Monday, Monday

weightlossdreamer
on 6/5/11 8:37 pm - Canada
Hi everyone  -  be back in s minute.
weightlossdreamer
on 6/5/11 8:44 pm - Canada
It is another beautiful day in southwestern Ontario.  The weather has been warm with low humidity - the type of days that I waited all winter for.
I go this morning for the stress test and to meet with the cardiologist.  I'm hoping to find out the extent of the damage and the course of action and then go from there to do whatever I need to do.  I'm anxious about today, but I know that knowledge is power, and I want as much information as I can get.
I hope that all had a good weekend.  If you have a moment, please say a prayer or swing a chicken or two for me today  -  I would really appreciate it.
Margaret
Connie D.
on 6/6/11 1:21 am
Good morning Margret and everyone.....

You all sure do have some busy days. Nothing over exciting around here.

I am doing laundry and have a few calls to make.
I too need to get a new family doctor here, and pulmonary, and rhuematology and therapist and psychiatrist....UGH! I am getting low on meds and only one more refill.

Didn't get much sleep last night. Nic has a friend staying here from out of town . Some of their other friends were over....got pretty crazy!!  All good kids just a lot of goofing around as teenagers do!! We are having a big BBQ tonight. That will be fun!  Grace loves all the boys and they love Grace....they think she is funny!!

That is about it for me....wishing you all a great day!

Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d

seasheleyes
on 6/6/11 4:29 am - Manteca, CA
You've got it Margaret! I always feel better when I know the truth of things rather than my magnifications of what is going on! Let us know what you hear please.
Julia
obxlady
on 6/5/11 9:05 pm
Hi Margaret....good morning!!  Good morning for all of those to follow!!  It looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day, not too hot, here in the Outer Banks.  As a matter of fact, on our early morning route, it was a bit nippy.  Had hubby put his window up on our way home when usually it doesn't bother me....brrrrr.

Margaret, I'll definitely say prayers for you today.  I've been through a stress test several months ago and was anxious prior to the test but so relieved when it was all over to get some questions answered. 

My DH & I are sitting here with our 1st cup of coffee this morning discussing his test he's having later on at the hospital.  He's scheduled for an MRI on his back due to major back pain.  He's had this pain for a long time but was told it was due to his weight.  Well, I'm sure his weight played a huge part in his pain but his PCP never sent him for any test or anything to get any answers.  He just prescribed Nsaids so now that he's had RNY you know the drill...no NSAIDS.  Anyway, his new PCP which happens to be mine as well, referred him to an Orthopedic last week.  This Dr. did xrays and wow at the problems my DH has!!  So the Dr.'s plan of action is the MRI then sending DH to have steroid injections.  DH has never had an MRI so he's a bit nervous.  I knew he would be so I had him ask the Dr. for something to relax him.  Anyway, that's going to be our mid morning adventure today.  I'm taking a good book.

Sorry to ramble.  I hope everyone has a great day. 
Monica B.
on 6/5/11 9:41 pm - Emery, SD

Good luck to your hubby today. Interesting how your hubby is an example of "being invisible" even to his PCP before his RNY. I have spoken often on how MO person are NOT seen.Could also be plain just pass the pills medical care, instead of finding the reason for finding the cause. Glad his new PCP is the "treasure" hunt to fix him. I had a MRI while in the hospital in TX. Found it was just noisy. Enjoy the book you bring...what you reading?
Monica

Sybul C.
on 6/5/11 11:34 pm - Alma, AR
My dh has been getting the steroid injections and they are really working well for him.  Good luck!

seasheleyes
on 6/6/11 4:34 am - Manteca, CA
I needed 10 xanex tablets to handle each MRI I had and I was in an "open" MRI machine. It's just that the machine is so close to your body and you feel powerless to get out. The test is easy- the machine is HARD.
Monica B.
on 6/5/11 9:31 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all OFFers..sober 216 days and so proud of me.
Prayers and shoulders to help sistain you Margaret. I know I had to have a stress test before WLS. The cardio doc didn't think I could do it the regular way, but I proved him wrong. His subconcious challenge did it. May you have a meaningful visit with answers found and treatment plan put in place.
We don't have much planned for today. Spoke with VA nearby nurse manager Friday and we will be waiting for call today to make app's etc. Nervous. We were told the employee who was so awful to us last fall is no longer a concern. If our actions of complaint caused his VA "whatever" action, fired, reassignment????, there must have been other issues with his performance.
I need to find a doctor here and soon. Dreading it, but I need med refills and a check up. My eyelids continue to melt into my eye vision and are SO puffy and huge. I seem to "Milk" them alot all day. The right lid is worse than the left. I wash my face and hands alot, but am mindful of itching the eyeball. When my sinus under the eye is swollen and the eyelid is swollen, I have such slits to look thru, I look horrible.I use a cold compress often during the day. ANY suggestions will be appreciate.
I am enjoying the beautiful weather here. The H&H's haven't been bad, grateful for AC. The weather up in MA hasn't been great at all.
Wishing all a wonderful Monday.

Debbiejean
on 6/5/11 9:48 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Whhooooooooooooo Monica!!! 216 days sober! Go Girl!! I'm cheering you on. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views