Save My Carpet

katiemother
on 9/30/05 1:31 am - Northern, VA
Two questions. How do I get my dog to quit peeing on a certain spot on my carpet. Does anything get the odor out? I mean really get it out? I've replaced the carpet once already and am just about ready to find another home for the dog. Thanks.
Missmoon23
on 10/6/05 1:09 am - Jeannette, PA
I am having the same problem with my dog Gage. He always pees in one spot right outside of my bathroom door. It is making my whole house stink. He also pees and poops in his cage, yes thats right in the same place that he sleeps and then he'll just lay in it. I'm am truly starting to think about putting him in the pennysaver! I can't stand it anymore!
doodlebug
on 10/30/05 5:31 am - MN
I get some stuff from a janitorial supply called Uric Acid Eradicator. Clean the spot real good and spray that stuff on and let it dry. If the urine has soaked through to the pad or sub floor you may need to inject some under the carpet as well to get rid of the odor.
RieRie
on 11/2/05 3:18 pm - somewhere, IL
when it was time to replace my carpets. I left the wood floors on instead now if my dog goes on the rug. i just throw the whole thing in the laundry. then clean the floor with pine sol. But i think this is a never ending problem with dogs. and as far as the dog that goes in his cage i think that is hopeless. he will never learn i dont beleive but all power to you for trying. Besides we dont train dogs they train us.
Dedicated
on 11/11/05 5:11 am - Eleva, WI
Other than just being naughty, it could be health issue. Your vet can also recommend a product that will work, but if its a habit that takes training.
Most Active
Recent Topics
sugar gliders
marissasmith1987 · 0 replies · 511 views
Getting a new baby tomorrow!!!
Angela R. · 0 replies · 518 views
Labrador Puppy
ShellsBells · 0 replies · 503 views
new to the board
celestia96 · 0 replies · 446 views