What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 4:18 am

Good morning Menu Peeps, Happy Hump Day. DH is working from home again today, but is feeling a little better. I would hate to see him sick for Thanksgiving.

This morning I'm going swimming and then to yoga. The rest of the day is errands and calls.

Accountability: Could have been better, I added in a couple of unplanned snacks in the evening.

Question of the Day: As Thanksgiving is this weekend, what are you most thankful for about your WLS? For me, I am glad that so far I have not had any major complications, and mostly that I am able to be active and participate in life instead of watching everything from the sidelines.

The eats today at 4 years post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf and maybe a latte after yoga (SF)

L. Thai soup with all the veggies and shrimp

D. Avocado toast (1/2 of a LC bun) avocado, fried egg on top, drizzle of olive oil. Small side salad of spring mix, sliced pear, Brie, and toasted pecans, WF Honey/Dijon dressing.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 10/3/18 5:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC and all the menu makers! What have I missed while I've been MIA? Last week I was at conference from Wednesday until Friday, and then my Trucker and friend picked me in Waterloo and we headed north to Restoule to do some four wheelin'. Lotsa mud up there! Super fun weekend. Was back at work yesterday to go through a hundred emails.

Back at the gym this morning, but was still so tired was a struggle to go. Why is that someone who never goes to the gym has no problem reminding someone who usually does when the last time they went was.

Anyway, going through the cycle again of tired of planning and thinking of what to make for meals. It really does never end.

2 years 5 mos

B - 1 egg, 3 strips of bacon

S - oikos key lime

L - flat out wrap sandwich with turkey, lettuce, onion, cheese, mustard

S - 2.6 oz left over beer can chicken, cucumbers

D - sausage

S - 1/2 honey crisp apple with 1 tbsp PB

Total Cal 1222, Protein 84, carbs 62

Have a great day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 10:38 am

The struggle is real and it is daily.

So here's what happened while you've been away:

Corrie is in Vancouver counting sea lions (I think that's what he said)

Meg got into a bar fight and broke some guys kneecap (I think that is what she said)

Monica has started a chili making cult and won't let me join ()

I believe Kara is in jail because I haven't heard from her in a bit.

If I am wrong on any of these things, I'm sure I will be corrected.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 10/3/18 10:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Damn see what you miss when you go away??

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 10/3/18 11:23 am - Canada

CC is close... But it was a cheek bone, not a kneecap ;)

I also saved an old horse who almost got run over by a runaway baby carriage... Wait, I think I have that wrong ;)

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 11:26 am

And this is why I am grateful for you guys.

Monica9811
on 10/3/18 3:10 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I'm actually joining that cult in a week. Going to join turkey pot pies this weekend then will move on to spaghetti meatballs and chili next week

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 5:49 pm

Monica you just gave me an idea, Turkey a la king. I love that stuff and it would be WLS friendly without the vol a vent. You have the best cults.

Meggles07
on 10/3/18 7:00 am - Canada

Good morning :)

No fixed plans today but we might try to run a few errands. Puppy 2 has been having accidents in our room and I don't know why. It's making for a lot of cleaning and laundry. I'm going to pick up some piddle pads and see if he will use those.

QOTD: Besides being able to move and do more things, I'm most thankful for one little nugget who might not have been possible. I had a ton of hormonal issues and would have had a heck of a time getting pregnant before surgery. I still can't believe she is ours ;)

Post-op three years and six months.

Breakfast - lactation cookies

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - leftover chicken sandwich

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - pork chops

Snack - pudding

Lots and lots of water!!

crqvingchange
on 10/3/18 10:40 am

She is the best reason to be thankful.

I just told Ginny something you did while she was away, see above.

Most Active
Recent Topics