11 YEARS TODAY

Judy G.
on 10/17/17 3:20 pm - Galion, OH

Hello everyone...just wanted to stop in and say HI. Today it has been 11 years ago that I had my RNY and I have NOT regretted it one bit!!! I had at one point lost 164 pounds. Sad to say I am back up 50 right now. But I am still DOWN 114 of those 334 pounds that I was at 11 years ago!!! I am finding that my Stress eating is back with a passion. Seems to grow more as time goes on. Losing my Mom almost Six months ago didn't help. Having so called friends here (haha) no support from them when I really needed them...shame on them and THEY know who they are!!! They have me Blocked so I can't reach out to them at all. They have their little Private group on Facebook so they can gossip about everyone behind their back. Didn't know that did you? Yeah they do. Talk about Two-Faced. Oh well. Maybe someday KARMA will get them. Like I said...I was there for them in THEIR time of need.

Enough said.

yvonnef1964
on 10/17/17 8:09 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Judy,

congrats on 11years. Sorry that you are stress eating. I understand that. It is harder the further you get out. When my weight gets to a certain weight, I reign in my eating till I'm comfortable weight range.

mermaidoz
on 10/18/17 9:12 am - Canada

Congrats Judy on those 11 intervening years since your decision and wls surgery....you are much more healthy because of them despite your stress eating and regain. We all have a lifelong battle with food and the wls gives a tool to deal with it... Some mistakenly think the surgery is a magic bullet: have it, get thin and stay that way forever. Um, no, but you now have the upper hand in your lifelong battle. No one said it would be as easy as some of those who tell us we "took the easy way out". Our demons are still with us, but we can face them now... most of us relapse a bit, then take control again as we realize how strong we are.

Happy Surgiversary! Enjoy the health and energy it gave you!

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/17 3:45 pm

Hi Judy. Congratulations on losing and maintained the loss. keeping off over 100 lbs is huge.

Stress eating can be bad. I know.

Stressful situation show really show you who is/was your friend and who was not.

As much as it can hurt - eventually you will get over the hurt. They are not worth your time. (((HUGS)))

Make new friends. Find new group - and be careful - and know taht even in real life - people change over time. And some that used to be friends - are either changed, or you changed and they stay the same.

FYI:I don't come here very often... I check this forum once in a while...

And if you recall - even during the time the forum was very busy - new people were not really welcomed to the group. HUGS.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ready2goNOW
on 11/1/17 6:20 am

Congratulations Judy! That is a huge accomplishment! I am only 2 years out and have gained back almost 30 pounds...I cannot exercise yet & cant get ahold of my own stress eating! However, I do not regret my surgery, either, I have the tool and just need to use it! Plus, I learned so much about nutrition and eating so even if I have some regain I am still eating healthier.

I hear you about the gossiping that went on in this group as well as other issues. I was emailed about a group member with very personal info about another group member. I never solicited ANY info to get this email and was really appalled. But as much as I liked and enjoyed the group I never invested a lot of emotional connections beyond what any caring individual would feel.

I would not allow what transpired here to affect you too much...easier said than done. But I do LOVE that meme they have on FB about ppl who block you are like the trash taking itself out...lol.

Like H.A.L.A. said new ppl were also not welcomed very much and that bothered me a great deal. It was very cliqueish. Maybe now some new ppl will come and stay.

Anyhow, kudos on your long term success.

Kathy

jamijolpn525
on 8/18/18 3:14 pm

Hi Judy,

My name is Jami. I had gastric RNY January 17, 2000. I lost 130 pounds and regained 30 after my Mom passed away 5 years ago. Like you, it was the best decision ever. I never have regretted my surgery. After regaining my 30 pounds, I have tried everything once again to loose the weight....weigh****chers, HCG, starvation, everything. Then on Thursday, something popped in my head and said "you have a wonderful tool in your RNY that you have neglected. Get back to the basics." So, Yesterday and today, I have gone back to the basics of eating that I followed right after surgery. I'm eating and drinking only high protein soups and drinks for a few days then going to measured out soft proteins before moving back to regular proteins. My surgeon said once on full proteins to follow the 2-1 rule. Two bites of protein to one bite of vegetables. Avoid bread at all cost and if I must, no more than one piece of bread daily. I can already tell a difference. As postop RNY patient's, we can never eat the way anyone else can. I forgot that and ate like before surgery. If we are to stay successful, we have to continue to eat the way our surgeons told us to eat for the rest of our lives. So, my commitment (I'm sure there will be backslides) is to pay attention to my pouch and follow my surgeons rules. Always remember, we have a disease of obesity. I came out of remission for a while and now I will be in remission again. You can do this and I am sorry about your friends.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views