lumpy after LIPO ???

ShirleyG
on 8/5/08 7:49 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
A friend of mine had LBL and lipo about 6 weeks ago.  SHe now has some lumpy bumpy indentations on her hips and upper thighs ...Her Dr said this may or may not straighten out and that this happens to some people ... I have never heard of it ...Have any of you and does it remain or is he right.  I know he is the Dr but I have never read on here of that happening to anyone and I had lipo as well a little over 3 weeks ago so am wondering about it ...
Shirl
MommyTeacher
on 8/5/08 8:44 am - Garden Grove, CA
My chin and neck werre very lump for a while....does she have a compression garment to wear? I had one for my neck and it seemed to help!
Vickie W.
on 8/5/08 9:53 am - Murrieta, CA
I have had lipo on my thighs.  I have had to have fluid drained a couple times now.  When they seperate the skin from the muscle to lipo you have to use compression garments to hold the skin in place till it can reattach.  I was not wearing a tight enough garment. 
Still may have to have some fluid drained but I already had quite a bit drained and now am wearing a tight compression garment 24/7. I only take off to shower and put a clean one on, wash the other in the shower and hang to dry for the next day.  My PS said that the fluid would eventually go away but he likes to get it out to aid in healing faster.  Keeping the garment on smooths out my legs. 

Vickie      (5'3"-Starting Wt-275  /  now-165 /  (My Goal 150)
12/10/03 - RNY Gastric Bypass - Dr. Francis Essien
11/27/06 - LBL, Medial Thigh Lift, Muscle and Hernia Repair - Dr. Katzen
 7/9/08-BL/BA/Upper Torsoplasty/Brachiaplasty/outer thigh lipo-Dr. Katzen
www.bodybykatzen.com  
This helped me Heal Fast ** 
www.thegreatproduct.com/vickiew  

Kaylynne
on 8/5/08 9:56 am - ~, WA
This is so ironic.  I'd never heard of it until this morning when I went in to get a band fill.  I was talking to the RN and she asked if I had any lumps from my lipo procedure.  I said no and asked what she was talking about!  She said it was somewhat common to get lumps from where the cannula was under the skin. 

I would do the compression garment too.  I bet it helps a ton!  Good luck!
Kim

I childproofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!

ShirleyG
on 8/5/08 10:43 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Did she say if they went away...My friends Dr said sometimes they do and some not ...I WOULDNT be happy about that is not ...
Kaylynne
on 8/5/08 12:08 pm - ~, WA
She didn't say and I didn't think to ask since I didn't have it.  Hmmm...
Kim

I childproofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!

adelida1
on 8/5/08 12:12 pm - New Orleans, LA
You might remember a few years ago the big deal about actress Tara Reid having a bad lipo job on her belly because it was all rippled and dimply looking and she is very very skinny. It was mentioned many times on tv that it was just a bad job on the dr's part. Not so sure if that is true or if it can happen to anyone. But if you google her name you can find the bikini pics of her tummy to see what I am talking about.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Vivian Prouty
on 8/5/08 6:04 pm - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 11/22/05 with
I had lipo done almost 4 weeks ago to my tummy area.   I only had lipo done though.    I have no lumpy bumpy indentions nor did I last year when I had my LBL with lipo.    I did look over my paperwork that I was given before my lipo surgery.   I did say that if you were not smooth prior to the lipo....you won't be smooth after and sometimes you will look worse.   Now....that being said....tell her to wear her compression garmet as tight as she can stand it.  She will probably not see the final results from the LBL for a year.    It takes that long for everything to settle.   After that if she is unhappy with her results she can always go back for a revision.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

ShirleyG
on 8/6/08 3:44 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
THanks Vivian
I will tell her ...I was worried that I might get that as she didnt have it at first, showed up on her around a month out she said ...
Lifebeauty
on 8/6/08 8:38 am
Lap Band on 11/16/07 with

I had lipo on my arms 7/21.  I only take my compression garment off long enough to wash and dry.  I hope it is tight enough.  My outer arm was smooth before the surgery and he told me it would look the same.  I don't see any lumpy or bumpy indentations on the outside.  I felt a few under my arms but massage them and try to work it out.  I go back to the Dr on the 27th and will ask more questions.  So far I am happy with the appearance though my arms are still swollen.  Let me know if you all find out any thing more. 

Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

ShirleyG
on 8/6/08 10:11 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Actually she was smooth before the lipo too . Then at about 4-5 weeks she started having indentations of sorts in the skin so I dont know . SHe is wearing her compression too but she said her Dr said that happens to some people .  I dont think that is a good answer and would want to know if he could fix it . She  is going back in 2 weeks and I beleive she is going to try to find out more ...