What are you eating/doing this Friday (Thanksgiving weekend)

crqvingchange
on 10/5/18 4:01 am

Good morning Menu Manipulating Marvels. Welcome to your wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend. Be happy, be thankful, be mindful, be cautious. You don't want to end up on Tuesday with a gain that will take forever to get rid of . Enjoy a taste here and there but you don't need to clean your plate. Use your tool this weekend. Be happy to be with family and friends.

Today I am going swimming, and then whatever I want. No paperwork, no errands, no chores, this is going to be a me day.

Accountability: Nope, there was another late night snack. I had a chicken drumstick.

Question of the Day: No question today. Told you it's a me day. Just want to thank all of you for keeping this thread going. I have had messages from newbies who say they always read it and it helps. You guys are the best.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with pumpkin caramel sweetener and maybe a splash of cream

L. Burrata cheese ball on top of sliced tomatoes, shredded basil, olive oil and a small drizzle of Balsamic, truffle pesto (bought this 2 weekends ago and it is so good, you only need a tiny amount)

D. DH and I are going out for dinner and to listen to live music. It will be protein first and veg or salad.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. If there is drama remember your yoga breathing and don't engage.

See everyone Tuesday.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 10/5/18 6:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning CC. And THANK YOU for always being here to get things going or continuing! I hope you have a wonderful me day and exceptional Thanksgiving.

Today is a ME day to. It's my birthday, so I gave myself the day off at the gym. Had my coffee on the couch with one of my "girls". Chloe just loves to snuggle. Caught up on one of my shows (I have so many). If I was home this weekend with the anticipated rain I would be on the couch with the girls catching up on the dozen shows I have recorded. Instead we are going camping at the Elora Gorge. Just the four of us. Lots of trail walks and bonfires. So no turkey for me! Well not the roasted kind anyway, I'm sure there will be deli turkey.

I only planned my breakfast this morning which was 2 eggs with cheese. I have some errands to do at lunch for camping and will pick up something when I'm out. I do have a yogurt for snack, and then we will be driving at dinner so maybe a protein bar or something.

I did make a cherry and raspberry cheesecake (large base, then half and half for fruit - not mixed together) for the office gang so I might have a small piece of that.

Have a great weekend everybody. See you back here on Tuesday!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

wrkinprogress
on 10/5/18 1:14 pm

Happy Birthday Ginny!!

Have a great weekend with the family,,,, sometimes just 4 of you can be so much nicer than a whole big get together.

Thanks to all of you veterans who do this thread. It's always a pleasure to read. :)

crqvingchange
on 10/5/18 1:28 pm

Happy Birthday Ginny!!!!!!! Love Elora Gorge. My girlfriend made me climb the gorge in high heels many years ago. There might have been wine involved.

Box Social next to the Brewery Restaurant does a wonderful breakfast.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/5/18 6:43 am - Canada

Good morning :)

CC thank you for getting this thread going each day!! I feel like I would be way off the rails if I didn't have this forum to keep me motivated :)

Not much planned today. I have to pick up some drinks for Sunday -- part of my contribution lol. No more lactation cookies for me... Too many extra calories for sure. Thankfully (ironically) I'm not a huge fan of the Thanksgiving menu so I don't worry too much about over-indulging.

QOTD: enjoy your me day CC.

Post-op three years and seven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - pear and PB

Lunch - tbd

Snack - turkey pepperettes

Dinner - pulled pork

Snack - pudding

Lots and lots of water.

crqvingchange
on 10/5/18 1:32 pm

We all keep this thread going. Don't forget that Ginny started it while I was away last year, and always jumps in when I need to have a sleep in. We are a team. We are team awesome, don't mess with us, lol.

staceycvd
on 10/5/18 7:13 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

B- Eggs and cheese. And for some reason, even though I have it almost every day, I threw up so much. Boo.

L- We have a going away lunch for a coworker- at a buffet. I will stick to small easy to digest things.

D- No clue! we have an occupational therapy appointment for my 3 year old autistic boy from 4:30-6. Anyone wanna cook for me?

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

crqvingchange
on 10/5/18 1:37 pm

Stacey, the truth is that sometimes eggs don't work with newbies. It can be that they were too dry, or just that you are still healing. The only eggs I could eat after a couple of months were poached with a little Hollandaise (just enough to help them slide down).

If you have been having trouble keeping things down, take it easy with your pouch today. Might be a good idea to drink fluids (protein shake for the rest of the day while things settle). I don't want you feeling ill for the weekend.

You are doing great, and I know that all of this is a learning curve, but you will be a pro in no time.

Most Active
Recent Topics