Wednesday July 5. Been AWOL for a while

Patricia R.
on 7/5/17 9:03 am - Perry, MI

Sorry I've been quiet for so long. I've had a rough time with depression, and travel. Mom hasn't been doing well between her dementia and depression. In February, she broke her pelvis in a fall, and has been very obstinate with my sister, including just staying in bed all day.

My baby boy, Sean, got married in April. It was a Quaker wedding, where there was not minister, or officiant. It was exactly the kind of wedding he and his bride would have. Relaxed, informal.

My weight had stagnated during the Winter, but I started losing a few months ago.

I hope all of you have been well.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Judy G.
on 7/5/17 2:11 pm - Galion, OH

Hi Trish,

Sorry that your mom is having health issues. I lost my mom just over two months ago. I took care of her til the end. Something I never want to go through ever again in my life. Watching a mom die more each day right before your eyes is really hard.

A Quaker marriage huh? Never knew they got married without a preacher of some kind. Different. Hope it works out for them.

All the stress I have had last few months the weight has come back some and I am trying hard to get it off again. But it seems to really love me now and will not leave.

Good seeing you posting here again.

Patricia R.
on 7/5/17 3:17 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Judy,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. My sister just called to tell me how hard it was to drop Mom off at a nursing home, temporarily, so she can travel here for a visit, and break from Mom. My sister still finds it hard to understand why Mom doesn't remember things she says to her, or why she keeps asking the same questions over and over. I get it, but then I have years of experience dealing with people who don't remember things, and ask questions over and over. I had kids, taught kids, and worked in a psychiatric hospital. I learned ages ago not to expect Mom to behave normally. Before the dementia, she was bipolar. Normal isn't part of Mom's makeup. Never was.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 7/5/17 6:27 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi ladies,

I slept most of the day away yesterday. Today marks 20 years since my mom passed away.

Going to the beach tomorrow since its supposed to be hot.

My SIL has liver cancer. She had her first chemotherapy this week. Ill call her tomorrow to see how it went.

Thats about it for me.

Have a good evening

Judy G.
on 7/6/17 12:47 pm - Galion, OH

Yvonne...20 years...so sorry!! It doesn't get any easier does it? HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Another week or so we will also be at the hotel and beach!!! We are counting down!!!! LOL

Prayers for your SIL and the rest of you!!

yvonnef1964
on 7/6/17 4:20 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Judy,

It's gotten better over the years but still sad for me because she died unexpectedly. The memories of that phone call and couldn't get home right away.

Now I don't take my dad for granted or other family members because you never know when they will die

Judy G.
on 7/8/17 3:25 pm - Galion, OH

Yvonne, I don't know if it would be any easier if it happened unexpectedly or watching your mom die a little more and more each day until she does die.

When my dad died it was fast. We never got to say good-bye to him. I was 19 and just had a baby three weeks before he died.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/17 5:08 pm

Long time no see. Good you are back. Sorry to hear about your mom.

how are other things in your life? a while back you mentioned your daughter may be moving.. anything happened with that? How is Colleen and the grand-babies? Hope everything is well.

How is your dog? what have you been up to ?

In the past I enjoyed reading about your outings with the kids.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views