Let's get this board started

pattyp
on 6/8/05 2:51 am - Loserland, GA
Hello, I'm Patty an OTR team driver. My DH and I have been out for 6 years. Right now I'm considering the lapband procedure. Anybody out there, that has had this procedure? Or any of the other procedures. Let's dialog. Maybe we can brainstorm on surviving out here on the road. Newbies, oldies, wannabes, lurkers . I know being on the road we can only post sporadically, but let's give it a shot. Maybe once this 72 hour DOT money hunt is over. Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up. Patty
Brooke Spearman
on 8/17/05 12:43 pm - Carthage, TX
Hi Patty, my name is Brooke! I am not a truck driver but my husband drives for SWIFT...well just started he is in training he has 2 more weeks then he goes out with his team driving partner. Do you like driving teams? Do you make more money that way??? I havent had the surgery yet but I am trying to get the approval now. I am hopeing to have the open type! I am not into the other to much....email me sometime brooke
pattyp
on 8/18/05 8:22 am - Loserland, GA
Hey Brooke.....it's a pleasure and welcome. I'm glad you decided to post here. I team drive with my husband and wouldn't have it any other way. We make out pretty good. Driving with a spouse is cool because the dough all comes home, but it's a little different when the pie gets divided and goes separately. Can you tell that I love pastries. anyhoo.. I have a friend that drives solo for Swift and she loves it. I hear their ins is very good. I haven't had surg yet either. I'm planning on lapband, and my first consult/seminar is Sept 8th. We may start our journey's together. Keep posting. Patty
a downeast yankee -.
on 8/24/05 2:20 pm - Ocala, FL
Hello Patty! My DH and I used to team. We loved it, and it's the only way to go! He now drives solo since my injury, but every once and awhile I have to take a ride as you very well know that the whiteline fever and diesel rumble thru your blood forever! He drives for Raven Transport out of Jax and his handle is Crackerjac. Mine is Southpaw. I just finished going thru the to get the RNY and now just waiting to get healthy enough to get the surgery done. I'm just getting over pancreatitis and am anemic at the moment. So, I am having iron infusions once a month to build up my blood to be able to get the surgery done. What'cha think about the new DOT rules going into effect in October on the log book? My DH is trying them now, but is having a hard time with the comic book. Glad I found this board! Keep in touch and I'll do the same! Be safe out there! ~Roiann
pattyp
on 8/24/05 6:46 pm - Loserland, GA
Hey Roiann......Plaese to meet cha....I copy the Southpaw and Crackerjac. My handle is Happy and DH is Quietfire. I hear ya about the diesel running thru the veins. Will you come back out after you recoup from surg? Bummer on the pancreatitis and anemia. How do you feel after the infusions? The losers bench is waiting for you. We're not affected too much by the new HOS rules as we always tend to stick with 5on 5off. Less headache and no strain on either one. Big 10-4 on the keeping in touch. Patty
Skipper K.
on 9/22/05 7:18 am - Grand Rapids, MN
Hi every body I am a 00 drive for Overbye transport haveing operation i am not haveing lap band i thought it was to easy to gain it all back so am doing lapriscopic i think i spell i wrong
pattyp
on 9/22/05 11:38 am - Loserland, GA
Hey Skipper glad to meet you. Congrats on your surgery choice. Spelling doesn't count, so your safe here. Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Insurance for Owner Ops
me D. · 0 replies · 541 views
New :)
KellyJTn · 5 replies · 316 views
Anyone volunteering ??????
pattyp · 0 replies · 327 views
Life On the Road after WLS.....
pattyp · 0 replies · 300 views