Guilt/ Concern?

TBeat
on 10/11/18 9:45 am

I am 2 weeks post op yesterday. I have been following my programs nutrition plan as well as making sure I am drinking my water- but i feel like i'm seeing so many other people online who are still only on fluids 2 weeks out. Or that they are losing so much more weight where I have now not lost anything in about a week. I don't want to waste this tool i've been given and am feeling like i'm doing it wrong. i'm hesitant to call the nursing / dietician because i don't want them to be like. she's doing it all wrong 2 weeks out. not that they would. anyway. i'm just feeling blah

Referred 09/19/2017, Surgery 09/26/2018! SW 246.6 M1-

Ginnny
on 10/11/18 11:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

You can't compare yourself to others. Everyone loses at a different rate and everyone enters stall periods at different times. The 3 week stall is real. Maybe you're just seeing it at two weeks. What is your caloric intake? How many grams of protein, how much water?

If you're doing everything they told you to, you will just need to stick with it. The weight will come off.

The best advice I can give is, if you haven't already done so, take your measurements. I did mine monthly on the anniversary of my surgery. Even when the scale doesn't move you will be losing inches. I also took pictures in the same clothes every month - a full 360 view.

Hang in there!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Tuktu
on 10/11/18 12:38 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Don't beat yourself up! You really can't compare yourself. I know I was doing the same thing and wondering why I was stuck for weeks on end at the same weight. Just stick with the program and keep doing what you are doing and you will see results! I was stuck for a long time at the beginning (maybe 2 months out) and then lost a ton one week! You aren't wasting the tool, just be patient and you will see results! I guarantee it!!

Call your doctor/dietician and explain what you are doing - maybe they will make suggestions for you that will help. You got this!!!

SweetRide1
on 10/11/18 6:08 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Hang in there. I was disappointed early on but I just stuck with it. I thought maybe I was eating too many calories but I was where they wanted me to be. It will move. It moved for me. Your body is experiencing some major shock right now. It needs time to adjust.

The worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others. We all lose differently and at different rates.

Take a deep breath and relax. You're not wasting anything.

You will lose. :)

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

BattlecryForever
on 10/11/18 8:19 pm
On October 11, 2018 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, TBeat wrote:

I am 2 weeks post op yesterday. I have been following my programs nutrition plan as well as making sure I am drinking my water- but i feel like i'm seeing so many other people online who are still only on fluids 2 weeks out. Or that they are losing so much more weight where I have now not lost anything in about a week. I don't want to waste this tool i've been given and am feeling like i'm doing it wrong. i'm hesitant to call the nursing / dietician because i don't want them to be like. she's doing it all wrong 2 weeks out. not that they would. anyway. i'm just feeling blah

I'm 4 weeks out and have got discouraged that I haven't lost the huge amount in the first month that others did. Also, on week 2, I didn't lose much, but it will come off!! If you're following the plan, you're not wasting the tool. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics