Happy Wednesday to all my wonderful OFF friends!!

Connie D.
on 5/1/13 1:07 am

Good morning everyone....

It is almost 10 AM here in Minnesota....thought someone would have posted by now.

I slept in until 9:00....I really needed it!! Today is my baby girl's (Carrie) birthday. Time sure is flying by. How can my daughters be the same age as me...LOL!!!

Nothing much planned today. My doctor at the Ear, Nose, and Throat clinic did a scope to check my voice box and throat. Everything looks really good and healthy. I watched him do it on a monitor. The loss of voice is just do to my asthma, allergies and COPD. Some days it is good other days hardly a whisper. I am going to go back and they are going to try to see if they can have me do some exercises to help with the constriction. Otherwise as far as I am concerned I can live with it. I have been this way for many. many years.

I made a roast beef in the crock pot yesterday. It was so good. I hardly ever eat beef. I really enjoyed it. I am going to cut up and freeze the rest for when I want a little another time.

Wishing you all a beautiful day. Back to 35 degrees again today...possible snow as well. I am so glad I got out all those warm days!!

Prayers for many of our OFF friends and families as well.

Love and hugs to all...connie d

poegirl100
on 5/1/13 2:35 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Connie and my OFF sistas!

Oh, Connie, I feel for you!  35 degrees?  And here we are in our bathing suits getting ready to go out on the lake in the boat for the first time.  I wish you could move here!

My hands are stinging from the bleach water I had to use to clean all the mildew off the boat.  First time we unwrap it from winter is always a Bee.  Even though it is under a fitted cover, leaves and crap get in and the mildew covers the seats, etc.  So I have vacuumed and scrubbed and now our boat is all shiny and ship shape again!

Butch packed us a picnic lunch and we'll be on our way here in just a minute.  No baby today, no schedule to keep, just us out on the lake doing whatever we want!  Heaven!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 5/1/13 5:05 am

Vickie....please go out an soak up some rays for me!!! 

Enjoy your wonderful sunshiny day...a picnic....that sounds heavenly!!

Love to you my friend...hugs...connie d

Judy G.
on 5/1/13 2:53 am - Galion, OH

Quick stop in today...1st of the month and rents are due...not many are coming in right now either. Sighs...seems all I am getting are letters telling me they are moving out in 30 days or sooner due to ill health!!! I get one apartment filled two become empty it seems!!! So depressed right now. Alot of my good tenants are beconing ill and needing a nursing home or being with family members to care for them. So sad. Why does it always seem to be the nice ones that get sick?

Weather here is 75* and sun is out. Time for Bandits walk to go potty then back to work for me.

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 5/1/13 5:08 am

Hello Judy....I am sorry the good tenants have to go...that is sad. Hope you get some more nice people to take their place!

Love you ...hugs....connie d

ksponaugle
on 5/1/13 4:28 am - WV

Good Afternoon Girls,

Connie : sounds like I need to come to MN,I LOVE Roast Beef!  I don't eat a lot of beef anymore but once in a while I indulge.

Vickie: I am so jealous!  I was looking forward to being in TX next week and my trip got bumped back to June, but I know my cousins pool will be ready to jump in wen I get there!  lol  Have fun and don't get too much sun!

Judy:  I'm so sorry to hear you are losing good tenants.  I know its hard to find new ones that are just as good.  Our neighbor died suddenly a few years ago and his house set empty for a little over two years before someone bought it.  We were worried to death about what kind of neighbors we would get but thank God, we have a great neighbor again. I pray you are abl to find good tenants soon!

I just got home from a long day of testing, started at 8 this morning and only got 3 kids tested, but I finished up at one school. I am still sad at the loss of my friend I retired with last year, and I have another der friend in CCU right now fighting fr her life.  It's so disheartening at times.  I know life must go on, but it seems that so many of my friends are sick and dying.  I just want to live every day to the fullest and enjoy what I am doing! Hopefully after surgery, my husband and I will be able to do all the things we have talked about doing and actually feel good doing them!

Take Care all and tell the ones you love that you love them!

hugs

Karen

Connie D.
on 5/1/13 5:13 am

Karen...you can come and share my roast beef anytime!

Still praying for your friends and families that have lost or are losing the battle with cancer. It is very disheartening!

Remember to take time for YOU!! Don't do anymore then you are able to handle. I know how much you love your work. Life is just too short. I look forward to hearing of the adventures you and your hubby take after your surgery!!

Love and lots of hugs....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 5/1/13 6:22 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Connie and my OFF family:

Getting on here late because of my doc's appointment this morning. He wants me to do another sleep study. He thinks sleep apnea might be why I have been gaining weight so rapidly. OK, we'll try that. Don't think so but we'll try it. Anyway, he said in the meantime, get a fan. So I'm waiting for the sleep doc to set up an appointment.

Had a nice day yesterday ... saw "42" ... got a free popcorn (small) and a free large pop (for my birthday ... it was good the whole month of April) and the movie cost $4.50. Such a good deal. Then I bought a rotisserie chicken and some salad and came home. Chicken was so good. Meant to have it today again but by the time I got home I didn't have much time between eating and getting ready for work (I'm here to work an OT shift). Went to the chiro before I came in; got there a little late because my IBS decided to kick in, too. Yuck! Feel like crap. Hope it goes away soon.

Well, hope this is an easy night. I'm doing our Kentucky sister paper. Small section and not a lot of pages to do. I'm hoping my doing this will pay off not only in money but also in the time off I want later this month.

Have a good day. Stay warm, Connie ... stay cool, Vickie. Don't get too down, Judy.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 5/1/13 10:52 am - Cibolo, TX

Connie, somehow I missed that it is Carrie's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Carrie!

Vic

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 5/1/13 3:06 pm

Vickie....my daughters birthdays are easy to remember....Jamie on Halloween and Carrie on May Day!!

I will pass the wishes on to Carrie....thank you!

Love and hugs....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views