Where are we Thursday

lightswitch
on 5/26/16 10:28 am

Hey Ladies,

Everyone is busy and I love it. I am still reeling after that fabulous back rub...holy cow.

Today I am striving to stay strong and eat and drink and move...that's about it.

Breakfast was loaded oatmeal, Lunch veggie burger, Dinner stirfry shrimp/veggies.

Snacks, cucumbers and bell peppers.

So, what's up?

carlak
on 5/26/16 11:10 am - Bradenton, FL

I'm at the Dr's office getting refills! Probably needing labs too. I need medicine before I trek to Illinois.

we leave Maybe Tuesday. Vin is asking where is her Grammy!

Ok why is the Dr's scale five pounds more than mine? It's not right!!!! I think they have it rigged!

Anyway life is good!

Carla

image hosting site

lightswitch
on 5/26/16 2:18 pm

Carla,

Do have a safe trip. I know you cannot wait to see that grandbaby. We are running down the mountain to get my granddaughter's registration for the two week gifted and talented retreat that is being hosted at my university. I forgot to get my daughter's signature so we are running to get that...

That five pound increase in the doctor's scale is to keep us in our place. LOL...we cannot be too confident, can we?

Ready2goNOW
on 5/26/16 12:26 pm

Good Afternoon Jeannie & Carla & Ladies to follow!

It is HOT & HUMID here & like Linda it is difficult for me to exercise when it is like this. I had to work this morning so I was unable to get out to walk before the temp**** 80.

I enjoy walking outside, too. Jim & Jazz come with me most times & lately we decided to pick a development each night to do my 2nd 20-25 minutes. Jazz & I love checking out the different houses, lawn care & at this time of year the flowers & honeysuckle. I hate the idea of going inside...we have a city recreation building that allows walkers to walk in the gym in the AC, but it doesn't appeal to me. However, either does not walking...

Jeannie...now meditation I am interested in & would love to see a video.with instructions! I do know the basics but my mind still tends to wander even when praying. I know there was something else I wanted to comment on from your thread yesterday, but can't right now...darn!

Carla, are you sure you will make it before the birth? I thought the new baby was due the first week of June? At any rate have a safe trip.i bet you are SO excited! Oh, and I only go by my surgeons scale. My heart drs always runs about 7 lbs heavier. Funny thing is though it was that scale that made me decide I had to have surgery...i had weighed in at my all time high of 350 in January of 2015. Now I'm a shelter 235...LOL...

Hala thanks for the cookie recipe. I plan to try it soon. I love coconut...i was addicted to Mounds bars & coconut eggs at Easter! I also like that you can add things of your liking to the recipe.

I have done pretty good food wise do far. Did have 2 slices of bacon with my cheesy virgin scrambled egg...(no milk!). Did have egg salad for lunch on bread, but I do limit my bread consumption to a few times week. Had cantaloupe for a snack...i do rebel against protein for both snacks given my cancer history so I meet my 80 grams a day & let it go. Tonite is rotisserie chicken & a vegetable.

I will get the rest of my exercise & water in tonite..

One more thing. I use myfitnesspal religiously. I love it. However I am SO glad I found these boards, then my surgeon & then my NUT to teach me good nutritional habits. I may slip up alot, but at least I am not eating many of the foods they & many members tout as healthy. It just boggles my mind the suggestions I see on there!

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

lightswitch
on 5/26/16 2:20 pm

Kathy,

I am going to make a video.  It might take me a little bit but I will.  

YOu keep up the good work...you are doing fabulously.  

carlak
on 5/26/16 4:10 pm - Bradenton, FL

I'll get there before the baby comes!!! He or she is doe June 19. If he or she takes after Vin shim will be 4 days late! I'll be up there before Wednesday!!!

c

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 5/26/16 12:33 pm

Should have read what I posted before hitting submit...spell check loves to put words in my mouth..

I am a svelte 235 pounds...lol.

I am also typing from my phone & I see where my color changes..maybe I am hitting stuff on my screen with my non svelte fingers!

Kathy

mermaidoz
on 5/26/16 12:57 pm, edited 5/26/16 5:57 am - Canada

Hi All:

When I agreed to have my RnY, was already suffering some arthritis but my GP and Surgeon both said so many people getting WLS that new meds on the way, tolerable for people like me.

HAS IT HAPPENED?

Think not.  Am hurting so much all over, my Fibro now diagnosed as POLYMYALGIA ARTRITICUS or POLYMYALGIA RHEUMATICA depending on what you looking up on Dr. Google.

Treatment is NSAIDs , or repeat sessions of anti- inflammatories like Prednisone  we can't take...Hello! Did not sign up to be dumped at curb! 

HELP!

jen

lightswitch
on 5/26/16 2:21 pm

Jen,

Sometimes we have to take the steroids and the NSAIDs but just make sure you take some Prilosec to keep the acid in check....

mermaidoz
on 5/26/16 2:32 pm, edited 5/26/16 7:35 am - Canada

Yes, surgeon ok'd Pantoloc (oral Protein Pump Inhibitor) daily , with daily 50 mg  Diclofenac suppository ( Voltaren) ..,but some days, too many: my Colitis and  Diverticulitis/sore anus cannot take the NSAID suppository...then I am totally in bodily pain, besides for my Polymyalgia Artritica, Prednisone is go to med, multiple rounds, don't want it as guaranteed 50 lbs weight gain..and heck of a time losing it.

jen

PS Recent medical reports show Pantoloc (Protein Pump Inhibitor) on a regular basis destroys  kidneys, you will need dyalisis if taking daily longterm...No Thanks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1176 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views