It's Wednesday, right?

Ready2goNOW
on 11/18/15 5:27 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I just wanted to do a quick check-in while I had the chance. I have been missing my group even though I do read daily. I just haven't had the time to respond...

First, I did want to say to Vickie I found your pics earlier this week to be amazing. I have to agree both your daughters are gorgeous, and it is wonderful that the families can come together to celebrate Butch.I have a new found respect for all the running around you have had to do and continue to have to do regarding Butch's death. It is a lot! And the funny stories about your mom crack me uo although I am sure you don't find them so humorous at the time!

Mary, I have not forgotton for a minute you also lost your spouse and also are in mourning. It seems you are keeping extra busy and spending time with friends with is good for the soul. I tend to isolate which I know is not very healthy! I wish I could have been closer to help with the outside lawn work as I love it. We would have had a blast!

Connie, I was so glad to see you responding to posts like you usually do. I take that as a good sign! As well as the excitement in your voice about the impending visit from your beloved Nic. It sounds like he spoils you, and we all need a young person in our lives who values us and does that.

Trish, hope all is going well for you. I will get you my address in the next few days for the Christmas cards.

Arlene, hope your drive went well. As always, your posts about your ex crack me up, but his problem with going to your daughter's wedding is really hurtful. I can only assume that at 72 he is too set in his ways to make any changes...too bad for him and all those who he affects. I also found your term 'the great unwashed' hilarious in terms of going to a relatives for Thanksgiving who is more financially blessed than you. I haven't heard that term in ages...lol. And I get what you mean because I was never able to obtain the level of success by siblings did...so my house, cars, gifts, and spending money was never in their stratosphere. But as I look back at the memories of my brother I realize none of them involve money. He spent as much time at my crappy house watching TV, sitting in a lounge chair during picnics and drinking a beer as I did at his half million dollar house eating steak and seafood, going out on his boat, driving around in his late model cars and drinking expensive mixed drinks.

Judy, I have been remiss about commenting about your mom for which I feel guilty. I remember when my mom became very ill and the terror you feel about possibly losing them even as a grown, older adult. You feel 6 again and hopeless. May God carry her thru this surgery!

Eileen, that voluntary separation sounded CHEAP! Glad you are not doing it! I would follow Mary's suggestion regarding disability thru work and then Social Security. I wish I had been able to hang in at my job and do it, but I had to get out. Best of luck!

Cindi B. all I can say is you are another amazing lady here!

Cindy P. and the ladies I have missed...I do read your posts, but I CRS right now...forgive me!

They are not able to bury my brother until Monday due to him having to have an autopsy due to dying at home and the veteran's cemetery only schedules 4 burials daily. I have been running back and forth to Wilmington...an hour north...to meet with my sister-in-law, niece and my sister to make the arrangements for the church service, obituary, luncheon and other things. On my days home I am scanning pictures, writing my remembrance, and shopping for our clothes. I will be posting his obit on my FB page probably later today.

Like I said...I miss everyone here and hope to get back regularly next week. I love you all!

Kathy

Eileen Briesch
on 11/18/15 8:48 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Kathy and my OFF family:

It's been pouring rain here again and my body is feeling it. Woke up with a headache again today and extra achy and tired. Not going to the Y, just going to try to get a box or two unpacked before going to my doc appointments later today. Really, all I want to do is sleep. 

Last night, I made Waikiki meatballs for dinner and after I got done eating while Gary was cleaning up, I sat in my recliner and snoozed ... for 45 minutes. I got up and Gary said to me, "I thought you were going to sleep all night." We had planned to watch a movie, which we did ... we watched "Catching Fire" so we could be prepared for Mockingjay Part II. 

Anyway, can't wait for the rainy weather to get past. It's getting me down. 

Sorry they can't bury your brother right away. 

Well,I think I need more coffee. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:28 pm

Hi Eileen,

Just saying hi, and sending love and wishes.

Sorry it is raining there. Here in Port St. Lucie (an hour north of Ft. Lauderdale), the weather has FINALLY cooled off. It was scorching hot since last May here. How I wish you could take early retirement. But as the saying goes, such is life. Why does it sometimes have to be so hard?

Take care, my dear. You are in my thoughts.

Sending love.

Arlene

Eileen Briesch
on 11/18/15 3:07 pm - Evansville, IN

Thanks Arlene. I'm used to living with my pain. Some days are diamonds, some days are stones, as John Denver sang. Today was a giant boulder. The back doc wants me to consider a neurostimulator. So I'm going to look into it. I have an appointment with my pain doc in December to schedule that. I was hoping we could get it done before the end of the year. But don't think that's going to happen. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

seasheleyes
on 11/18/15 10:00 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Kathy and all,

I really am sorry that you lost your brother Kathy. I lost mine when he was 36 and I was 37 and I thought my soul had died with him. I'm so glad that you are involved with planning his service. The tears and memories are so precious.

I'm getting ready for a bath and then I have a pampering appointment. I do this once  a month. I used to do a massage once a week when I was working to try to make my work less painful. I don't know if you remember but a few years ago I had a car accident that hurt my back and after that I slipped on a floor in my house and cracked my spine. That really did end my full time work as the massage once a week just didn't help the pain enough for the long hours I had to wor****pt the massage once a month just because it feels good to be touched...and the  facial is heaven too.

I hope you will all have a wonderful day! 

Julia

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:32 pm

Hi Julia,

Since my memory said goodbye to me one day (I am absent minded and sometimes put my car keys in the freezer), I answer each and every post.

Sorry about the back pain from your accident and the slip and fall. Hope the massage gives you plenty of relief.

Hope the facial goes well too. I have never had one.

Sending love your way,

Arlene

Connie D.
on 11/18/15 11:17 am

Hello our sweet Kathy...my Sunshine!!

Yes, Nic spoils me but then so do all my grandchildren. I am blessed!!

My cleaning fairy is here early. All I want to do is sleep. It is so cold and rainy. Temp will start dropping about 3 PM. It is only 43 now. It will be 28 tonight! 

It sure sounds like you will have a beautiful funeral for your brother. I continue to send prayers for you and your family. I love you!

As for me.... I am having a hard day today. These temps and the cold aren't good for me!! 

I am sorry I won't be answering everyone today. I am finding it hard to use my keyboard.

I love you all...I wish I could chat more. Take care of yourselves. You know how much I care!!

Sending prayers  for all my precious OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for some in need.

Lots of love and many hugs to all....connie d

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:34 pm

Dearest Connie,

We know when you do not post that you are in pain, so please do not fret.
You are one of the kindest caring people I know.

Hope that your pain is lessened, that by sending love and blessings it lessens even for a moment your pain.

Take care,

Arlene

yvonnef1964
on 11/18/15 12:28 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I came to the library today because the weather is supposed to turn cold and they are predicting snow on Saturday. If Im not here you will know why because of the weather.  I think of everyone every day. So we had the funeral on Monday, my uncle did a good job for the service.  Yesterday I went to the new Tanger outlet mall and got a couple things since I had coupon for 20% off.  I probably wont be going there in the winter because you have to walk outside to get to each store.  Other than that Im not much of anything.

Vickie that was a beautiful picture of your family.  Hope everything goes alright this week.

Connie sorry you are in so much pain today.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone.

Hugs and love,

Yvonne

ArleneG
on 11/18/15 1:38 pm

Dearest Yvonne,

Very sorry about your loss. Funerals are such a stressful, emotional events!

Sorry about the weather turning cold. I live in FL and the scorching heat has finally stopped. You're all invited to come down if you get sick enough of the cold. We here get sick to death of the heat in the summertime; it is so hot one can really fry an egg on the sidewalk.

Treat yourself well,

Sending love and good wishes,,

Arlene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!