Terrific Tuesday What's Happening?

Patricia R.
on 8/6/12 11:11 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Family,
Today sees me returning to the orthopedist for shoulder and neck pain.  I'm going to ask him to order an MRI of my neck.  He had originally told me that my shoulder pain could have been caused by hurting my neck when I fell in December.  His partner order a thoracic MRI since I first saw him, but that is the middle of my back.  

Tonight, I plan to go over to the church I went to when I was married to help with a food bank my church has partnered with them to operate.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Prayers for all of us who are suffering emotional or physical pain.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 8/7/12 12:28 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Trish and all my OFF sistas to come!

Trish, certainly hope they can get to the bottom of your pain and get you some relief.  It's no fun to hurt all the time, and I am always amazed at how many women on this board suffer chronic pain!  And yet, you all still just push on and do what you have to do.  I never cease to admire all of you.

I am up early and waiting on the cable guy to get here.  Why do they tell you between 8 and noon?  Can't they narrow it down a little?  I got up and showered and dressed and did my hair and my makeup, so of course, he won't show until noon!  LOL!

I am trying to schedule a whole slew of doctor's appts for our next trip back to Nacogdoches in September.  Butch has to see his doctor re: his prostate cancer every 3 months, so we'll be there for about a week.  I need to go see my OB/GYN, but when I called yesterday, they told me she is going to be out of town that week.  Grrrr.  I guess I'm going to have to start over with a new OB/GYN down here in New Braunfels.  I also need to go see my dentist and my eye doctor.  I ought to start with new docs down here, but if I can get appts with my Nac doctors, I'll go see them one more time.  Geez, it's a pain in the butt moving and getting set up with all new doctors, isn't it?

Oh, and I have to set up an appt with my hair dresser too.  Now THAT is more scary to me than anything else.  Michael has been cutting my hair for over 20 years.  How can I possibly go to someone else???  LOL!

Well, my little Benny Bop is wanting his breakfast.  I'd better go see what I can do about that.  I'm sure the cable guy will show up right in the middle of our meal.  Maybe if I offer to feed him some bacon, he'll get my wiring fixed right this time! 

Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 8/7/12 2:49 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Trish and Vickie and the OFF family:

Where is everybody? It's after 11:30 a.m. here. I got up earlier than I wanted when the phone rang but only at 9:30 so not too early at least. I have developed a sore throat to go along with the sore knee. Still waiting to hear from the knee doc. The sore throat is better after some hot coffee and cold water. I'll try my Celestial Seasonings Wellness tea, too. If I'm getting a cold, that's a good thing to drink to lessen the symptoms.

Otherwise, not much else, back to work. We still have one person out ... our oldest guy fell and hurt his back and is out another day. This is my Friday so I hope I have an easy night since I'm not feeling all that good.

Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Debbie A.
on 8/7/12 7:39 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Hi everyone,

My daughter Krissy started school last week, she is a junior in high school. Michael has change colleges and he moves into his apartment on the 24th of Aug. Husband is out of town on business. I'm a little busy right now. But nothing I can't handle. Liquid diet is going pretty good, I'm down 7lbs (YAY!). The only thing I don't like is every think I drink leaves an icky after taste, water, crystal light, jello, broth, etc. Any way that's it for now. I hope everyone has a great day! I also pray every one has a pain free day.

Kisses,
Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

mermaidoz
on 8/7/12 10:01 am, edited 8/7/12 10:21 am - Canada
Debbie: I suspect you are going into ketosis ( burning your own fat which releases acetone) which is what is leaving your icky mouth-feel.  After your surgery, your ketosis will get even more pronounced and you will have really bad breath ( so load up on SF breath mints and mouthwash) and some even sweat it from their pores...it will be a metallic taste in your mouth making everything taste weird for the duration of your very rapid weight loss, so several weeks or months...Drinking as much water as you can  will help lessen the bad taste a bit ( will be difficult  immediately after surgery as all you can do is sip, sip, sip around the clock to stay hydrated)..Eventually as you eat more food the metallic taste in your mouth will lessen and go away and your tastebuds will for the most part go back to normal...

Hang in there, you are doing fine!

(edited to correct typos!)

cindibarre
on 8/7/12 10:25 am - Danforth, ME
Debbie-

The aftertaste is ketosis which is a good thing.  It means your body is burning fats.  Hang in their.  You might want to try some biotene.  It helps with dry mouth and with the taste.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
poegirl100
on 8/8/12 1:13 am - Cibolo, TX
Cindi,  good to see you post here.  You've been MIA for awhile.  Everything ok?  You're missed here!

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 8/7/12 2:29 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Debbie,
I know you are probably going through ketosis.  I wonder, does your diet have to be clear liquids, or can you have full liquids as well?  If so, you could also have sugar free pudding and yogurt smoothies, and popsicles and fudgesicles.  I lived on that during the second and third week of my post-op diet.  I wasn't required to be on a liquid diet before surgery, because my surgeon did an open procedure and could examine my liver, and avoid nicking it.

When is your surgery?  If you told us, I forgot it.  My brain hasn't been firing on all 8 cylinders in a long time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Debbie A.
on 8/7/12 2:53 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Hi Trish,

Full liquids and I frozen meal under 300 calories. Total intake 1000 calories a day. My surgery is Wed. August 15th. It's coming up fast. It's amazing how fast time is moving. For what ever reason pudding and jell-o don't taste so good. But I love sf grape Popsicles and sf fudgesicles. I'm makeing my smoothie with crystal light lemonade, cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries and a scoop of vanilla or unflavored protein. I keep the fruit frozen so it's really good. Thanks for your concern.

Hugs, Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Patricia R.
on 8/7/12 3:04 pm - Perry, MI
 Debbie, 
Your smoothie sounds very yummy.  I just might try it.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1176 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views