Hi new here! From PEI

kim_pei
on 9/5/15 4:55 pm - Canada

Hi everyone.  I had an rny May 26/15 and things are going well. Just looking to chat with people my own age about their experiencess.

Kim

cindibarre
on 9/5/15 7:07 pm - Danforth, ME

Welcome Kim-  Tell us a bit about yourself.  How are you doing with the Weight Loss.  Cindi B

kim_pei
on 9/5/15 1:53 pm, edited 9/6/15 1:46 pm - Canada

Hi Cindy and thank you for the welcome.  I am 50, divorced, empty nester of 5 beautiful kids and had my RNY May 26/15 in New Brunswick a neighboring province.  It took a few years to go through the process.  I had a slow recovery and was off work for 3 months.  I hemorrhaged after surgery and because they had fixed a large hernia and an re-flux repair I had a lot of unexpected breathing issues for a week.  But that is all behind me..  Back to work and have lost 72 lbs so far.  The lifestyle diet is going along.  I eat and do shakes and make sure everything is on target.  No issues yet except hair loss.   I have increased my protein and seeing a specialized hairdresser that does treatments for hair loss.  I am fine with it all and am very pleased how it all turned out.

I am looking for ideas for food boredom lol....I have not strayed much from what I have been eating and love new ideas!

Judy G.
on 9/6/15 5:54 am - Galion, OH

Hi Kim and WELCOME to OFF!!!! Come join us each day on the daily thread and post along with us!! We chat like a bunch friends (which we are!!) and talk about our lives and whats happening in them!!

I had my RNY back in Oct of 2006 and my only regret was not doing it sooner!!! LOL

All of us here will be more than happy to help you any way we can with any questions you have no matter how silly you may think they are!!! (and NO question IS by the way!! )

Hope to see you here ALOT!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 9/6/15 8:34 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi Kim and welcome to OFF (Over Fifty Forum).  We love new members to join our wacky group. 

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 9/6/15 10:18 am - Perry, MI

Hi Kim,

I'm Trish, divorced.  I had my surgery, RNY, in August 2006.  I'm divorced, and have three kids all in their 30's.  I'm living in Michigan, transplanted from the Philadelphia, PA area.  We are a loving, caring bunch of friends.  Glad you joined us.

I had some hair loss my first year post-op, but then it stopped, and I think most of it came back.  My only regret is picking up sugar 15 month post-op.  Damn addiction, that's what it is.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

kim_pei
on 9/6/15 8:52 pm - Canada

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Looking back at the beginning.. after you started eating regularly...what are some meal plan suggestions you would make.  I am struggling as I can only eat fish and chicken and have a relatively plain diet.  I am so bored with what I am eating now.

Breakfast...oatmeal, cream of wheat, an egg or a shake

Lunch soup, chicken and salad or a shake

supper soup, chicken fish veg or a salad

snacks are greek yogurt with a little fruit, a shake, left over chicken

I am so bored of eating this stuff and it seems everything I used to love makes me sick now...I always loved anything garlic and hummus but cant do it now.

Thanks,

Kim

cindibarre
on 9/7/15 10:26 am - Danforth, ME

Kim-

When I first started eating solid food again I had to take it easy.  I slowly added spices and experimented with which spices went down ok.  I found that I could tolerate tomato sauces well so started with those.  I did a ricotta cheese bake with oregano and tomato sauce as one of my meals.  Now I've graduated to spaghetti squash baked.  I add fresh tomatos, fresh mozarella, chicken sausage (garlic roasted) and fresh basil.  It's kind of a margharita style bake using the spaghetti squash for my noodles.  I always had sweet potatoes baked and in the freezer.  Nuke them and sprinkle with cinnamon.

The key is to learn what your pouch can handle.

Of course I'm not a success at this surgery, I've regained most of my weight back because I stopped listening to my stomach and continued to eat.  So my most important advise is listen to(feel) your stomach.  

There is a forum that discusses food ideas all the time.

Finally, if you want to get people to answer your questions, suggest that you post them in the daily thread.  Most people don't go back and re-read the threads.

Hang in there and start with baby steps on spices.  Here's one of my favorite recipes lately.  In fact I had it for dinner last night.  Take a chicken cutlet (chicken breast cut across the width) and beat with meat mallet until thin.  Pan sear with olive oil and garlic.  Set aside when brown.  In a cast iron skillet (or toaster oven) heat cherry tomatoes with oregano until they burst.  Chop some fresh basil.  Layer basil on top of chicken cutlet, add burst tomatoes and cover with fresh mozarella.  Margharita pizza without the carb crust.  You can also do a mexican version of this using cumin and pico de gallo.

Cindi

poegirl100
on 9/7/15 11:16 am - Cibolo, TX

Kim, don't fight it, embrace it!  Your "honeymoon" period only lasts a short while.  Make the most of it you can right now.  All too soon the "bad" foods will start sneaking back in on you.  You are doing great!  Just be patient with the process and don't rush the foods.  

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views