Super Saturday

Ready2goNOW
on 10/31/15 6:39 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I better check in since our good friend Connie was asking about me on my FB page despite her having a rough day when she had colonoscopy. Gotta love the girl!

As I told her not much going on here...feel like I'd bore everyone with the details of my boring life.

My pureed diet is going well although I am feeling some hunger pangs. I have been able to manage, but don't understand when I am getting over 80 grams of protein and my required water. I don't think it is head hunger...bc geez...800 calories max a day doesn't' t cut it. Hopefully when I return to a regular diet this will go away.

My daughter, Jazz and I are heading to Goodwill this morning. They are having a 75% off statewide sale. I need to get some clothes...they are starting to sag and bag.

Then Jim and I will do groceries and chores around house and probably watch a movie as Jazz will be overnights at her mom's.

I continue to fill out online job applications, but no responses yet. I am really antsy to go back to work.

Vickie, sorry you had such a rough week, but you are making such major progress even if you don't feel it. Just not with getting tasks done, but facing things that hurt and barreling thru them. Your duvet is going to be beautiful...the pattern resembles mine, but mine has a soft green base...

Eileen, that ongoing pain is a bigger. it sucks your options for treatment seem limited. I hope they can find something to give you some relief.

Carla, glad you made it home safely. Poor Carl...it's gotta be hard to admit to himself he is no longer capable of driving. My poor dad fought us...sneaking the car while we were out and then calling us bc he was lost...smh...we finally had to take the battery out of the car bc he kept finding spare keys!

Cindi B..you are getting a lot of rain and a tornado watch...be careful!

Cindy, I love reading how you take care of your dog. Love mine to death...

Trish, run..run..run...I get out of breath reading your posts...lol...

Arlene & Yvonne...good to see you posting more often...

Jeannie, hope your allergies have calmed down and you are feeling better...

Okay, I need to head out. Everyone have a great Saturday!

Kathy

Patricia R.
on 10/31/15 8:39 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Kathy and OFF,,

Kathy, I run, then crash. I haven't found balance. Probably never will at my age. You, my dear, are too hard on yourself. Sip, sip, sip. Pace yourself. If you are having hunger pangs at 3 hours after eating, you probably are hungry. Talk to your nutritionist.

Today, I have a haircut, and sort of pedicure, since I can't have a full one. Then, I have to get ready for Trick-or-Treaters. I have to paint one of my pumpkins teal, to communicate that I'm giving out nonfood items for kids with allergies. Plus, the outside light by my front door is full of leaves. I have to clean that out.

I made a goody bag for my Munchkins, with a Tootsie Pop, a Halloween pencil, and loads of stickers. Stickers, pencils and Tootsie Pops are also available for the goblins who visit, just not to the extent that my Munchkins are getting. I went a little overboard for them.

Must scoot.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 10/31/15 2:05 pm

Hello Trish...have a fun night with your munchkins and all the other children!!

A haircut and a pedicure of any kind would feel great. I need to get my hair trimmed next week. I have to make an appointment. I do my own manicures and pedicures. I figure as long as I can I will. My toenails are always RED...my favorite color!! I have been painting them RED since I was probably 14 years old!!

Have a good time...love you...hugs....connie d

Patricia R.
on 10/31/15 4:03 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Connie,

My Munchkins were just here, and they have been my only goblins, because it is raining.

I wish I could do my own pedicures. Problem is, I have what are called egg shell nails, where they curl. I can't see the end of each toenail, except the big toe. So, I can't see where I'm cli

Love you.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 10/31/15 4:09 pm

Trish....they look wonderful!!! I bet they had fun!!

I swear they are growing so fast...how can you keep up with their clothes!!

Love and more hugs....connie d

poegirl100
on 11/1/15 6:13 am - Cibolo, TX

Cute, cute, cute! I'll bet they had fun in spite of the rain!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 10/31/15 9:22 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well we had the Halloween party yesterday for the tenants. Had a dozen people show up. A couple canceled due to being sick. Had a good time. Got everything cleaned up and got home hurting big time...first thing I loaded up in my car to take over in the morning I hurt my back!!! In pain all day!!! CRAP!!!!!! Got back to my office found 10 messages on my phone...all from tenants wanting to know if the party was still going...WTH????!!!!! How stupid to call and ask that!!! SMH...Anyhow was going to go to the bank but then I told Rick my back hurt so bad I was waiting til morning. Fine with him. Tried to play some games on FB...nope back was screaming!!!! So went to bed and fell asleep for a bit. Time to lock up...found lights on in the one apartment that Chase was working in...idiot forgot to turn lights off!!!!! Called Rick to come lock that up!!! He called him and gave him hell!!!! He didn't even lock that up!!!!! Got to club house where party was...found my Halloween banner on one wall was all torn up!!! WTH??!!! After the party someone went in and tore it!!!!!!!! WHY?????? WHO????? No idea!!!!!! I ripped both down and tossed them I was so mad!!!!!!! It was NOT torn when we had the party!!!!!! Monday I am calling my boss and letting her know what happened and see if that club house can be locked ALL the time and also see if laundry rooms can be locked earlier now since it gets dark earlier. I am sick and tired of all these damages and destruction! I do not think it was a tenant. Anyhow my back is still screaming this morning!!!!!!! Went by the chiro this morning but I do not like the Dr that is there today so we kept on going. I will go first thing Monday morning. If Matt or Joe was there we would have stopped. But Kevin was there and neither one of us like him.

Going to Bingo tonight but not sure if I can take all night playing. Going to try though. They will also be having the Halloween party tonight. Not staying for that. Rick is a party pooper. He won't even go. That's OK he costs too much...lol.

Well going to go see what's on FB...see how long I can play my games.

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

ArleneG
on 10/31/15 11:56 am

Oh Judy,

God bless you, lady, trying to make sense of nonsense at the apartment complex from hell. I would have lost my cool a long time ago.

Hope you didn't do anything serious to your back. Hope the pain gets better. And good luck at Bingo tonite.

Take care,

Arlene

Connie D.
on 10/31/15 1:45 pm

Hello Judy....I hope you can get some help for your back. You must be so miserable!! Sorry the other Chiropractors weren't working!

Well the Halloween party is over...even though some of your tenants don't get it!!!!! Otherwise it sounds like it went well.

Good luck at BINGO....I hope you can sit through it!! Tell Rick to quit acting like he is 85 years old. Two years ago I was having a blast at all kinds of Halloween gatherings...what a great time. I would still be there if I could!!! I still get invited even though I can't go. They even offer to come and get me. I wish more then anything I could be there. That is my fun time of year!! Dressing up and getting crazy!! Remind Rick that life is too short...we never know when our time will be....ENJOY IT while you still can!

Love you much...hugs....connie d

lightswitch
on 10/31/15 10:32 am

Kathy,

I remember those days of trying to get protein and water in. My doctor kept me on the clear liquids and then full liquids forever so when I finally got to move up to pureed foods, I was so happy. I, like so many others, lived on refried beans. I think I ate mashed up beans or peas every day for weeks and still do that. I also ate a lot of cream of wheat with some protein powder added. Those first few months when you begin transitioning from your post op diets to your regular diet is when you set the tone for how you will do because following those particular diet requirements has more than one function: obviously, you are letting your newly reconstructed insides heal but you are also learning how to live on food on not live for food. I know that sounds crazy but since I have changed the way that we eat, I have found myself eating less for fun and more for need, which makes food less important. When you analyze all of the food you eat in terms of giving you the most protein without hurting your pouch, you are reprogramming your brain to see food as a need and not a luxury. I think those of us who begin gaining weight after a few years forget that lesson so we start eating for fun again and for whatever reason, folks who have problems with over eating cannot let food be our entertainment or our comfort. Stay on those pureed foods for as long as you can and when you do get to eat a regular diet again, pick your food for fuel and not for taste...I swear it will make a big difference in your success. I know for a while we have all given you advice about what to do and to do but here are some things that I still do: 1) I still eat my meals from a saucer (baby plate); 2) I still set aside the amount of liquid I need a day and make sure I divide it between work and home so that I drink enough water; 3) I still divide the food that I get at the restaurant into food I will eat there and the food I will bring home; and finally, 4) I still plan my snacks like I do my meals. Also, don't start eating glider food and you will never have to break yourself of eating those foods and don't try sugary treats. I was one of the lucky ones who couldn't eat sweets but I didn't try them forever.

Don't ever feel like you need to apologize for posting...we get it...and that's the purpose of this board...

My allergies suck. My mouth has finally gone down. I should post a picture. It sucked.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views