Sunny Sunday

Ready2goNOW
on 2/7/16 7:03 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Well we have survived another teen slumber party! Jazz's mom did the majority of the supervision so I got to relax, enjoy, and go to sleep at a reasonable hour! The kids should be heading home soon.

I absolutely cannot have junk food around! I ate a couple oreo balls, 2 brownies and a piece of cake over the course of the evening! I hate my lack of control!

I have to get organized today as I want to get some tasks done before the warmer weather. I need an oil change and windshield wiper unit for my car..Carla, Jim is so into his car...like a teenage boy...mine gets neglected. But this is getting done this week.

I also want Jim to install new baseboards in the dining room and hallway where his wheelchair has damaged  them. And he needs to paint the bedroom door bc that is scraped from his chair...ugh!

I also have decided on how to decorate my wall behind my sofa. It has been bare since we moved in 3 year ago so time to get on it. I like to get all the inside stuff done while its cold out.

My middle daughter has been on a 3 week vacation in Thailand and returns this week. I am looking forward to seeing her when we all go to get our tattoos!

Work has been going okay, but I sure hate driving in the snow! We had this mini freak snowstorm Friday morning and there were areas of whiteouts again during the 6am darkness. Scary!

Anyhow, Vicky...can't wait for baby girl to make her appearance...wondering if she'll have red hair! I envy you all the excitement of a new baby being born!

Trish, hope all is well with you and that you are completely healed. It's been a long haul for you. I admire you thinking of others like with the Valentine project...and all the work you do for cancer.

Connie, so sad about your doggie. What a hole that leaves in our hearts! But I am glad to see you posting and glad you can keep your long term psychiatrist. History is so important!

Arlene, hope you have had a good wkend! Weddings often stir up alot of crap.

Jeannie, sorry about hubby! But even tho diet doesn't solve everything I was thinking as I read thru your post that all the changes you have made in your meal plans probably lessened bigger problems... especially given his are linked to digestive issues.

Hi Yvonne!

Judy, listen to all us girls and you will be fine. You know we are all scholars in the game of life...lol!

Cindy B. & Cindy P....where are you two? You are missed!

Linda, I enjoy reading your posts...very interesting life!

Well, wanted to stop in, but parents are coming to pick up their kids so off I go!

Love to all!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 10:30 am

You sound very busy or at least you are going to have Jim very busy. lol.  It must be spring or either we are all living vicariously through Carrie and nesting.  Everyone seems to be cleaning and/or decluttering.  But it does feel good to look at my cupboards and closets and actually  see what is in them.

Connie D.
on 2/7/16 1:13 pm

Good afternoon Kathy and everyone....

Kathy...always so good to see you here and starting the thread!!!

You are still my Ray of Sunshine....I am always smiling when I read your posts!! 

I am feeling better about Kippley,  I can't imagine going there and her not greeting me.  She was such a sweetheart. I know she is over The Rainbow Bridge with my dog Ikey the fabulous English Bulldog! 

Another slumber party....you have guts girl!! My daughters always had them too. They actually were a lot of fun. It was nice that Jazz's mom took over to chaperone.

I am having a hard time with sweets too. I always have. I really have to fight hard and then I lose out sometimes! I need to get in the right frame of mind to seriously handle no sweets. I feel like a lost cause most days!! I hope things get better fore real soon. Sending love and hugs sweetie!!

Your middle daughter will have so much to share with you aboutThailand. She is very fortunate to have been able to take that vacation. Good for her!!

It sounds like you will be keeping Jim busy for awhile!! You my dear after 3 years do need to get that wall done. Use crayons if you have too ...LOL!! I could send pictures of myself and you could hang them??? Just kidding!!! 

Love you much....gentle hugs....connie d

Connie D.
on 2/7/16 2:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone.....

I looked outside about 15 minutes ago and it was sleeting. I looked now and it has turned to a whiteout!! I heard we were going to get a storm later today. I hope it goes away soon!! 

I went shopping with a friend here at Benet Place. I got some really good deals. I had coupons and also a $15 off my purchase because I  spent $30. My second purchase I also had a $10 off my Buy One Get One Free Vitamins. I got 4 bottles of vitamins. I love to shop and get good deals. I rarely buy things I don't get a good deal on. It is a challenge to see how much I can save! No I am not one of those crazy coupon people. I jus****ch for coupons on the things I use. 

I also picked up a couple Valentines Day things for Gracie. A fun t-shirt with a Minion on it. The one with only one eye, it says, " I Only Have Eye (s) For You"!! She will love it, it is all sparkly and cute!! I put a few small candy treats in the box as well as Stormy!!

I went out to hang at the puzzle table for a little while. When the gossip starts about people that aren't there I leave. I want no part of that!

I am watching the Super Bowl like everyone else. It really doesn't matter to me which team wins this year. I don't have a favorite of these two teams. I wish them both a good game.

I am praying all is going well for Vickie and her Carrie. Anytime now there will be a sweet little Caralee to cuddle!

Prayers for our amazing OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need.

Lots of Love and many hugs to all...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views