4myson’s Posts

4myson
on 10/24/17 3:12 am, edited 10/23/17 8:12 pm
Topic: RE: Was turned down by the bariatric network

iTS FRUSTRATING MORE BECAUSE MY DR TRIED TO GET ME THRU THIS PROGRAM YEARS AGO BUT I WANTED TO DO IT ON MY OWN NOW MY DR IS TRYING TO PUT ME THRU THE MEDICAL SIDE IN GUELPH BUT I DONT THINK THAT WILL WORK EITHER AND WILL ONLY POSTPONE THINGS FOR ME.

4myson
on 10/24/17 3:10 am

I TOLD HER THE DIETS I HAD TRIED I HAD DONE A DIET FOR 4 MONTHS AT A PLACE LIKE HERBAL MAGIC. iVE DONE LOW CARB HECK IVE EVEN DONE THE PALEO DIET DIABETIC DIET. I EITHER DONT LOOSE MUCH OR I GAIN IT BACK ONCE I STOP.

4myson
on 10/24/17 3:08 am, edited 10/23/17 8:08 pm

MY BMI IS ABOUT 50 I DO HAVE COMOBIDDITIES LIKE SLEEP APNEA ASTHMA AND PREDIABETIES. I CAN LOOSE WEIGHT BUT I HAVE ALWAYS GAINED IT BACK.

4myson
on 10/19/17 11:27 pm

I'm 31 and have been overweight my entire life basically. I have lost and gained my entire adult hood. The bariatric network called me and asked if I had followed a strict diet being followed by a health professional, either a dietician or some place like Dr Bernstein's. My Dr is the only one that has followed me but not very closely. I was directed to see a dietician for 6 months to a year and than get my doctor to reapply. I do understand why this is a helpful tool but I wasn't expecting this to take several years and I have seen people I know go thru this process without this step. I also would like to know whether I should go gung ho and loose as much as I can seeing the dietician or if I should let it fail like everything else has. they say ohip requires that you fail.

Most Active
Recent Topics