TGIF! What are you doing today?

MaryMargaretG
on 5/13/10 8:55 pm - Medina, OH
Hi Everyone, no one started the thread and I am hoping no one is doing it while I type this..

Another gloomy day here in Ohio.  More rain.  YUCK!

Stayed up late to watch the Cavaliers end their play off season.  They were embarrasing.  Oh well.. 

Today I am meeting friends for lunch.  We go to the golden coral and they have lots to choose from for me.  Surprisingly.

Nothing else new, except I keep putting off grocery shopping.  I must go today or tomorrow...lol

Have a great Friday

Peace
Mary

I am on my way.  What a ride it has been.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Sharing

susandoeshair
on 5/13/10 9:14 pm - Alexander, AR
Good morning, Mary  and all my OFF friends,

Gosh, buffets are places we just don't go anymore. But, if we do and they have things like peel and eat shrimp, then I get my money's worth that way...lol.  I love shrimp.

We finally got a good night's sleep!  Gary took a couple of Tylenol PMs and some melitonin and it did the trick, at least for last night. The doctor's office never called the Rx in to the pharmacy and they're closed today. Grrrrr. It really makes me angry when they don't take care of requests before having themselves a long weekend.

Today I'm starting to offer a new service at the salon that I'm ooooober excited about. It's called Shellac, and it's a new technology in nail color that isn't an acrylic or gel so there's no damage to the natural nail whatsoever, and it lasts for TWO weeks!!!  Go to my FB page----Susan Higgins Designs, to see a video. You might be interested in finding a salon in your area that offers it. It's nothing short of amazing.

Okay, off to find a recipe for the what are you eating thread and get that going. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Susan

Debbiejean
on 5/13/10 9:53 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Good morning OFF family,
Work will be busy today, only have to work 4 hours then off to Ludington State Park to camp for the weekend. Wwwhhoooooo!!

I will be doing lots of bike riding and walking, we are taking our 3 doggies for the first time. Usually we leave them with the kids to take care of. I will wear them out!

Everyone have a great weekend.
moparmemaw
on 5/14/10 12:46 am - IA
Debbiejean I'm so jealous!  We haven't camped yet this season.  Our camp group is going to our local state park this weekend but since I just had GB surgery yesterday, we didn't think it would be a good idea for us to try it.  We will go out and visit, but will come home to our own bed.  At least I'll get a taste of camping.  Can't wait to sit around the fire. 
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

Eileen Briesch
on 5/13/10 9:59 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Mary, Susan and my OFF family:

I am up way too early for me ... and the sun is shining at last! Yey! I had a headache most of yesterday and just couldn't shake it ... nothing got rid of it. Finally went to bed in my darkened bedroom at 7 p.m. and laid down and watched TV in there ... took a nap for a little bit and that helped somewhat. It was a miserable day of rain and thunderstorms and dampness. My body was not happy at all.

I woke up this morning to the radio and heard that one of the sportswriters who was laid off in February (but then continued writing as a freelancer) died yesterday of a heart attack. He was 55 ... same age as me. Wow, how quickly it can happen! I wonder how much the stress of the layoff affected him.

Yesterday, I met a former coworker for lunch and we had a nice time. Then I went to this candy store to get some sugar free candy for my mom for a late Mother's Day present. They have good stuff there; my mom likes it but she doesn't want any nuts because they hurt her false teeth.

I'm up earlier than usual today because I have to go for a mammogram at 10 a.m. Yes, the yearly squish the boobs day (or as one tech told me ... the day you turn your C cups into tea cups). Since I didn't get my grocery shopping done yesterday as I had planned, I'll do that after my mammogram. I need to look for another top for my interview also ... and I need to go to PetsMart for cat supplies (litter, dry cat food, treats). I also want to stop at the chiropractor on the way home because that headache just popped back up ... he usually helps that.

Well, I guess I've babbled on long enough. Hope everyone has a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Sybul C.
on 5/13/10 10:10 pm - Alma, AR
Finally have a day off.  First one in two weeks.  It's supposed to rain through tomorrow so I may just veg out this morning then try to take a walk between the rain.  As a last resort, I plan to do some house cleaning and laundry.  I intend to put that off as long as possible, lol.  Once I get started I just keep going.

annette R.
on 5/13/10 11:01 pm - ithaca, NY
Finally, some good news - the lab report for Tom was good - they got all the cancer from his arm. If he ever gets another suspicious spot he will go to the doctor immediately or I will personally carve it out!

I noticed that my pants were getting looser around the waist since starting the swim program. My scale is still on the fritz so out came the tape measure. I've lost TWO inches from my waist. It is nice to have a WOW moment after 3 1/2 years.

Kisses
Annette

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Laureen S.
on 5/14/10 1:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nettie,

So happy to hear that the lab report for Tom was a good one, I'm sure that is a load off of your heart!

Great news about the swim program.  I've been slipping lately, lost my motivation, or perhaps it's just I don't seem to ever have enough time to do everything my life demands. . .  anyway, I will get it back, I just am taking a break and I do walk Roxie 2x a day now, so that is something, but I just have not been in the gym mode. . .

Hugs, Lil Sis Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

annette R.
on 5/14/10 6:45 am - ithaca, NY
Thanks Lil Sis,

The swim class is way too much fun. It helps to go with friends. We exercise, laugh and drive the instructor nuts. He put me in the "naughty corner" yesterday. All in good fun.

Walking your Roxie is exercise. The fresh air is good for both of you.

Kisses
Nettie
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 5/14/10 1:01 am
Annette...I am so happy to hear the good news about Tom......what a blessing!!

As for you....you get any smaller and we won't be able to see you....congrats anyway!!!

Love ya....hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 357 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1152 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1163 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1102 views