Surgery Schedule: Moving along

fatfifty
on 11/9/12 11:41 am
RNY on 12/10/12

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I am moving along on my quest for bypass surgery.  My surgery is schedule for December 10th and I met with my nutritionist, my exercise therapist, and of course my doctor and his nurse.  I will go to my first support group meeting next Tuesday, and I start a two-week liquid diet on November 26th.  I am excited and nervous, a bit scared of the major surgery, but I have had surgery before and done just fine.  I hope it is OK to mention here, but I have started a blog, fatfiftythree.com, where I have started logging my journey.

You are welcome to join me there,if you like.

Marietta in MO : Highest weight: 267, Before Surgery and Pre-Op diet; 254.6  

Judy G.
on 11/9/12 11:51 am - Galion, OH

Congrats on your date and start of your new life!!! Hang on its a WILD RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS

pineview01
on 11/9/12 11:58 am - Davison, MI

WOW!  You are moving right along. 

My PCP submitted my request today and the PHO (middle people) called and said no 2nd surgery.  The insurance person said this was all OK prior to psych eval.  They said no proof of medical necessity.  But, they had to have it before they OKed the Psych Eval.

Glad to hear all is well for your and in a Month you will be getting your sleeve!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

fatfifty
on 11/9/12 12:05 pm
RNY on 12/10/12

Hi Pineview,

I sure hope you get things done on your end. I will have to go read more on your story, to understand what happened to your band. I will catch up and keep on eye on things.

pineview01
on 11/9/12 12:08 pm - Davison, MI

Thank You, how sweet of you.  Looking forward to hearing how your journey goes.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Patricia R.
on 11/9/12 8:36 pm - Perry, MI

I hope your surgery goes as scheduled.  There is nothing to be afraid of.  Start a walking regimen now, as well as doing deep breathing exercises.  This will come in handy when you are recuperating from surgery.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 11/10/12 1:12 am

Hello...it sounds like things are moving right along for your surgery!! Good for you!! Don't be worried all will be fine. I am glad you will be attending support groups. That is very important!!

I will check in now and the to see how you are doing.

HUGS....connie d

Debbie A.
on 11/10/12 1:26 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Hi! 

You'll do great!  I had RnY on Aug 15th and have lost 42 lbs and 42 inches. I feel so much better. It is life changing. I'm on a plateau right know but I know this will pass. Everyone's weight journey is different so don't compare yourself to others, each step is towards a new you. Keep us posted. Always feel free to share any and all things with us. If its not to nosy of me my I know your first name?

Thoughts and prayers,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

fatfifty
on 11/10/12 1:49 pm
RNY on 12/10/12

Thanks to everybody and yes Debbie, my name is Marietta and I will add it to my signature.  You guys are the best.  I haven't even been to any of the other forums, but I suppose I should check things out, search and see if there any answers to my questions,break out of my shell a get to know everybody!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 369 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views