OT My Disease

Linda S.
on 9/19/07 2:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hiya, I have people aske me about my disease, here is a clinical explanation: The endoscope is being used at the Skull Base Institute to treat trigeminal neuralgia. This condition is universally acknowledged as the most painful affliction known to adult men and women and affects thousands of Americans each year. The episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like facial pain are caused when a blood vessel comes in contact with the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve, applying pressure to the nerve. Patients with neurovascular problems such as trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm, intractable vertigo and spasmodic torticollis benefit from the Skull Base Institute's innovative endoscopic "keyhole" approach to these disorders.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Cajun Angel
on 9/19/07 5:14 am - New Orleans, LA
My dear grandma suffered with neuralgia for years.  I remember her wincing and jumping in pain, especially during the colder temps.  Thanks for the explanation. Debbie
Linda S.
on 9/19/07 5:43 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Deb, I wish this would limited to the colder temps, this would give me a huge break living in AZ, this comes from the base of the brain, and makes life un-livable. I know neuralgia can come from anywhere...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

annette R.
on 9/19/07 5:59 am - ithaca, NY
  Linda, The alphabet soup of medical terminology is the cause of your pain AND falling also? Where is the Skull Base Institue located? Last question - will you allow them to do the endoscopic KEYHOLE?  Poor Lovely Linda Mega Kisses to you  
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Linda S.
on 9/19/07 6:22 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hiya Annette, I do not know what surgery is available here, but will soon find out,I do not think it is causing my falling. The pain is triggered by the brain, like some neuralgia is triggered by cold. If I can get this operation, it is one that is supposed to last forever, which I like, and the least envasive....so yes, as opposed to living in pain or being like a dope addict the rest of my life...they can sign me up! I do not know why I am not steady on my feet

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Linda S.
on 9/19/07 6:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Annette, maybe knee, or meds have me unsteady on feet, been needing a knee replacement for over 20 years. We do have a Mayo clinic here, so bet I can get that operation...smile.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Linda S.
on 9/19/07 6:32 am - PHOENIX, AZ
With this disease, I can not wash my face, brush my teeth, nor eat until drugs kick in...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/07 7:52 am - FL
It's hard to know God's plan in all of this but, I have to believe that he will not only bring you through this but cause some good from it.  I'm sorry that you are going through this.
Linda S.
on 9/19/07 9:54 am, edited 9/19/07 9:56 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks sweet Wanda... I hope there is some good here, and that God will see me through it all. As the old folk used to say "My soul is tired". Take care...

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Linda S.
on 9/19/07 9:50 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Annette, you are a genius, you make me think, I have no one to ask me these questions, of course its that darn knee! On the stairs, it gave in, folded. While attempting to get on the special lift the bus lets down, once again it was gone, I thought about it as I was massaging my right shoulder with Tiger Balm (first time using it because was afraid smell would trigger face pain), and thinking about pain on right leg, it is always the right side, the side with the weak knee. "I'll take the falling blame on the knee for 50 Alex"...hehehe.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views