Just Checking In

VeraWalker
on 10/12/11 11:57 am - Whiteville, NC
Hello everyone!

I have been off the boards for a logn while now.  Been having issues with the lapband. Body rejecting it and it looks like it has to come out.  I think I am going to do a revision to Bypass.

I was very busy with mom and I was blessed to have been able to keep her at home until May 21,2011 when she step over to the other side. I was sitting by her when she passed away and I will always be grateful she was not bed ridden complete until the last 9 days of her life.

:I hope you all have been doing well.

Vera
Vera  LapBand 8/12/2008

Judy G.
on 10/12/11 12:38 pm - Galion, OH

(((Vera))) I am so sorry to read about your mom passing!! Glad that you were able to be with her though!

Sorry that your lap band didn't work out for you. Darn!!! So what bypass will you have done? RNY? Wishing you the best and hope that you keep coming back for support!!!! :-)

HUGS

grammylew
on 10/12/11 7:55 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Vera, such sad news about your Mom. I lost mine 2 years ago and I still miss her every day. She also passed at her home. My Sis and I had been sitting with her all day. We finally went into the living room to sleep on the couch and in the recliner. We had just fallen asleep when her caregiver came to wake us to say Mom had passed. Did she wait until we left her side?
I just had my band removed anf revised to the sleeve. I had a leak in the tubing and had fought to get back to me sweet spot ever since I had an unfill 2 years ago. So far, I have only lost 2 pounds with my sleeve. I don't feel full even after eating a 4 oz steak. Right after I got it juat 1/2 cup of tomato soup. Now, nothing! But, I am being patient!

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 10/12/11 9:09 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Vera,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  Sounds like you have some peace about it.  That's good.  Give yourself time to grieve.  

Good luck with the revision of your surgery.  Rejection of the band was one of the reasons I decided to go with the bypass, among many reasons..

I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Jo W.
on 10/12/11 11:49 pm - Owosso, MI
I am sorry about the loss of your mom. Losing moms is hard.  I lost mine 2 yrs ago after a long successful life.  I still miss her. 
Connie D.
on 10/13/11 1:11 am
Vera....so sorry for your loss....prays for you now.

It is a bummer that the band didn't work...hope you find something else that will serve you better.

Very nice to see you here today...hope you keep up with us again!!

Hugs...connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 10/13/11 4:53 am - Evansville, IN
Welcome back, Vera. Sorry you lost your mom and you're having problems with the band. I have heard a lot of people having problems with the band. I have a feeling that's a common thing. I didn't have that option ... it was RNY or nothing. I'm happy with my decision.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Laureen S.
on 10/13/11 5:57 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Vera,

Glad to see you and I am sorry that you lost your Mom, today is the 10th anniversary of my Mom's passing, like you I am glad that while she was ailing the last year of her life, I did all I could to keep her comfortable and while I wish we could have had more time, I am grateful that she went fast. 

Be well and there is another option beside bypass, the sleeve which is similar to the band, only nothing foreign in your body and it does not have the malabsorbtion issues associated with RNY, as well as the inability to take certain medications.  I'm happy with my RNY, but now that I'm suffering with pain issues, and wonder if I will need to take NSAIDs what I will do. . .  time will tell and either way I wish you well

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views