What are you eating/doing this Monday?

crqvingchange
on 10/1/18 7:35 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. Late start for me today. Went out with friends last night and decided to have a sleep in.

The weekend was wonderful. Some drives around with the top down on Saturday and yesterday was gym and then a fun night out.

Today I have lots of calls and errands and hoping to get to the gym this afternoon.

Accountability: On plan

Question fo the Day: On the countdown to Thanksgiving. Do you have your plans set for the weekend? I am about 60% set, but I need to get my butt in gear.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with Pumpkin Spice sweetener

L. Steaming bowl of sausage and peppers soup

D. Roast beef with a little gravy and mashed cauliflower

S. Maybe a protein shake after the gym.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/1/18 10:26 am - Canada

Good afternoon :)

I came here to write my post, got distracted, and just remembered I didn't finish. I had a doctor's appointment this morning -- this doctor doesn't think I have a thyroid issue, but I want to see what happens if we continue the meds and get my levels up a bit because if it is a thyroid issue I will start feeling better (fatigue, weight gain, depression, oh my).

Yesterday we took Keira to our friends house. Their cat was absolutely fascinated with the little nugget. Also, he snuggled up against me while I was nursing her. My friend was a little jealous but I told her it's probably either because of my smell (from hormones) or the fact that I'm super warm (having hot flashes).

QOTD: we are going to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving and they were super sweet and asked me to bring things I can easily get premade at the store -- buns and beverages ;) We may go to my BIL's house one day but that isn't finalized so we will just keep our days open.

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - lactation cookies (they are disgustingly bitter so they had better work)

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - leftover egg and sausage sandwich

Snack - beef and salad

Dinner... Oops. I didn't defrost anything. I will have to think on it.

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 10/1/18 10:39 am

Let's hope that the thyroid pills help. Has he said anything about post-par-tum hormone fluctuations?

The cat was probably there for the heat AND the smell. They love babies.

Never heard of lactation cookies, what's in them? Not that I want to start lactating, lol.

It's sweet that your Aunt is making things easy for you. Take lots of pictures of the Little Nugget for her first Thanksgiving. If they have a turkey, take a pic of her beside the turkey so she can see how little and cute she once was.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/1/18 10:45 am - Canada

I didn't think to ask about other hormone fluctuations... The OB had said I would probably have them until we stop nursing. I have terrible baby brain lol

The lactation cookies have mainly brewers yeast, ground flax, oatmeal, and cinnamon. The brewer's yeast is mainly what is supposed to help. I will try all the things!! ;) But they are so very bitter... I tease DH that if he eats them he can help me breastfeed.

I should bring her pumpkin costume and show her off... I don't know if they will do a whole turkey. More people in our family like dark meat so they started skipping the whole bird and getting just legs and drumsticks. Maybe I could curl her up in a pie plate and she can be the pumpkin pie.

crqvingchange
on 10/1/18 10:57 am

Apart from the Brewers yeast (I don't think I have ever tried that) the other ingredients sound yummy. I wonder if you could make some with sweetener if the cookies work? I use nutritional yeast sprinkled on salads and other dishes to get in my B vitamins. It tastes a little like cheese.

Meggles07
on 10/1/18 1:33 pm - Canada

I will definitely add some type of sweetener next time to make them sweeter. I'm wondering if a bit more salt or something would help with the bitter taste as well. I will have to look into the nutritional yeast :)

Most Active
Recent Topics