Ideas needed!

Chrissyq333
on 10/5/18 5:28 am, edited 10/5/18 5:32 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

So I am allergic to optifast and the dietitian came up with a diet (called a modified protein sparing diet). Below are the things I will be eating, everyday for 3 weeks, I almost wi**** was optifast because then I wouldn't have so much variety! I need some meal ideas. Obviously with the restrictions below. Anyone else have to do the diet rather than the optifast? I was thinking about salmon for lunch and a chicken breast or turkey for dinner.

Please note I am allergic to sucralose, asperthame and eggs, so sugar-free jello and crystal light amd most other "diet" things are out of the question unless it is made with stevia, erithitol and munkfruit sweetners.

*Ensure 8 cups of low sugar, low calorie liquids each day such as: Water, crystal light or diet crystals, broth, diet jello, diet popsicles, ice chips and decaf tea.

Breakfast: High protein Boost (made with stevia and sugar) (this was originally egg whites and toast but I'm allergic to eggs)

Morning Snack: Cucumber

Lunch: 3 oz (90g) lean protein, such as skinless chicken breast or fish (baked, grilled or poached) * 1 cup (250ml) romaine lettuce salad with 1 tsp (5 ml) calorie-reduced salad dressing

Afternoon snack:½ cup (100g) Greek-style low-fat, low sugar yogurt (more protein then regular yogurt)

Dinner: 6 oz (180g) lean protein, such as turkey/chicken breast or fish (baked, grilled or poached on own?no sauces) * ½ cup noodles or potato or 1/3 cup rice * 1 cup (250 ml) spinach salad with 1 tsp (5 ml) calorie-reduced dressing

Evening Snack: 4 tbsp of 1% cottage cheese and 6 soda crackers or 1 oz of lean meat and 6 soda crackers

For Vegetable Portions: For variety, you may replace vegetables above with any of the following: Cauliflower, Cucumber, Spinach, Cabbage, Lettuce, Celery, Broccoli, Green peppers

Tell me your ideas! I would love to be able to make meals ahead also, I know a lot of things are straight forward, but I'm just seeing if anyone else can come up with some fun ideas!

Thank you!

Chrissy

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

MichelleS61
on 10/5/18 7:11 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Good luck I know the Optifast made it easy for me even if it was way too sweet.

Looking at your list a couple suggestions I can think of are the Oikos Triple Zero yogurt it doesn't have artificial sweeteners, comes in triple berry, lemon and I think vanilla. Also since you're only allowed 1 tsp of calorie reduced dressing a good one might be the fat free italian dressing from Kraft it has zero calories so you can use a bit more or in combination with something else (Weigh****chers trick) and as far as I can see no artificial sweeteners.

I cook up a number of grilled chicken breast on BBQ to use in salads for lunch, flavoured with Montreal Chicken Spice, package in little bags and put in the freezer, they'll defrost by the time lunch rolls around.

In the early days I used to poach fish in a parchment paper envelope in the oven with a few spices, super moist and considering I don't like fish usually it was pretty good. Do shrimp qualify as lean fish? they're easy to have cooked and in the freezer too, but stay away from the imitation Crab or Lobster as they somehow add carbs in the making process (as I discovered after buying a multi pack at Costco).

This is all training for food prep afterwards, not easy but you can do it.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Chrissyq333
on 10/5/18 8:00 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

Thank you for the suggestions! I appreciate and these are great ideas! I already meal prep as it is, but it's stuff that is not on my list of course lol.

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

MichelleS61
on 10/5/18 9:09 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Just noticed your ticker, referral to surgery is really fast, it took me so much longer, but at least by the time it rolled around I really new it was what I wanted.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Chrissyq333
on 10/5/18 11:33 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

Yes, its about the average time at our center here in Sudbury as long as there is no delays due to testing. I was expecting about a year, and got a bit below that, so that was nice.

Most Active
Recent Topics