Tricare Standard for TT

Ramgon
on 2/5/09 12:02 am - Palmdale, CA
Thanks, Petra.  I think I will start the research process now.  I still have some weight to lose, but the panni is bothering me so much - not just emotionally, but physically.  It gets in the way. I have no lap - you know the song.

Based on what I've read and have been told, another problem is finding a surgeon that will accept Tricare. The reimbursement is so low, that even those that Tricare refers to, sometimes deny an appointment fo consult because they decided not to accept it.  That happened to me w/ my WLS doctor.

Thanks so much for your help and I will keep the world posted.
Jeni
on 2/5/09 3:48 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
I have Tricare and I'm getting the panni done on 2/24. Actually it was supposed to be yesterday but I got bumped.

The above poster was correct and you have to fit in the three requirements to get it approved. I didn't have any problems at all but I'm having it done at a Navy hospital.

Stop telling God how big your storm is and starting telling your storm how big your God is!

Ramgon
on 2/5/09 11:08 pm - Palmdale, CA

Jeni,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I hope you have the most uneventful surgery possible and that the Lord keeps you in his light during and after your surgery.

Mo

jaimeeK
on 3/8/09 6:35 pm
I have a question for you gals that have done the tricare research...

I have had 4 babies in 5.5 years. With a pan. that hangs past my pubic area....haven't measured, but can't see pubic area at all it hangs so low.  I'm 191, 5'1, last baby born in August. I have an umbilical hernia from the pregnancies, all delivered c-sections. Obviously, I need to shed some lbs to be considered. I have constant rashes, ulcers, which I have been self treating, the wetness contributed to a massive infection with my last delivery....I had to go back to the hospital for 10 days and almost died...had to have wound heal from the inside out. I can meet the criteria over the next year.... there is no way I can loose 100 lbs...I would look like a waif. 150lb. is my goal. Does having the hernia help my case with tricare? Oh I would appreciate your advice...so I know how to take on the beast! (tricare).

THANKS! And good luck with all of your surgeries/endevors!
Jaimee
Most Active