Hi Peeps!

mermaidoz
on 1/29/18 3:26 pm - Canada

Come post as we need some life here!

Am pleased to report my weightloss has leveled off at 158-162 lbs. I bounce up and down.

This is a good weight for me as am 5' 7.5" with heavy dense bones and large frame. My sizing is 14-16 depending on the make/cut. Am happy to finally reach this weight as was my high school and college weight. The distribution is somewhat different! Had knockers then and flat tummy but things are reversed now: flat up top with belly roll, but I'll take it!

Have the flu so not hungry nor struggling to keep weight under control. Hydration is the big thing and getting enough protein. Drinking smoothies seems doable as don't feel like cooking until I get my energy back.

How are you making out with your weightloss? We all experience a bit of regain but it can be beaten back! For some it is more difficult as we fight old demons.

Hope you are having a better day today than yesterday. Wishing you an even better day tomorrow!

jen

yvonnef1964
on 1/31/18 6:06 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Jen,

I haven' tried to lose weight lately but would like to lose 25-30 pounds but binge eating has taken over but I'm working on it.

I'm waiting on test results from ultrasound of my liver due to elevated liver enzymes . Otherwise I'm doing good.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Have a good day

mermaidoz
on 2/1/18 6:59 pm - Canada

Hmmm! Wonder why you have elevated liver enzymes. Post here and let us know as we may benefit from your experience and insight if WLS related.

Had a spike when started on Letrozole post breast cancer and had other side effects, an ultrasound 2 years ago indicated fatty liver which had me worried, but a recent MRI said liver back to normal and blood test indicated enzymes also back to normal so can be reversed, as long as you are not an abuser of alcohol and the enzymes are just medication related. My liver was deemed "looks normal " on WLS OR report by surgeon day of surgery, so the elevated enzymes was one of the many nasty side effects of the Letrozole. Side Effects have diminished although am still on it.

Good luck with your tests, hope not serious bad news!

J

yvonnef1964
on 2/2/18 5:37 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hello,

Dr called today and said I have a fatty liver and some stones in my gallbladder. Since I'm not having any pain, they won't remove my gallbladder..

From what I've been reading on this site, elevated liver enzymes are common after wls and go down after 5 years. I'm 3 years out. Maybe it stresses the liver too much at first then calms down after you stable for awhile.

Glad to know that your fatty liver got better.

mermaidoz
on 2/2/18 7:44 pm - Canada

So keep watching your liver enzymes and hopefully everything will sort itself and get back to normal. The liver is amazing as can regenerate and heal itself.

Good luck!

jen

YYC_Healthy
on 5/2/18 6:51 pm
VSG on 05/23/18

Hello,

i have my my surgery date May 23!

so scared, so excited! Friday is my last pre op nurses visit.

about 5 years ago my blood work showed elevated enzymes. I had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. I have never received any sort of treatment and since then my enzymes have been normal. I have no understanding of this disease.

I will be 59 in September, glad there are some folks my age. At times, I think this is a surgery for younger people but am very glad that I am having it. I want my knees back!

mermaidoz
on 5/2/18 11:57 pm - Canada

Hello YYC, and welcome!

Younwon't regret having your knee saving surgery although they will continue to ache as you lose weight because your center of gravity changes as you shed pounds putting strain on various parts of your body like spine and hips and supporting muscle groups also affecting your knees. Losing the weight will definitely help your knees, but not instantly so be patient with your body...

As to fatty liver we get it with obesity and losing weight also helps but then as you saw in the posts above, our livers do weird things .

Good luck with your surgery, let us know how you are doing. We have plenty of old timer bench warmers here who may jump in and answer any questions you have along your journey. Lots of senior experience here and none of us regret having the surgery later in life. Most wish we'd done it sooner (i was 62) and have rediscovered mobility, just like your knees will.

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/3/18 3:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I thought the same thing at first, but I quickly discovered that lots of us "seasoned" folks have it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MichelleS61
on 5/3/18 11:08 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Good luck with your surgery, I'm a couple of months out and have already notice some health improvements, arthritis got better, then the weather go damper and some pain returned but been managing as I can't take Nsaids anymore. I'm hoping finally getting my weight under control will improve quality of life going forward. I'll be 57 in November depending on where you are they'll put you on a special diet pre-surgery to help shrink your liver to make surgery easier.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views