Hump Day Wednesday

Ready2goNOW
on 11/4/15 7:24 am

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!

It is a warm and sunny morning here in Delaware and I plan to make the most of it! The weather being nice is one thing that helps with my energy levels and mood and the other is moving into the soft foods phase of my meal plan. (I refuse to call it 'diet!')

I appreciate all the feedback I got on how to handle various issues relates to ne a new post-op!

Jim and I drove up to Northeast Philly yesterday...a 2 hour drive...to look at handicapped vans for sale. The transmission on his is getting ready to go so we HAVE to replace it. He can not walk further than a few steps so his wheelchair must go with him everywhere, and he requires one of those electric ramps to wheel in and out of the van. We found a very nice used one for under $6000 with only 67,000 miles on the odometer. So despite the financial setback I am happy for him. The one he has was an embarrassment for me to ride around in or be seen in...yes, I am a little snobby in that department...lol!

I am trying to be positive about all the good stuff, but I am really pissed about child support...an issue I should not have to worry about at my age. However, raising a grandchild while I was working and Jim on SSDI was hard enough, but this past 18 months it has been a struggle. The dad makes no effort to pay unless taken to court, and then we might get $50-100 bucks and that's it. My daughter has not worked due to her mental health issues in years, and she COULD do a few months at a time if she was motivated. But she doesn't....sigh. So anyhow, he was taken back to court and ordered to pay $1000 of his arrears last month. Guess what? My daughter got the arrears for the time she had Jazz, and we got ZERO! I am SO pissed!

Anyhow, I continue to apply for work and hope I can find someone to hire this old dog soon!

I have been reading the posts and as always the emotional pain Vickie and Mary are suffering thru makes my problems look like nothing. I much rather be in MY boat than theirs, and everytime I read about the tears and grief I just want to reach thru the computer and hug you both. I didn't realize Mary had been with Jim so long! Hard stuff. I do continue to pray every night for both of you! Focus on thos grandkids...I know Jazz has pulled me thru some tough times.

Speaking of grandkids I can understand Carla's need to go back and forth to Michigan to see Vinnie as often as possible. I believe she is your first and only grandchild? So special. I'd be doing the same thing plus trying to get them closer to where I live...

Connie, I cannot begin to believe that you feel like some sort of burden to this group. I figured out a long time ago you are the heart that keeps us all beating! We all love you, and you have so much to offer everyone. Unfortunately, depression steals our perspective of things and bulldozes our self-esteem! You need to keep coming back for us as well as for you. I told you my life is pretty damn boring compared to jet-setters like Carla and Trish or like Judy's funny farm stories or Jeannie's travels and job experiences, but hell...we aren't here to compare ourselves...we are here to be friends and support one another.

DON'T YOU DARE DISAPPEAR!!!

Look at Arlene since you encouraged her to visit more frequently! I love reading her posts...she strikes me as some of the Philly and Jersey Italian girls I knew who were full of love and great common sense. And I LOVE her 'as the apartment turns' updates as much as Judy's about the funny farm!

Julia, I liked what you had to say about basically 'keeping it real.' I think when Cindi B. disclosed her weight gain and struggles she was very brave to take that step. But I do think that from even behind the guard of a computer screen it is hard to talk about some things...we'll see how things go!

Eileen, hope you continue to feel improvement since your shot. I cannot imagine having to sit at my job with that kind of pain as I used to get it in my shoulders so bad I could barely type.

Well, off I go! Love to all!

Kathy

Eileen Briesch
on 11/4/15 8:06 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Kathy and my OFF family to come:

I didn't get on to post yesterday. I was so tired. I did read all the posts later at night but it was on my tablet and it's hard to post on the tablet. I was so sorry to read about Vickie's ongoing grief and Mary's ongoing grief. Wish I could do something to help you both get through it. I don't know if there is anything but to take baby steps through each day. I believe in the power of this group and also in talking it out. So if you ever need to talk, I'm here. Talking always helps me.

I went to the Y yesterday, then voted in the municipal election and then home. Should've done laundry but I was too tired. Napped, then Gary and I went to dinner. Still tired. I want to go to the Y today too but I have a headache and the Imitrex isn't working right now. I may stay home and do laundry. I have an appointment with my new chiro. I hope he can help with my shoulder. If not, I will call my ortho group and see someone about it there.

Right now, laundry is winning out. Headache is not going away.

Sorry your daughter got the child support you should have gotten. I can't imagine how tight things are. I know I struggle every month to make ends meet.

Oh, and Gary appears to have the job. He seems happy.

Well, got to go. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 11/4/15 8:24 am - Cibolo, TX

Kathy, I haven't said this before, but I love your posts! You are so wise and grounded and you write so beautifully. I love the insights you offer into all of our daily struggles. So glad to call you "sista"!

Vickie 

Ready2goNOW
on 11/9/15 6:10 am

Thank you for the compliment, Vickie!

It'd be nice if I had half the wisdom that you have creative talent...and my writing has gone downhill since the advent of texting and FB. Poor spelling and incorrect sentence construction used to bother the hell out of me b/c I majored in English for awhile...now I am embarrassed when I proofread some of my stuff...lol!

Nice to have a Southern girl cozy up to a Northerner...lol!

Love ya! 

Kathy

poegirl100
on 11/9/15 6:34 am - Cibolo, TX

LOL Kathy!  I have never had so many "Yankee" friends before and I love each and every one of you dearly! 

You probably don't know that I taught English do you?  I have the same issues you do, but I try to have a sense of humor about it.  Some of my friends already call me a grammar Nazi. I THINK they mean it as a term of endearment.  LOL!  Sometimes I lapse into "Texan" just to be one of the crowd.It makes my friends laugh. 

Love you sista! 

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 11/4/15 8:29 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sweet sistas,

Only popping on for a minute. I'm on my way to the fabric store. I decided that I just cannot handle another super emotional week, so I'm sewing. I nearly finished Budder's little Forget-Me-Not bear yesterday, but I'm out of polyfill. So I have to go to JoAnn's anyway, and I have a great coupon. I've sorted through some of my patterns and have a long list of things I want to shop for. A trip to the fabric store is so therapeutic for me! Also studying patterns and figuring out what I need and what I want to make take me out of my head and make me forget about my troubles for awhile.

I think I have worked out my next baby quilt. Or I guess I should say "Little Boy Quilt" since this one is for Budder. My baby is two and I still have never made his baby quilt! Christie wants a "Fox and Woodland Animals" theme, so I'm going to look and see what I can find. Probably going to applique the foxes. A new challenge.

I'll check back in later. Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 11/4/15 9:15 am

Good morning Kathy my sweet SUNSHINE!!!!!

I just want you to know how much I care about you and your family. I think about you and pray all will work out for you. That Van sounds pretty nice.

I am sorry about the child support issues. Why doesn't he pay through the county? They take it right out of their checks. I can feel your frustration. Back in my days there wasn't a program through the county. Either he paid or didn't. He chose.. didn't!! Even after a court order to pay $8000 in arrears....NOTHING. The owes me and my daughters about $36,000. He chose to not see them. He ignored paying. Now he has become to good daddy!! Still never gives them anything. However he owns a nice house and car. He also has property and camper on lakefront property. I have nothing...I shouldn't say that...I have my girls and grandchildren!!

I too am so happy to see Arlene posting more!! She is so sweet and kind to all of us!! Yvonne has been on a bit more too!! She is just as sweet and caring!

It breaks my heart when I hear the pain and heartache Vickie and Mary are going through. I too feel helpless to help them.

Today is my cleaning fairy day. She is scheduled at 1:00 but usually gets done early at her previous client's, then she comes here earlier.

I am very weak today so I will sign off now...I LOVE YOU!

I am still thinking about what to do as far a things here go. Thank you for the kind words!!

I wish you a lovely day...hugs...connie d

Connie D.
on 11/4/15 9:41 am

Good morning Everyone....

Vickie....I am glad you are back to sewing. It is so therapeutic for you. Have a fun time shopping and sewing. I continue keep you in my prayers. I know you are struggling right now. YOU!

Eileen...it is so unfair that you are still in pain and so fatigued. Fibro has been hell this year for everyone. We don't get many breaks. I keep you in my prayers always. It is nice that Gary found a job he likes. It is good that he can get out in the public again. That can brighten his day!!

As for me..... I have nothing planned except my cleaning fairy coming today. I have 10 large Bell Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow and Orange) a large bunch of celery and 2 large onions for her to cut up. She can do them much quicker then I can. I will be freezing most of them.

I will be doing the usual movies and coloring as I can. Maybe some reading, but I am extremely groggy today. One step at a time.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!! I love you all!!

Prayers for our amazing OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for some in need.

Much love and bunches of hugs to all.....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 11/4/15 10:00 am - Evansville, IN

Connie, I'm glad you can find time to rest and color. My brother and I are going to watch "Spy" today ... it's a comedy starring Melissa McCarthy. My brother has seen it but I haven't. I don't know if it's on Netflix yet. He's getting it through Redbox. Have you watched "Call the Midwife"? You would love it.

Hope you feel better.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 11/4/15 1:57 pm

Eileen...yes I have watched The Midwife....I absolutely love it!!! It is definitely a favorite of mine!!

I love Melissa McCarthy....she just amazes me!! I want to watch "Spy" but I have no way to get to or from Redbox. I will have to wait until it is on Netflix.

Love you...hugs....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views