Lots to think about!

ksponaugle
on 3/10/13 1:41 am - WV

Well, my husband and I went to our SWL seminar yesterday and were impressed with both surgeons in the practice.  We have an appointment with Dr. Rossi on Wednesday morning.  We both know the band is not for us and hubby is leaning toward the sleeve while I am thinking RNY just because of trying to give me the best bang for my buck so to speak with resolving my diabetes.  Any thoughts?

Its a beautiful day here, 60 degrees and unfortunately we both feel like poop :(

I am piddling while hubby went back to bed, he didn't sleep well last night, thinking he may have a stomach bug.

Calling the insurance in the AM to see exactly what their protocol is and what they will cover and move forward from there.The family are not thrilled with our decision to pursue this route but we have to do what is best for our health I think.

Hope everyone has a super day where ever you are and God Bless!

Karen

Connie D.
on 3/10/13 6:17 am

I don't know much about the sleeve but do know people that have had it. They seem to be doing okay, I had RNY and thought it was the best for me.

Do more rersearch....go to the forums for each here on OH. Read all you can about each one. You will know what is best for you.

Good luck....keep posting here as well...we will help when we can.

Love and hugs....connie d

Judy G.
on 3/10/13 6:38 am - Galion, OH

Not knowing much about anything but the RNY and LOVE having it for me! My only regret is I didn't have it done sooner in my life but I DID have it done and have been happy ever since!!! I lost 170 lbs with the RNY had many stalls but it DID come off!!! I lost slow but slow is better than fast as the skin kept up with the loss. Sure I have some saggy skin but not as bad as it could have been with fast loss.

We are all here for you both for ANY question you may have and do not think any of your questions are silly. Remember we all have been there before you!!! :-)

HUGS

daubbermom
on 3/10/13 10:52 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I had RNY 6 weeks ago mostly because of my diabetes. It was out of control for several years at 250-350. I was on 3 meds a day Metformin, Lantus, and Humalog. My A1C was over 9,5 for a while. Since the surgery my sugar is down to normal and I am only on half of my Metformin. Dr said I should be off Metformin in a few months. I feel soooooooooo much better, and if I don't lose another ounce it will have all been worth it. I'm not sure but I think the sleeve does not fix the diabetes. If I am wrong, pardon me please.

ksponaugle
on 3/10/13 12:10 pm - WV
That is very encouraging to me. I have been taking metformin, levemir, novolin 70/30, and humalog. They have
Tried me on just about everything else with no luck. My a1c has been from 7.1 as high as 9.4 currently. I'm just tired of fighting it and told my doctor who is behind the surgery 100% it's not about weight loss for me it's the meds I want off of and to just feel better. Thank you for the encouragement again and I look forward to seeing your progress. God bless.

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views