Sunday Already

seasheleyes
on 7/15/17 9:59 pm - Manteca, CA

Summer is moving on very quickly, which in a way reminds me to grab life and enjoy it while I'm able to be active and healthy. I have recently lost two very close friends, one suddenly in an accident and the other in a disease that stole her movement and life over the period of eleven months. After watching and feeling both events I just want to appreciate every single day.

I live in California and it is hot these days. The heat is dry and not hard to take as long as you have air conditioning and don't work outside midday.

I hope everyone is healthy and hanging in emotionally. Wishing you a terrific Sunday!

Julia

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/16/17 10:46 am
On July 16, 2017 at 4:59 AM Pacific Time, seasheleyes wrote:

Summer is moving on very quickly, which in a way reminds me to grab life and enjoy it while I'm able to be active and healthy. I have recently lost two very close friends, one suddenly in an accident and the other in a disease that stole her movement and life over the period of eleven months. After watching and feeling both events I just want to appreciate every single day.

I live in California and it is hot these days. The heat is dry and not hard to take as long as you have air conditioning and don't work outside midday.

I hope everyone is healthy and hanging in emotionally. Wishing you a terrific Sunday!

Julia

In SC it is hot and humid. We have rain almost every day. Thunderstorms. Everything is damp, mold is bad.

On a good side of that - humidity is great on the skin. Less wrinkles. I need to use less face cream or body lotion. And my In/out cat does not complain to much when we get her home in evening. There are cayotes in my area and I always worry one of them would use her as a snack. But making her indoor only cat has not work in the past. She get very depressed, as any human would get when they lose their freedom. She was a stray when she found me and moved in with me, and she is at least 10 years old. And she has been with me for the last 9.5 years. She made my life so much better and ...more interesting.

I believe we don't own cats - we are the caretakers of them.

Sunday - today is about sleeping late, relaxing and cooking. I love cooking. The cleaning after I can live without... But it is not as bad as I feel what I look at my kitchen after a few hours of cooking/baking.

This Sunday I will cook spaghetti meat sauce, make meatloaf, and some side dishes. Plus jello. SF jello for me. My nails are splitting, collagen is good for that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

seasheleyes
on 7/16/17 2:48 pm - Manteca, CA

I always wonder how I would do in humidity like that. I can handle it on vacations but it is shocking to my system.

We just lost our third cat. We had three for many years and they started to die about nine months ago. They were all close to twenty years old.

Ever since my surgery my hair and nails have been suffering...I am taking biotin now and hoping for the best. I still get the blood tests for my vitamin levels and all are good except for vitamin D. How about you?

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/17/17 10:51 am

Most my vitamins minerals are fine. My D is good but I take a lot. My iron is dropping so I can see iron infusions his year. I not love them, but I need a load up.

hair, nails and joins are made of collagen... so every time i see my nails splitting -it reminds me to get more jello.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/17/17 10:53 am

BTW: 20 year is a long life for a cat. We have 3 cats, all different one 16-17 year old, one 10+, and the third only 3.5 ..

Ready2goNOW
on 7/16/17 1:55 pm

Hello Ladies!

It is hot, hot, hot in DE as well plus high humidity like in SC! It has been close to 100 degrees and 100% humidity the past 3 days so I have barely been outside. I had taken my granddaughter to an appointment a few days ago and came home feeling very fatigued from the heat despite being in an air-conditioned car & office.

I hear you Julia about wanting to appreciate every single day. Unfortunately we have entered the age group where friends & relatives are passing. I know it was tough on you to lose your friend especially the way she died. I had a close co-worker who died from the same disease and it was heart wrenching to see her suffer.

I ***** a lot, but I am SO grateful for so many things in my life. I have lost the majority of the weight I needed to lose so my quality of life improved greatly, I have a terrific husband, I am able to enjoy the things I love whether its working in the garden, reading a book or hiking in the woods, my family is close and we get along despite minor annoyances.

Sundays are relaxing for sure! I try to do as little as possible unless it is work around the house I enjoy doing or getting out to socialize. I love summer despite the heat b/c the whole season just seems to be more laid back.

Hope some others come to post as I miss the regular activity here.

Kathy

Kathy

seasheleyes
on 7/16/17 2:52 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Kathy,

I so understand about the *****ing...go****s human nature. I love to ***** But I just try to keep in mind that I have it very good.

I too hope that the traffic here will improve. Some days I just forget to look and that seems to happen with others too. It would be great to get some new people to post too.

yvonnef1964
on 7/16/17 6:47 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

I went to the public museum today since its was free. At least it was cooler today since i had to park quite away from the museum. Then went to my friends granddaughter b-day party.

Sorry for your loss Julia. I know it is hard.

Have a goodnight

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views