ONEDERLAND, FINALLY, AFTER 9 YEARS

mermaidoz
on 7/20/17 10:00 am - Canada

Have to share, just got off the weighscale. I've dropped 0.6 lbs since last 2 days and broke the 200 lb barrier, am now 199.8 lbs.

The lowest I managed after wls 9 years ago was around 208, and then slow regain started after painfully slow weightloss over first 8 months (which had me jealous of everyone else losing massive amounts in record time). Surgeon and Nut put it down to my age, my slow metabolism due to lifetime yo-yo dieting since age13, and that I had already cut out sugars, carbs and most fats over the previous few years and was eating sensibly and not drinking my calories. The surgery gave me built-in portion control, less hunger so theoretically I should lose weight more easily. I was disappointed, plus I was self pay ( remortgaged home) so was really motivated for the surgery to work.

All through high school and college I was around160-175 lbs. I got to over 300 lbs in my 40s-50s on many diets, yo-yoing down 50 lbs and up more. You've all been there, done that before you decided on your surgery. In a way was successful in that I did lose and the regain was not more than I lost ...but ONEDERLAND was still a dream.

Today I've made it. My IBD has given me a helping hand these last few months as haven't been hungry, but I'll take it. Today and for last few days have come through a flare, so am totally without gut pain. Yay! I've broken the Onderland barrier for the first time since the mid 80's! Yay! I'm a 4 year cancer survivor! Yay! My pain patch is working on all my arthritis and fibro pains.Yay!

Life is Good! Doing a little dance here...just had to share my beautiful day.

Jen

seasheleyes
on 7/20/17 3:02 pm - Manteca, CA

Congratulations Jen! That is amazing and wonderful! I know how difficult it is to reach onederland! It's my goal too, but I'm not that close yet. I am also a survivor, ten years. It sounds like your life is going pretty darn well these days!

Julia

mermaidoz
on 7/20/17 3:28 pm - Canada

Thanks Julia...hoping can continue losing a few more pounds and distance myself from the 200 lb threshold.

Just to say that this journey, once started with the surgery, is a lifetime commitment even as we grow older.

Cheers

j

yvonnef1964
on 7/20/17 6:06 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Congratulations on onederland. Glad life is good

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/17 12:21 pm

Congratulations..!!!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Connie D.
on 7/26/17 10:36 am

Hi Jen....I am so happy for you!!

Congratulations on ONEDERLAND!!!!

I am so glad you are now 4 year cancer survivor!!

I came back to the board but then left again after a person came on here saying something about me. I won't deal with that rudeness. She told me earlier to stay the "F" out of her life and I have. Then she got mad because I didn't reply to her. I blocked her on here as well. I blocked her before because I can't stand the degrading comments and swearing. That is all I will say for now.

I do enjoy your posts. I am not trying to make trouble.

Have a great day!! HUGS and LOVE!!

mermaidoz
on 7/26/17 11:01 am - Canada

Thanks Connie, always enjoy reading you as well.

Am stuck on a plateau at 199.1, and now also have a mild flare of gut pain...hoping liquids and mulched veggies help me get to 195 which is my next goal. Painfree in lower colon would be nice too, but then I eat more!

Cheers

Jen

Connie D.
on 7/28/17 4:10 am

Hi Jen....so sorry you are dealing with so much pain.

You will reach that 195 and lower....just keep doing the best you can.

Love and hugs....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views