same communities could meet to exchange books and literature at the same time.
While the event is listed as an "exchange", in actually, there is no onus on anyone to bring clothing or books to "trade". Unlike a true exchange where an item is swapped for another like item, this event focuses more on the 3 R's of a green planet philosophy.
This event has always been free to participants. Water and coffee, if available, is provided and sometimes light refreshments. Participants are welcome to bring healthy snacks to share if they wish, but again, there is no onus on anyone.
This event is alcohol and drug-free. Women are asked to leave children, pets and husbands at home (with the exception of helping drop off or pick up bags) to enable privacy for the women who wish to try on clothing. Women are also asked to only bring CLEAN ITEMS IN GOOD REPAIR.
Past events have proven to be well attended with the average number being around 20 women. This event was held annually but has since grown to bi-annually due to demand. Past donations have ranged from 3 to 32 large bags of clothing at the completion of event.

Mallory
on 9/26/18 9:10 am - Toronto, Canada

The room has been confirmed The exchange will be in Room C. Also known as the games room.

Mallory
on 10/19/18 3:33 pm - Toronto, Canada

Mallory
on 10/26/18 6:00 am - Toronto, Canada

Just a reminder for you ladies whilst you sort your clothes. If it's badly stained or in disrepair, please don't bring it. Key thought: If you wouldn't wear it due to condition, don't foist it off on others. Items left behind get donated to charity and we'd like to give items that still have wear in them, not rags. Thanks in advance!!!

Mallory
on 10/26/18 11:36 am - Toronto, Canada

FYI: If you have a few (no more than 5) items that you want to put up for sale, we do set aside a small seller's area. Tag your items so ladies know who to bargain with.

Mallory
on 11/3/18 12:28 pm - Toronto, Canada

1 more sleep!!!

Mallory
on 11/4/18 6:14 am - Toronto, Canada

Mallory
on 11/4/18 2:37 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thank you to all the ladies who came out, donated and helped out today. We donated 7 double sized garbage bags to charity!!! Was great to see the familiar faces and meet the newer faces!!! SAVE THE DATE FOR THE NEXT EXCHANGE: MAY 26, 2019 LOCATION: TBD.

Most Active
Recent Topics