Happy Tuesday Middle Of The Night!

Cindy P.
on 9/1/15 1:28 am

Well, another night of feeling wide awake!  I am glad I see my PCP on Wednesday.  I'm going to talk to her about trying something new for sleep and also for anxiety.  I don't know her that well -- so wish me luck.  I don't want her to think I am med shopping -- but I need some help here!!

The house is quiet and dark.  I try to do things that aren't noisy and won't interfere with my hubby's sleep.  Usually, that means I go on f/b to see what's new and come here to OFF to read posts and such.  Thank the Lord for computers and the internet!!!!

Our deck is FINISHED.  I may have mentioned that in another post but I am so happy I am sure you can "feel" the smile on my lips through cyber space.  I am doing the happy dance for sure.

I hope you are enjoying a restful night's sleep.

Cindy P.

P.S.  I will take pics of the deck tomorrow and try my luck at posting them.  I'll have to go through previous posts to find Vickie's tips and tricks for posting pics here.

Mary Gee
on 9/1/15 4:57 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Cindy - I hope you have luck with your doctor getting the meds you need.  With my PCP, it's like pulling teeth to get anything.  I take Xanax for anxiety 0.5 mg. "as needed".  Problem is, if I take one pill it helps my anxiety by knocking me off my feet.  So it "helps" with sleep - but I seldom take it because if I take it at 11:00 p.m. I would not be able to drive until the next afternoon, and I can't risk that - I need to be able to drive.

Jim is back in ICU -- getting transfusions because he's loosing blood due to bloody bowel movements.  Had been re-admitted to a general medical room, but his condition has worsened. The doctors say they are still optimistic.  I got a phone call at 5:00 p.m. letting me know his condition changed - I drove to the hospital immediately, but did not get to see him until 10:30 p.m. because they were "working" on him.  I was only able to spend about 15 minutes with him, then they asked me to leave because they were going to put a tube down his nose into his stomach so they could give him his medication that way.  He opened his eyes a few times, so I know that it was going to be a struggle to get the tube inserted.

Please keep the prayers coming.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

seasheleyes
on 9/1/15 6:21 am - Manteca, CA

The naso-gastric tube is the worst....I have fresh memories. 

Cindy P.
on 9/1/15 8:35 am

Mary, I am praying for Jim and for you and your family.  It just doesn't seem that things are going well at all for him.  What did his colonoscopy show?

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 9/1/15 1:51 pm

Hello Mary...I have you and Jim added to my prayer list...I say it every morning and evening. I am sorry he isn't doing well. I am glad the doctors are keeping hopeful. Working on him in ICU for 5 1/2 hours is a long time. He really must have been bad. I am so glad that didn't happen when you were home with him and Taylor.  Those tubes are no fun but they sure work well when it is really  necessary.  I hope he is doing better by now.

Try talking with your doctor about that Anxiety med and how it really makes you feel drugged all day. There might be another one that won't be so hard on you. With all that is going on around you, you need that medication!! Would it help if you took it at 7:00 or 8:00PM? 

I hope you managed to get your tires today. I would love to know that tonight would be a better sleeping night for you. On less stress on your mind.

Love you...take care...hugs....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 9/1/15 1:58 pm - Evansville, IN

Mary, so sorry to hear about Jim, but not surprised. It sounds like he hasn't taken care of himself for a long time, no matter what you've done. It's a lot like my SIL's mom; she was very healthy when she was living with my brother and his wife but she wanted to move into the retirement village with her friends (it was independent living). Then she quit taking her meds regularly and in less than two years, she was dead (strokes, heart attack). If people don't want to help themselves, there's nothing you can do. 

I have a script for Xanax, too, since the attack by whathisname. I've taken three of them. One I took when I was at work after I read a rape story. I was so shook up, I was having problems continuing working. I couldn't leave work ... so I took a pill. I was fine after that and didn't feel sleepy (probably all the caffeine I drink). Took the pill about 8 p.m. and drove home at 11:30.

Swinging chickens for you and Jim. Hope everything turns out OK.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 9/1/15 2:11 pm

Hello Eileen....you are right...if someone doesn't care about themselves...you just can't do much about it! I too hope Jim will be okay. It isn't sounding very good. I am so worried about Mary.

I am glad you have that Xanax for difficult times. Good thing it works so well for you too.

Have a good evening....love and more hugs to you...connie d

Jo W.
on 9/1/15 5:44 am - Owosso, MI

cindy I sleep an average of 2-3 hrs nightly.   this is norm for me for the past 40+ years.  Just simply a nonsleeper.     I hate being awake in the middle of the night!!

Cindy P.
on 9/1/15 8:33 am

It is awful being awake all night.  I finally slept from 3 a.m. to about 6 a.m. -- but fitfully -- the kind of sleep where you keep waking to look at the clock and then say to yourself "is that all the later it is?".  It has been common for me to go to bed at 11:30 p.m. and wake up about an hour later and feel wide awake and then sit up and fall asleep.  What has been abnormal is for me to feel wide awake from the get-go.

Cindy P.

Ready2goNOW
on 9/1/15 9:10 am

Have you ever had a sleep study done? Especially since you had WLS?

I have moderate to severe sleep apnea. I was told to get one done by my cardiologist b/c of my A-fib b/c of the connection between the 2 conditions.

I went thru a period where I had difficulty falling asleep, but once out thought I was getting my 6-7 hours. But the sleep study showed I was frequently waking up during the night although I was unaware of it. I am on the C-pap machine & I definitely feel an improvement in falling asleep & waking up feeling rested.

Maybe a sleep study would rule out any obvious problems & they could explore other reasons for why you are going through it. Although I hear as we age we require less sleep...

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views