Friday

yvonnef1964
on 12/23/16 8:03 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi ladies,

No one has been on, i hope you are just busy not sick.

I got home from my trip in the wee hours Tuesday.  I was really tired but had a good time. I only gained 3 lbs since the food choices weren't the best. Luckly i had some protein food with me.

Sunday we went to the beach and walked. It was foggy and windy. Then we went to this bridge and walked that. That wasnt the best thing to do when you have problems with heights but i made it. Then we went to a downtown market and walked that.

Wednesday i had Christmas with my family. I got money, electric indoor grill and clothes.

I ran some errands yesterday.

Today i hopefully can get my newspapers read.

Have a good day

Ready2goNOW
on 12/23/16 6:57 pm

Hi Yvonne!

Thanks to you & the other ladies who continue to post here keeping this forum running!

I have not been posting much. Have been pretty busy since October with one thing after another.

My stepson & his new wife came to visit for the 1st time since 2012. They are in their early 30's & not very mature for their age. Called from MO to tell us they were coming & arrived 2 days later! No timeline given for visit & were spending money like it was going out of style. Them oops...don't have enough to get back home...need to wait until the 1st before they can leave. So here for a whole month...my eating went from fair to bad to worse. More to this story, but enough said...

I then came down with a wicked UTI that lasted most of November & 2 rounds of antibiotics. I never knew serious UTI's were so...well...serious! I was so weak, somewhat disoriented & kept feeling like I could black out from weakness. Glad that is over!

December brought my oldest daughter here after a break-up w/her live-in boyfriend. She had been here off & on before that, but she moved everything out this month. More stress.

Sorry to report I have been eating like the old days...sugar is surely the devil in disguise as I have just been possessed! Gained almost 10 pounds since mid-October & feel like crap!

I have kind of given up on getting back on a healthy plan before the 1st. I don't know why I am sabotaging myself like this...eating until I am ill!

Anyhow, enough bad news!

Hope all of you are well & ready for the holidays! I hope Jeannie is doing well between the knee replacement & move...everyone else who has checked in seems to be doing fairly well!

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/25/16 9:43 am

Merry Christmas. And lots of hugs. 

Hope new year 2017 will be good. 

Btw- since my WLS - if I indulge in sugary -carby stuff - even for a few days - I would get mild or major UTI. Even if the carbs were "complex" natural. Including sugar from just ftuits.

It took me a couple of yours to notice the relationship - more carbs =UTI and/or yeast infection.  This is another reason I try to stay as low carb ad I can. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ready2goNOW
on 12/27/16 4:24 pm

H.A.L.A.

You are so right on about the sugar/carbs! I needed reminding that they have contributed to many, many UTI's over the years & no doubt was the source of this most recent one. I have drank several pepsi sodas over the past month & it reminded me how I almost always felt a UTI coming on b/c I would have to pee so often. Fruit, however, has never bothered me.

I am desperately trying to cycle down this week on calories, carbs & sugar in preparation for my New Year's deadline. I plan to do protein shakes the 1st week of January just like before WLS & hopefully detox all this crap out of my system before getting back on a meal plan.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. I enjoyed all the aspects of it except the constant barrage of food!

Thanks again H.A.L.A.

Kathy

yvonnef1964
on 12/24/16 12:35 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Kathy,

You have been through alot. I understand with the eating especially the sugar. Im giving myself till after the holidays. I have gained weight too. Im trying my best to stick to my diet. 

Have a Merry Christmas

Ready2goNOW
on 12/27/16 4:35 pm

Thanks Yvonne!

I am also thinking I need to start going to some of the local bariatric support groups after the New Year b/c I have been slipping for a long time. Yes, a lot has been going on, but others manage to work thru their food issues without going overboard like I have.

I have always enjoyed how you keep it real by posting regularly about your own food struggles. I stopped posting on the main & vertical sleeve boards b/c of the constant judgment rather than support.

My daughter had the lapband in 2012 & has regained all her weight. She was considering a revision & I told her how the sleeve removed the 'hunger hormone.' She complained about feeling constantly hungry.

I just remembered that info about the hunger hormone a few months ago & thought it was a crock of **** b/c I was hungry a lot. But in paying attention more I realized I really am not hungry...I eat b/c I enjoy the taste & texture of food & how it makes me feel afterwards...CALM!!! Plus I eat a lot out of boredom, frustration or even to celebrate. So I guess the hunger hormone was removed...

Anyhow, thanks for the support!

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/16 5:51 pm

Kathy, I was the worse judge of my eating!

When I stopped writing down what and how much I was eating and drinking...Was a beginning of my weight regain. That and when I was avoiding the scale.   Then ...I year later I was 35 lbs heavier ..And my BMI was in obese category...And my back was hurting again. 

Only when I decided enough was enough... And really apply my tool..I was able to reverse the weight trend. 

In 3 months I lost 18 lbs.. then I was complacent again... And to lose the next 10 lbs took me 2 years. 

But once I found what is working for me... And really applied myself I lost to my goal and then some. 

You don't have to post anywhere if you don't feel comfortable. But do that for yourself. That and daily weight.  So next time you reach for "snacks" that are not good for you, maybe that number on a scale can convince you to make a better choice. 

Hugs and good luck.  

Btw - sometimes what you see as judgement is a tough love and genuine concern...Hugs..

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/25/16 9:44 am

Merry Christmas !!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views