Anyone else experiencing?

Aime B.
on 4/7/08 7:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
I thought it was something do to with me alone until Janet and I started to talk last weekend. I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort along my bra line on my back. It tingles. It itches. It even hurts at times. Janet mentioned having the same issue. Does anyone else have this going on? Does anyone know what it might be?

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

annette R.
on 4/7/08 8:03 pm - ithaca, NY
Aime, Not a clue. I get that feeling along the front, not the back,  even though my bras are all very loose. Any material touching the front gives that same sensation. I say: Let's all BURN our bras!
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Candygirl
on 4/7/08 9:04 pm - Somewhere in, NY
I already DID burn mine.  I just use bandaids now... I was wondering about a possible reaction to the latex in the bras.  I know it's possible to develop allergies to some things as we get older, even if they've never irritated us before.  Latex is one of those things.  WLS and the nutrition factors might be a contributing factor, maybe? Wonder who might be able to shed some light on the subject? Candy

carlak
on 4/8/08 12:48 am - Bradenton, FL
If I burn my bra and go without Ill look like a little boy!!!!! Yes I do have the itching and burning too. Makes sense about the weight shifting though. Carla
image hosting site

birdy
on 4/7/08 9:22 pm - Lexington, TN
Hi Aime I have the same thing but it isn't my bra doing it because I get it when I don't have my bra on.  the pain comes after eating or taking my pills. I also get it sometimes close to the end of my 3 mile walk. The itch drives me nuts because it doesn't help to scratch it. I will be seeing my family doc Thursday and if I can remember I will ask her about it but she doesn't know a lot about this surgery and she is a worry wart that will send me for some kind of a test. If any one finds an answer for this please let me know. Maybe if we all post on all the boards we are on some one will know what is causing it.  Birdy
jillysue
on 4/7/08 9:31 pm - Northern, MI
Wonder if it has anything to do with the nerve endings that were "bothered" during surgery. Nerves are pretty sensitive things and can get their noses out of joint and stay that way for a long time! Just a thought!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

Jan C.
on 4/7/08 9:49 pm - Cedar Creek, MO

I had the same thing and was about to drive me insane, finally went to PCP and she sent me for some x=rays of the area even had a MRI done which showed my back to be all crooked and lots of Arthritis, This spot got worse as the day went on always , we finally decided that it had to do with the center of gravity being thrown off because of the weight loss and the muscles in that area being pulled down. Causing the nerves to tingle. I take one Flexerill daily now and it has stopped unless i forget to take the pill . Also i have been working on the exercise ball for my core strength and posture. My posture got really bad right after losing a bulk of weight.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

ceeidee
on 4/7/08 10:16 pm
Hi Aime, I have been wondering too! I get a numbing tingling sensation across my back in that area whether I have a bra on or not...all the time. It is weird. I just figured it was something to do with nerves being cut fron surgery. I have worried though that I was having a stroke or something... ???? Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Brenda R.
on 4/7/08 10:51 pm - Portage, IN

The problem that I have is with my bra in the front. It hits in the middle right where my scar is and it is hurting like crazy. It rubs the scar and I just kind of move around trying to get it in another spot and I don't know why since it is always there. lol I sure couldn't go without my bra since that somg fits me~do your boobs hang low? Can you swing them to and fro?

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

Darlene
on 4/8/08 12:24 am
When I get the tingles and itches in various parts of my body, mostly back and legs I know I am over due for my Vit B12 injection. My low b12 sends messages to my nerve endings as the B12 if very important for the neuro system. That's just me. If it keeps up I would talk to the pcp on your next visit.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views