Super Saturday

Ready2goNOW
on 8/29/15 4:52 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I am about to head out to yard sale, but wanted to stop in since I did not make it yesterday! I was so tired for some reason my afternoon nap lasted 4 hours! That put me behind the rest of the day.

Trish, congratulations on your surgiversay! That kind of news always makes a pre-op like me feel good...especially when you report having a pretty smooth ride (no major complications) that indicate it works if you work it! I need that encouragement!

Carla, glad you 'escaped' the hospital! Sorry you will need a revision. Any kind of surgery is always of concern and an interruption to the life we want to live.

Connie, glad to hear you were feeling so much better yesterday! I hope it continues and you get a break! Weren't you scheduled to see your doctor this past week? If so, I may have overlooked what you said...

Arlene, when I went thru your FB page I did not see a 'boring' lady w/a 'boring' life, but rather one who has many ppl who love her and enjoy her company! You & Carla be safe w/this hurricane...sounds like it may be a tough one.

Mary, speaking of FB I sent a friend request! Hope things are settling down on your homefront and you are tackling some things on your list. I am still muddling through a lot of stuff.

Jeannie, Francine, Judy...hope all is well w/you guys & you enjoy your weekend.

Vickie, you continue to be in my prayers. May be overstepping my bounds, but you may want to consider an anti-depressant to help you get through the next several months. They will be challenging, and you were already wore down enough by the past year. Take care of yourself. Try not to get overwhelmed.

Okay, off I go. Have a great day!

Kathy

Mary Gee
on 8/29/15 5:59 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hi Ladies!

Jim got released yesterday afternoon.  I'm not sure how things are going to work out - we'll see how it goes.  He does not "function" well, and most times seems confused.  It makes it difficult - he sees his liver doctor 9/3, and we'll have to see if he's able to stay here or if he needs rehab care.

Taylor is here for the weekend....an unplanned visit.  Love her dearly, but this isn't the best time to have her.  She's used to Jim spending most of his time in the bedroom, so that doesn't bother her.  But I have to keep running down to him to help him, so it takes the attention away from her.

I've got to run out to get Jim's many new prescriptions -- will have to take Taylor with me, and leave Jim alone because I need the meds when his visiting nurse gets here.  I don't like leaving Jim alone in case he falls, but can't leave Taylor with him.

Still haven't caught up with posts from last few days, will try to do that later and post again.  In the meantime, have a good dag ladiesl

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 10:38 am

Hello Mary...I am so sorry you are loaded down with so much to do. In a way it might be good to have Taylor there. She does distract you from all the rest. At least she isn't a baby that needs a lot of attention. She can do so much on her own. I keep praying for you and Jim. I do hope the doctor puts Jim in a care facility. He really needs so much more then you can provide. 

I am glad you managed to get Jim's medications. I hope Jim stayed in bed. All he would need is to fall and break a hip to something!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and pray all goes well the next few days until 9/3. 

Love and hugs to you...connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 8/29/15 1:23 pm

Mary, you are really in a difficult situation.

My dad had 'multi-organ failure' after his open heart surgery in the 90's. His liver & kidneys caused a condition where he was very foggy and forgetful. I can't remember the name, but it had something to do with his bilirubin levels in his liver.

As hospitals started doing back then they discharged ASAP b/c of insurance. (And he had 3 insurances!) Anyhow, after we got him home his confusion was so bad mom tried to get him re-admitted to the hospital or care facility. Neither would take him b/c his insurance dictated he had to go directly to a 'stepdown' facility from the hospital. (Rehab or care center.)

So my mom was screwed for awhile b/c she had made the decision to have him come home where she felt he would be most comfortable while he recovered w/visiting nurse services. He did wind up going back in the hospital for a mini-stroke after that & then into rehab.

So check out your insurance & be pushy if necessary. It is very difficult to try to care for someone who you can no longer trust to be left alone due to confusion, memory problems, etc.

I really, really feel for you!

Kathy

Judy G.
on 8/29/15 6:23 am - Galion, OH

Morning OFF family...

Well it seems the little "princess" is now needing daddys help in finding a job and wanted to know if we could use her here!!!!! OH HELL NO!!!!!!! He told her nothing here and even if we did it was a 2 hour drive one way!!!!! I asked him if her felony was off her record...he didn't know. Plus I told him she didn't have the attitude for a job like we had to handle one anyhow!!!! He agreed!!!!!! Just who does she think she is anyhow??? Poor baby!!!!!! Plus she is PG again and now needs a job...she HAD a good job but got into a fight with another girl and lost that job. TOO BAD LITTLE GIRL...GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow nothing big happening here. Just tired is all. Went to the grocery store last night so we didn't have to deal with it this weekend. Rick is going to smoke some chicken and see how that comes out. Not sure if we will like it or not. Was cheap enough. 87 cents a pound for some thighs. Sounded good to us so we bought some. Also got some baby back ribs and he will also smoke those.  

Had the tenants Bingo yesterday and we talked about the Halloween party...they seem to be getting excited about it!!! Usually have a pretty good turn out. Sounds like more will be dressing up this time!! I hope so!!! Bingo was fun had 9 people show up and had enough food...lol. One winner won $25 off her scratch off lottery ticket!!! So word gets out about that maybe more will come?? LOL.

Need to do dishes today...seems the birds and Bandit won't do them while we are working...darn animals...they just loaf around and do nothing all day long and expect us to do everything for them day in and day out.

Well that's about it for me today...need to check out FB then see what I can get into...haha

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!!! Especially Vicki!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 8/29/15 6:40 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi Judy!  We posted at the same time.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 10:44 am

Hello Judy...OMGoodness...all you would need is the little princess around there. I am so glad you said no!!! She would be getting into more trouble then it would be worth. You made the right choice!!

I hope your chicken turns out good. Low heat and a longer time and they will be great!! I love chicken on the grill!!!

I am glad Bingo went well. I really hope you have a better turnout and people wear costumes this Halloween. That is always fun!!

Love you much...hugs...connie d 

poegirl100
on 8/29/15 6:38 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Kathy and Mary and all my sistas,

Mary, I'm sorry for the situation you are in with Jim.  It is difficult to be the caregiver, even when you are totally devoted to the patient and they are trying to help themselves as much as possible.  I'm sorry Jim is being so difficult.  I think you must just go on and take Taylor with you and try not to worry.

Kathy, you sound busy and cheerful today.  Will Jazz be shopping the yard sale with you?

I am up and functioning this morning, although I have a headache again.  However I did sleep a bit more last night.  I took a melatonin pill called MidNite around 8 p.m.  These melt in your mouth and it says you can take up to 2 in a 24 hour period.  So I took the first one at 8, had a bubble bath, then took my ambien around 9:30, and boy did I drop off fast!  But, as usual, I woke up around 1 a.m.  But I had placed another MidNite pill on my nightstand, so I took that and was able to drift back off to sleep for an hour or so at a time.  I kept waking up throughout the night, but I made it to 6 a.m. before I got out of bed. 

Here's a pic of the sunrise off my back porch this morning.  I wish I had a better camera.  The sun was the most impressive ball of RED, but that doesn't show up in the picture.  This is the view looking out over the golf course.  

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.  I truly do not feel emotionally strong enough to put in another day at the lake house, especially on my own.  This is going to sound like whining (okay, maybe it IS whining a bit), but it's funny how everyone says they "love" me, but no one is really willing to help me do this task.  To her credit, Chris did come for a couple of hours yesterday, but here it is a 3 day weekend and did Carrie offer to come down and help?  Did my mom offer to go with me and help?  NO.  As usual, when they need help, I drop everything and come running.  When I need help?  Well, actions speak for themselves, now don't they?

I found my ice cream maker at the lake house yesterday and brought it home with me.  I'm thinking it might be fun to make homemade ice cream with the boys this weekend.  This is one of those countertop models that are so easy to use.  

I am slowly working my way through my filing cabinet drawers.  I want to sell my two drawer oak filing cabinet.  I really don't have a place for it.  There are so many things in there that I can throw out.  I'm trying to condense it all down to the one filing cabinet drawer I have in my desk.

And maybe I'll just sew today if my headache will let up.  I need to finish my cushions on the back porch.  That might be my goal for the weekend.  I truly do not feel up to seeing any more well meaning neighbors at the lake, and the neighborhood will be full of "weekenders" this weekend because of the holiday.  I'd rather stay here and hibernate unless my daughters have a change of heart and come to help me.  

Thinking about all of you.  Prayers said for everyone.  Love you all!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 8/29/15 7:07 am - Danforth, ME

Vickie-  if you can wait another month as soon as my move is delivered I will come down and help you with house.  Cindi B

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 10:55 am

Hello Vickie....I agree...stay away for the lake...too many "weekenders" there, especially this weekend!

I think it is nice of Cindi to volunteer to help you out in about a month. At least you won't be alone! If you can wait that long.

I think the boys will love making ice cream!! Most kids really enjoy that.

I am sorry about the trouble sleeping. Are you still taking the Thrive? Maybe that amount is too much for your body. I am not sure. I guess I would ask. My doctor won't let me take it because of my other medications. I know it is herbal and should be safe. I have to follow her advice.

I hope you do get to work on sewing those cushions and things. You will be so happy to have it completed. 

You might want to ask your girls why they feel you can do everything yourself? Maybe they just aren't thinking clearly. As for you mom...we know the answer to that.

I love you much!! I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love and many hugs my sweet friend...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views