Recent Posts

SweetRide1
on 6/18/18 10:39 am
RNY on 01/16/18
Topic: Cleo/Ricki's BIG Sale on Now!

I just popped into the Ricki's/Cleo combo store close to work and found they have a huge sale on right now. Pretty much everything 30% off. I bought 3 pairs of pants and 3 tops (2 pairs of pants were 50% off and cost $20.00 each) for $131.00 tax in.

Prior to WLS 1 pair of pants would have cost me that alone.

Great casual and work clothes and extremely good prices.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

corriev
on 6/18/18 8:46 am
VSG on 03/06/18
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing this Monday?

QOTD - Nope.. Dont, dont want one :-) I will mow and weed wack, but planting - Nope .. Its odd though cause growing up we used to farm, but we used a tractor..

What an amazing weekend eh - had a super fun time at Belwood quarry with the kids and family.. we were supposed to go for an hour or two, and spent 8 hours there yesterday... I did cheat - but only a little bit... i had a few pop corn , the ones that have caramel on them..

on a side note - i have almost ( so close by a few pounds) hit the 100LB mark. gonna be awesome when i see the scale dropping below a century.

my meal for today.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Tuna in water, Cottage cheese, and half Avo

S - poached egg

D - Poached chicken with Cottage cheese

S - slice of roast beef

All Vits and water

MFP says,

Cal - 756

Carb - 27

fat - 14

Protein - 137

Meggles07
on 6/18/18 5:32 am - Canada
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing this Monday?

Good morning :)

CC, I think I missed posting on Friday because I got up and got caught up doing things and had to run out to do a few errands. Then I met DH for our lunch date :)

Last night I had a brain fart -- I have to go for fasting blood work this morning and I ate a midnight snack. So now I'm killing time to at least hit 8 hours. I will take a snack with me to eat as soon as I'm done. Then I will be hibernating for the rest of the day. We were out yesterday visiting family that don't really have AC, so I melted a bit. Will drink lots of water today!!

QOTD: I love gardening but my thumb is not very green. We got three strawberries from our plants last week and something has eaten everything else. We should have raspberries soon. And the tomatoes and basil are doing well. We only have one raised box and a couple pots as the dogs roam that area.

Post-op three years and three months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt

Lunch - leftover pork

Snack - PB wrap

Dinner - leftover pork

Snack - wedding cake (yesterday was our one year anniversary)

All water and vits.

SweetRide1
on 6/18/18 3:56 am
RNY on 01/16/18
Topic: RE: Pay it forward with cpap

Brilliant Idea!

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

crqvingchange
on 6/18/18 3:56 am
Topic: What are you eating/doing this Monday?

Good morning Menu Peeps. I hope everyone had a great weekend. DH has been renovating the bathroom, so we stayed home most of the weekend.

Meg we missed you on Friday, hope everything's alright.

Today I'm going swimming then hitting the gym. There will be a few errands, but today is going to be an easy-going day.

Accountability: All good and on plan

Question of the day: Do you have a green thumb? This year I finally have some successes in the garden because we have fewer bunnies.

The eats today at 3 years 11 months:

B. Rivers of decaf throughout the day with cream and sweetener.

S. Iced protein coffee at the gym

B2. smoked salmon and whipped cream cheese and chives rollups. Might sprinkle some Everything But the Bagel spice on them

L. Costco rotisserie chicken salad

S2. Salted caramel smooth cottage cheese

D. Salmon burger with a poached egg on top and a little Hollandaise

S3 Burnbrae egg patty on a Smartbun with Havarti cheese

Totals: 1010, carbs 37, fibre 12, fat 56, protein 101

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 6/18/18 3:05 am - Peterborough, Canada
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing Friday?

Hope you had a fun weekend ladies. I just got home from NB. How much sugar was in that bar? Just curious.

crqvingchange
on 6/17/18 7:13 pm
Topic: RE: Optifast day 4

It also sounds like you are going into ketosis. Flu like symptoms are a sign of this. Try using a netty pot and ask if you can take antihistamines.

I had and have read on here where people think they are getting sick right before surgery. I was afraid my surgery would be cancelled. Now I think it was just ketosis and flu-like symptoms from the Opti. Do you have your last shake before bed? You can add less water and make it more of a pudding and it may help with bedtime hunger. Soon you won't be hungry. It usually starts after day 5 that hunger starts to dissipate.

You've got this.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

crqvingchange
on 6/17/18 7:05 pm
Topic: RE: Pay it forward with cpap

Fabulous way to pay it forward.

Smoka
on 6/17/18 2:01 pm
RNY on 09/12/17
Topic: RE: Progress Pictures

Fantastic! It feels great right?

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW145

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs

Lucile777
on 6/17/18 1:34 pm
Topic: RE: Gallbladder removed and I'm home

Hi, I had RNY on August 27th 2017. On April 27th 2018 (6 month surgiversry) I was hospitalized for ulcers. June 12th I had my gallbladder removed. I do think I was having gallbladder attacks for a long time because of the lower right back pain I had been having. I feel really down and discouraged right now. If it weren't for this surgery I wouldn't be having all these problems right now. I must admit that I regret having this surgery. I'd rather be fat and have my health back and my system in tact than deal with this nightmare. Being skinny isn't so great. Sounds counterintuitive but I had no ailments prior to this surgery. Was just fat. I have so much disgusting skin on my body. Now with my gallbladder removed every time I eat something I feel horrible sharp pains in my lower back. My husband doesn't understand what I'm going through and it feels so depressing.

Recent Topics
Pay it forward with cpap
Harpediem · 3 replies · 76 views
Optifast day 4
kamac · 2 replies · 58 views
Clothes Exchange?
jenkh · 2 replies · 82 views