Recent Posts

lexxiblue
on 12/27/23 4:15 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

HI Pat!!!

Great to hear from you ... another "golden oldie"... yes it is sad this site is so inactive but i think facebook is the winner here!!! Times change... i'm still hanging onto the olden days!!! Depression sucks... maintenance is even harder.... and especially when there isn't any more contact with the bariatric clinic or follow-ups... the weight is slowly coming off... finally but my own doing of course... back to basics and walking!!! and depression.. well... meditation is working for me... and staying busy.. and of course, water water water... but then... i visit the "loo" at lot more which has been interrupting my sleep... just can't win... .. take care of you and happy new year!

Lexi (Deb)

lexxiblue
on 12/27/23 4:09 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
Topic: RE: Spring 2024 Clothing Exchange!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!

Hey Mallory

Great to see you're still have clothing exchanges!!!! and also great to see a familiar name!!! I used to "live" on this site prior to and during surgery and a bit shortly after... then boom... slowly drifted away... sad... i miss the "Oldies"... i'll have to pop in again to see what's happening.. and ya never know.. one of these exchanges i just might show up!!

take care of you and happy new year!!

Lexi (Deb)

Patm
on 12/26/23 9:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

Hi Lexi, I have also not been on here for awhile. Kind of sad to see it be so inactive. I think a lot of us struggle with re-gain at some time. I also suffer from depression. I am trying to stop eating to deal with it.

Patm
on 12/26/23 9:17 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Topic: RE: 17 years.

Thanks for posting Dawn. I have also had some challenges and find myself up 25 lbs. I was starting to have some problems with weight then covid hit. I think I ate my way through it.

Last year , I had pneumonia fr 10 months. I have been trying to finally get moving more. At 72 I do not bounce back very fast. Not being active made my arthritis worse so some days it is hard to be motivated. Unfortunately the pneumonia attacked my pancreas and I am now insulin dependent diabetic. This has been an adjustment. Learning to level out my highs and lows.

This January I will be 12 years out and also need to get back to basics. I do not want it to be a New Year resolution. I have failed too many of those. So maybe a surgerversary re-start.

HillgroveCS
on 12/21/23 9:54 am, edited 12/26/23 1:32 am
Topic: RE: Life is Like a Book...

Each academic and life chapter serves as a page in this unpredictable book, filled with a variety of knowledge and experiences. Education is crucial in our time, so I want to recommend a unique service, described on https://www.smorescience.com/the-importance-of-academic-inte grity-in-education/ where you can find example of 250 word essay and helpful tips on writing. This online resource has become my main assistant in studying. Today, as I pursue a second education, such services help me handle academic assignments and enhance my skills in essay writing.

Megan Hargreaves
on 12/14/23 7:39 am

Awesome quote! I hadn't come across it before, but it reminds me of something similar I found by Shakespeare while I was penning down an essay about his works. I used this cool study resource to gather more helpful insights; they're always there to give help for students. "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women are merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts." This thought-provoking quote touches on different topics: our entire life is a play, a play we helm; everyone has their own unique role, and these roles aren't just black and white. Plus, it's fascinating how we barely realize the profound difference we can make in someone's life.

Milvian
on 12/14/23 2:18 am

I wholeheartedly appreciate the concept of "Repair Classes" as they empower individuals with valuable skills to fix and maintain everyday items. In a world often dominated by fast consumption, these classes encourage sustainability and self-sufficiency. Learning to repair not only fosters a sense of accomplishment but also contributes to reducing environmental impact. The idea of hands-on repair education is not only practical but also enriching, fostering a community of problem-solvers. It's a positive shift towards a more conscious and responsible society. For those interested in exploring this further, the link https://essaypro.com/research-papers-for-sale offers insights into research papers related to this engaging topic.

Mallory
on 11/13/23 3:57 pm - Toronto, Canada
Topic: Spring 2024 Clothing Exchange!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!

SPRING CLOTHING EXCHANGE!!!

MAY 5TH, 2024

12 PM TO 5 PM

1081 1/2 PAPE AVENUE

EAST YORK COMMUNITY CENTRE

TORONTO, ONTARIO

CALL OR TEXT MALLORY AT 437-997-5412 IF QUESTIONS.

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Mallory
on 11/12/23 3:29 pm - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Fall 2023 Clothing Exchange!!!

Thank you to all the ladies who came out and enjoyed the exchange!!! We donated 8 large bags of clothes to charity and 2 bags of household items as well!

Was lovely to see the old faces and meet some new faces!!!

SAVE THE DATE!!! May 5, 2024 will be the next exchange!!!

Mallory
on 11/2/23 11:32 am - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Fall 2023 Clothing Exchange!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics