What's New Tuesday ?

Cindy P.
on 1/12/09 2:14 pm
Hi.  I was so surprised to have the opportunity to start the daily what's new thread for Tuesday.  It will be a busy day for me -- mom has a doctor appointment in the morning and then we have some things to do later on in the day.

We are having fairly nice weather here.  It was a little foggy this afternoon in the north end of town -- yet where we live (south end), it was clear as a bell.  No rain, no wind.  That's a bonus this time of year.

I have a batch of yogurt started.  Making my own is something I started after wls and have continued to this day.  I had trouble finding store-bought-yogurt that wasn't loaded down with all kinds of sugars.  So, anyway, I make my own.  It's easy to do and my hubby likes it mixed with a little dry sf pudding mix with some Splenda to sweeten it.  He adds a doll-up of sf cool whip on top -- it's his nightly equivalent of a bowl of ice cream. 

Have a wonderful day.

Cindy P.
George T.
on 1/12/09 2:54 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Good morning Cindy.  Thanks for getting us started.

Hey there all you other OFFers.

Cold weather here this week.  No problem to me.  I get cold now, but don't really mind it.

Going to oncologist today.  Will update tonight.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Brenda R.
on 1/12/09 7:52 pm - Portage, IN
George, prayers are going up for your oncologist appointment today. I hope that it is not serious. Take care of yourself.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

susandoeshair
on 1/12/09 8:09 pm - Alexander, AR
George, I'm sorry....did I miss something?  Oncologist???  Hope you're doing alright. I'll be thinking about you!

Susan

Cindy P.
on 1/12/09 10:43 pm
George:  I don't know why you have to see an oncologist -- but shop around.  I saw my first one and didn't feel good about him and changed doctors and the second one was wonderful.  He worked hard for me and really made a difference in my life and in my effort to move towards a clean bill of health.

I hope that you don't have anything serious going on -- but if you do, be an advocate for  yourself and find the right physician for YOU.

Cindy P.
Nancy1Marie
on 1/12/09 4:33 pm - Underwood, MN
Hello Everybody,
It's 22 below right now. Just had another snow storm yesterday. Suppose to be this cold through Friday with another snow storm thrown in for good measure.Winter in Minnesota!!!
I am day13 on my stop smoking. Feels pretty good to be smoke free. I had to quit before my doctor would do surgery. I am glad i have that done. I have been a smoker for 44 years with a few quits mixed in.
I had my last appointment with my dietitian. Now i wait to see my surgeon for a second time. Then all my paper work will be sent in to my insurance company and then I wait for approval. I was told that takes about a week to ten days and if everything goes right I will have my surgery date sometime in Feb. This has been a long six months and I am sure glad I am getting towards the end of all the waiting.
I guess that's it. Take care. George, I will be thinking of you this afternoon. Hope all goes well. Nancy

Brenda R.
on 1/12/09 7:48 pm - Portage, IN
Nancy, I want to congratulate you on your stopping smoking. I know that it is hard to do, since Bill has suffered with that addiction and working on stopping.

Congratulations too, on being so close to date of your surgery. It won't be long now. You have jumped through your hoops and you should be proud of the job well done.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter 
                        that tells what kind of life you have lived.

oh_c_card-2.gif picture by kittikat22

carlak
on 1/12/09 5:58 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi All,
Ive been fighting a migraine for the last three days, Not fun, I havent had one since my Gastric Bypass almost 7 years ago.
I think Ill call the Doc.
It is cold here and we are having a cold front probably from all the weather up in Chicago. It is trickling down here. Supposed to get to 62 and rain today. It was suppposed to rain yetsterday but no drops.
George I hope you oncology appnt isnt serious. Thoughts are with you.
Well Gals and Guys,
My thought for the day is Smile it makes you fiesty.
CArla
image hosting site

Cindy P.
on 1/12/09 10:39 pm
Carla, I've been meaning to post a message of encouragement to yoy.

I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2002.  I had surgery and six months of chemo.  Was it tough?  Yeah.  But I did it.  I made it.  I've been clean ever since.

I have a colonoscopy every three years and the dr. tests my blood every six months for cancer markers. 

Years ago, cancer was a death sentence.  Today, many, many people thrive after proper treatment. 

I'm pulling for you. 

Cindy P.
carlak
on 1/12/09 10:44 pm - Bradenton, FL
Thankyou Cindy P,
I am so glad you pulled thru the Chemo. I dont think they are going to have to do chemo. Just the Iodine pill and 3 to 6 days in thehospital. I am hoping that it will be next week.
My dad had colon cancer and it wasnt caught in time.
Pulling for you too.
Carla
image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!