100Buttons’s Posts

100Buttons
on 5/12/18 6:19 am, edited 5/11/18 11:33 pm
Topic: RE: normal

Congratulations! Wow, I have watched your progress over the last year as our stats are similar (I started at 227) and our surgeries were only 4 days apart! As of this morning, I weighed in at 139.8 which has JUST put me into the healthy BMI bracket as well at 5? 3?! Unbelievable!

Wishing you health and happiness on your continued journey!

100Buttons
on 1/31/18 2:23 pm
Topic: RE: Stop the Madness!!!

My hair is crazy thin and fine. I have to wear my hair up unless I spend a lot of time curling it due to all the post op hair loss. It will take years for it to recover, I know for sure as my hair also grows exceptionally slow.

I am 8 months out and I don't see it slowing yet. I still don't have any regrets, but it is a big deal for me. I find it makes me look really unhealthy.

100Buttons
on 5/29/17 8:00 pm
Topic: RE: Self advocacy - my "why"

I am not sure why all the examples of medical self advocacy are necessary. No one would dispute that. The only point needing discussing here is trying to bump up appointments to make it through faster, so let's stick to that.

You are claiming that these cancelled appointments would be left vacant without your phone calls and emails? You think when the receptionist is booking the initial 3 appointments, he would skip past all of these open times to the main next full days opening? You don't think on a system that they openly acknowledge is heavily weighed down and behind that part of his job description is not to fill each and every one of those spots? Let me assure you, that is apart of his job and you are not helping fill any voids here.

I have shared how it makes me feel and I appreciate others who have stood up and said they feel similar. You clearly are surprised that people feel this way at all. Now that you know, you can choose to do what you want with this information.

100Buttons
on 5/28/17 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: Been away for awhile, but back with an update!
On May 28, 2017 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, Barbara M. wrote:

Hi 100Buttons,

I can relate to some extent. There are people on this board who were referred after me and have had or are having their surgery very soon. I still have not had all of my appointments and have no idea when I will meet the surgeon. It make me feel a bit ****ty. However, I have chosen to be patient and to focus on my journey, not there's. I have chosen to stay positive and do something about my health right now. l know the surgery will be life changing, but I have decided to change my life right now, by paying attention to what I am putting in my mouth and to move my body more each day. I am also mentally preparing with a counsellor. I am looking at the surgery date (whenever that will be) as an added bonus to the rest of my life. I have no control over that, so I am choosing to make a difference in the part that I can control...and I'm learning so much about myself. I wish you the best with your journey too and will be here for you to support you. All the best.

Thanks,

Barb

Thank you for also admitting that it makes you feel *****y. While people seem to be sugar coating it by calling it advocating for ones self, it's simple math. If you push your self to the front of the line, others get pushed to the back.

I think it's fantastic that you are using this time to prepare yourself, and I can't help but wonder if people get themselves through too quickly if they are actually ready. Maybe they are. I unfortunately have felt like I have been simply on hold. My BMI moved below 40 not long after orientation, so I haven't been able to work on my weight for fear of jeopardizing my eligibility for the surgery. Further to that, I have been ready to make a career move however have had to stay put so that I can get this behind me.

Alas, I may just be one of the last few who believe you wait in a line up fair and square, no budding. Maybe I am the idiot here who waited fair and square. I just think if you are going to push your way up to the front, you don't announce it with happiness and pride to all those waiting behind you, it's a wee bit tacky IMO.

100Buttons
on 5/27/17 8:48 pm, edited 5/27/17 1:58 pm
Topic: RE: Been away for awhile, but back with an update!

Honestly, I don't understand how I waited longer from meeting the surgeon to my surgery date that some of the people on this board have waited from referral to surgery. I think all this trying to get bumped up to the top of the list makes it so unfair for the rest of us patiently waiting our turn. 15 months. I have waited 15 months........ and it would have been 16 months if I basically didn't start shaking in the office because I could not fathom waiting any longer while everyone else was squeezing on through. My body shook. I couldn't breathe. This is absolutely the most cruel and unfair process I have ever had to be apart of.

100Buttons
on 5/26/17 11:06 am
Topic: RE: Return to work weight gain!

When our bodies are put under any stress they immediately hold water (for survival). Your body will realize soon enough this change to your routine is nothing to stress over and let the extra water go :-)

100Buttons
on 5/26/17 10:58 am
Topic: RE: Day 2 optifast

It gets easier!!! I am on day 11 and so far no cheating. I feel like if I did cheat once I would keep slipping up here and there. I had headachaes and was very agitated the first few days. I was easily set off. Now I feel so happy and optimistic. Hang in there!

100Buttons
on 5/24/17 7:36 pm
Topic: RE: Optifast weight gain?

Oh man that must be so frustrating! Just stick with it. Your body is perhaps in shock. It will catch up.

100Buttons
on 5/23/17 7:54 pm
Topic: RE: Preop is done... now on to surgery!!
On May 23, 2017 at 5:17 PM Pacific Time, michelle W. wrote:

Yes..can't wait to start the opti.. surprisingly.. lol.. I started myself on my own type of opti... but just drinking protein shakes/meal replacements... have been doing that for a week now and yes.. first couple of days were hard.. but now it's easier.. not even feeling hungry....

Figured it would be a good start to opti.. to make sure that I can do it without cheating... and so far it's worked..so i'm going to keep running with it until opti.. :)

Just hope the opti tastes as good as the protein shakes i'm drinking now..lol

and you are almost there 100buttons... :) it's hard to believe we are almost at the end

Or is that we are finally at the beginning ? Congrats on getting the ball rolling early! We can only go down from here!

100Buttons
on 5/23/17 10:11 am
Topic: RE: Preop is done... now on to surgery!!

So close now Michelle! Since pre-op for me the time is flying! So much I want to do so that I can rest. I am one week in on Opti with one week to go. The first couple days were hard but by day 3-4 it's been ok for me and I hope the same for you. I ah bet cheated and I feel like if I did, things would just be harder not to cheat more.

We are in the final stretch now. I know you have waited exactly as long as I have now, so we are ready!!! We got this!

100Buttons
on 5/19/17 8:29 pm
Topic: RE: Post-op day 3

Glad to hear you are out and feeling great!! I have noticed day 3 seems to be the turning point for many! I am still pre-op so I am not sure, but I am betting I will weigh every morning. I never weigh any other time because I find I am up later in the day.

100Buttons
on 5/16/17 7:09 pm
Topic: RE: Journey update
On May 15, 2017 at 11:26 PM Pacific Time, leeann73 wrote:

inspired by the last titled post like this. Here is my update.

I am 11 weeks out. Highest weight 240. Opti weight 233. Current weight 178.2.

I tolerate all foods and have have never had dumping. Unfortunately I have tried some sugar and carbs and they do not fill me and do not make me sick so I totally have to control those food issues with planning and honesty.

I am still quite tired. I work about 60 hours a week. Travel a lot and have 2 busy boys and a farmer husband.

I feel hopeful for the the first time I. Years. I look forward to planning summer time without dreading the heat and sticky mess I use to get.

I am not yet at at the point where I feel "thin" but I definitely fell more confident and I don't hate myself when I look in the mirror. I have hated myself for a long time.

I smile more. I care about my appearance more. I have not regretted this not even once.

Your results are fabulous! Your starting weight is not far off mine. Do you mind breaking down how the weight has come off a little more for my curious self ?

100Buttons
on 5/16/17 7:01 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-Op Bloodwork?

This was a huge fear of mine. I have been waiting so long for this surgery and mentally and emotionally need it so bad that I can't help but worry the rug is going to be pulled out from under me. I doubled up on my supplements before my blood work last week. I recently got a call from an unknown number and this was the exact fear that popped into my mind - cancelled due to low iron. I am one week post blood work and two weeks pre-op. I asked about it at one point in the process and they didn't seem concerned. I think we are good!!! Good luck!!!

100Buttons
on 5/4/17 4:39 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Tomorrow!!

Good luck tomorrow!

100Buttons
on 5/4/17 4:36 pm
Topic: RE: Me Too! Surgery 8:00 am tomorrow.

Wow! What an accomplishment! I bet you do reach 100 loss tomorrow. What fabulous efforts and results you have achieved! You are a success already! Best wishes for tomorrow and update us when you can!

100Buttons
on 5/1/17 9:44 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone go under expecting RNY and wake with a Sleeve?

Thanks everyone. It was so weird that this Dr. mentioned that. Something about the whole meeting with her just felt off. It felt like she knew I am going to get the sleeve but it will be explained to me as a last minute decision. :-(. I think it's a bit of nerves too. I am 4 weeks away and just can't help but feel like it is to good to be true. That something is going to stop this surgery from happening for me. Positive thoughts....must think positive thoughts.

100Buttons
on 5/1/17 8:26 am
Topic: RE: Anyone go under expecting RNY and wake with a Sleeve?

If so what were the reasons? I was told this may be the case do to a C section however I can't help but feel it might be due to my lower BMI. I want the RNY for a few reasons. I feel like C sections are so common and if it actually was a reason I would have been told or read about that elsewhere.... I mean the incision is so low down I can't see why it would be a factor?

100Buttons
on 4/29/17 11:07 pm
Topic: RE: ON going from 5 year post op care to 2

I have been meaning to ask about this for the very simple fact not one word about after care has ever been mentioned to me. Not at orientation (that I recall) and certainly not in any one on one meeting. Robably due to the uncertainty of change nothing has been mentioned. I will make this part of my annual physical then. Make sure the blood work is included.

100Buttons
on 4/28/17 2:19 pm
Topic: RE: Food Funerals

Thanks for all of the support. Yes I guess at this point, how much more damage can I do in 2.5 weeks?! The point of trying to at least have good days inbetween is probably to most I can hope for at this point.

I have added Billy Minor Pie to my list ugh.....

100Buttons
on 4/28/17 8:50 am
Topic: RE: Food Funerals

I am nearing the end of my wait. Surgery is less than 5 weeks away. I qualified at 40.8 BMI and with some hard work lost 10 pounds. Then I lost another 5. I felt very frustrated because I just wanted to eat healthy and loose weight and despite the assurances of my qualifying BMI, I have felt to nervous to loose more. Now, as the waiting has dragged on and continues to drag on and I am now 2.5 weeks from Opti I am sorely reminded and completely confirmed that I need this surgery more than ever. My eating and cravings are out of control! I am eating deep fried foods and chocolate in embarrassing quantities. I am eating in a way that I have never ate before! I feel so gross and can't wait to be at surgery day. I can't believe I have survived this long. It's been a rediculous wait and this last month will be killer. I am so done with this life yet know, the next two weeks will be full of bad choices and overindulgence. I am already up 6 pounds and at the rate I am going likely will be up 5 more by the start of Opti.

100Buttons
on 4/26/17 8:07 pm
Topic: RE: Back home

Congrats on being home! I hope your recover continues to be smooth!

Was th decision for sleeve before you went under or during surgery? Were you always vocal about preferring sleeve? Can I ask what surgeries you had previously that they indicated were the factor. Also, which Dr. did you get? Sorry for all the questions. I am wondering about the sleeve vs rny.

100Buttons
on 4/23/17 7:20 pm
Topic: RE: St-michaels hospital

I didn't get to pick. I was just referred to TWH. I suppose if I was against it,I could have asked for a transfer. Where are you in the process? Just starting out?

Most Active
Recent Topics