Hey there

Mr. Incredible
on 10/2/18 11:55 am - Canada

Well, it's been awhile - I'm thinking 6-7 years since I've been on here. It's great to see people still use this service- and by the few post's I've read- it's great people still help each other on here.

My one piece of advice is surgery is a tool, not the complete solution. A lot of it is mental, you need to be able to get your head around the new you. You need to accept the fact that 3 full pizza's a week is still possible (eventually) and is still NOT the answer. Lean on your friends/family and those on here.

One of the biggest problems for me was, well - accepting who I was becoming. Meaning I felt very uncomfortable walking into a bar and having women look at me.... strange but true. Having women run from me in a bar was a little more comfortable (joking). Be careful of the players - don't accept second best because it's what you have always accepted.

PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 3:49 am

Good to see you posting. Great advice. Stick around, we can always use more help from vets.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Lucile777
on 10/3/18 10:35 am
Mr. Incredible
on 10/3/18 11:52 am - Canada

Not good. Someone needs a spanking!

PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

wrkinprogress
on 10/4/18 12:13 pm

Great advice,,,,, I never really thought of the social aspect like that but will keep that in mind.

The people here are great and very helpful to newbies like myself!

jjbright87
on 11/9/18 10:00 am

Such a good piece of information!!

No one talks about this..

In the past I lost 100lbs through diet and exercise, men check out, flirt, hold doors open, kind acts in general.

Women treated me differently too, smiled when passing, more respectful/engaging.

More people wanted to hang out with me, have me around in general.

It is a mind f*ck!! (Excuse the term) I found myself very resentful of all the kindness and consideration from strangers, co workers, my child's school. Even family and friends can treat you differently.

Now that I'm at my heaviest, I have this constant simmering anger at being "invisible" again, being treated perfunctory by people again. Society reacts very differently to average vs. obese.

While it's nice to be a part of the real world (what it felt like) it can often stir up more negative than positive within yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics